Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Committing suicide - Not the ultimate solution

Often we come across situations wherein someone commits suicide for :

1. Having failed in love
    2. having failed in exams
    3. Financial loss
    & inexplicable reasons.

Almighty has given us life only to lead it by proper planning given the opportunities.
    Suicide is a word to be removed from the dictionary

Lets discuss here

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    remove from the dictionary.............not sure.
    but i also beleive that allmighty has given us life to live and i have always believed that God only has the right to take a life.............so sucide is not a choice.
    those who sucide........ maybe dont have a friend or something..........i dont know, never come across any suiciders!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nakkeeran : You have chosen the right time to start this discussion - as most Hubbers are well aware of the recent suicides by TV actresses. There were also reports of school students attempting suicide in Tamil Nadu after the recent announcement of results of public exams.
    I have already written something reg suicide at THIS topic. Everyone kindly read it and give your frank opinions there.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmn to be given a thought !
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have experienced this personally.....

One of my good friends committed suicide ( drowning in Bay of Bengal ) because he couldnt get more % in Plus2 first group.
    He aspired to become an engineer & he couldnt digest the shock.
    He was a bright student but unfortunately the marks came as a bolt to his plans

But yes, suicide is not the solution.

You are right Nakeeran

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the next time he or she may not have the same faith in God as they had previously. They tend to think, I trusted in God to help me but even He has deserted me, so what's the point in living, who can help me now if even God is not willing to help me.... this type of thinking makes the person go the full way the 2nd time and they actually commit suicide.

The second benefit is that, the person gets into a routine of sorts by doing meditation regularly morning and evening. This routine gives the person less chance to think continuously about whatever bad incident had happened in their life.

And last but not the least, the process of meditation slowly brings back the Faith in God, for that person. Now they start feeling that the past is past, whatever happened was God's Will & that they were not deserted by Him. After regular practise of meditation, this Faith in God gets reinforced to such an extent, that the person doesnt think of suicide again - even if the situation becomes worse than the previous time.

When I say Medittation, I am talking about a specific method followed in a Spiritual Organisation I know of, where, Meditation is not just a hobby, but a way of life.
    ramky: u r right

i strongly believe that Love to God will help us feel better and also medittation, but i never tried that.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    first good thread by Nakeeran

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    first sincere reply by gr8

one of my friends friend () commited suicide for his love craziest thing is, even before death he didn reveal his love to the girl!
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Many actresses have committed suicide :

1. Shoba
    2. Fatafat Jayalakshmi
    3. Silk Smitha
    4. Kozi koovudhu Viji
    5. Divya barathi

Sad to note that even small screen characters follow it

Suicide is not the solution. Nice thread to share, Nakeeran

Senior Member Regular Hubber ab_123's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very recently, my family has been affected by this. My Chitthi's 19 year old son did this... for fear of not being able to write his Math exams (1st year college). Our speculation is that he did not want to disappoint his parents because he knew what a financial burden it was on them to get him into that college.

The sad part is , now his mother will have life-long pain and guilt. This is very sad, and I'm sure that people who do this are in a state of depression, and therefore the logic behind the decision might be "Oh they'll just feel sorry for me", because they themselves are in a state of feeling that way. They are unable to get the BIG picture, when they are in that state.

The teenage years are the most delicate, and parents should make sure that their kids feel that they can talk to them, otherwise, the lines of communication are lost and can lead to grave consequences.
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast