Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: christmas

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

christmas

Should the public celebration of Christmas be overtly Christian , or politely multicultural?

i'm doing this for a school assignment and i need some ideas and thoughts from the public on this issue

thanks for all your help!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking from an Austrailan perspective, there are many non-christian families that have christmas festivities not to celebrate the birth of christ but to get family and friends together and enjoy.

Governement and most institutions dont enforce a christian Christmas here but they dont make a point of making it multicultural either.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Christmas is a nice holiday. One may not be interested in the religious factors but this is a holiday that unites the world along with Newyear.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chrismas is the day of the Holy Family.
    Thge Holy Family is your family. So it is thought and celebrated here in Germany and not only as the Birth of Jesus Christ.
    People use to vist their families and friends and ease the tension with their foes during this time.
    The funniest thing is that though the Christmas is the feast of the family a lot of problems occur especially during the three days 24th to 26th.
    A lot of people are depressive during this days because they feel they are lonely.

Christmas should become a international family holiday than a religious one. It should be like the International Worker's Day 1st of May

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    well wat ever it is, Merry Christmas to all, Christians.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think christmas arose from a pagan rite regarding the family. The Christmas-tree is originally from Germany.

Raghu,
    same to you but still it si too early to say that.

HO! HO! HO!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    well i think you should celebrate Christmas as it applies to you...if you celebrate from a religious view than good anything to strengthen you faith..because it much easier nowadays for faith to be broken...though i appreciate it being celebrated from a multicultural perspective cause then i can join in the fun! I still enjoy the holidays even though im on the multicultural side...i put up decorations (paper snow-flakes and sun catchers galore) send gifts, cards, candy, go to parties, have dinners, get together with friends and family etc. and i love having a designated holiday time to do all this....i have lived quite far away from our ethnic community since i came to Canada so i miss out on any of my religious days, ceremonies, holidays etc...by this way im really happy that i can be included in these festivities Plus it's a huge pick-up for me from the depressing bitter cold, wind and ice...

so Season's Greetings to All..and in case i forget a Happy New Year as well

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good thread!! Though we're Hindus, my family and I love the festivities of the Christmas season. Funny though, living in a country where Christians are a minute minority, December is never the same until we've stopped to admire the Christmas trees and the festoons in every shopping centre or mall!!!

Today, we just came back with our own plastic tree, with packets of trimmings and the twinkling lights. We'll be decorating tonight. All of this, just to apeace my small 6 year old!!!

Ho Ho Ho!! Seasons' Greetings to all of you too!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

christmas spirt

Any festival that brings people together should be a cause for celebration. Lets not look at it as a Christian event but as another reason to forget our differences and to be merry.

We have many reasons for being thankful for and if you have the opportunity to join a group that is celebrating, then by all means join in. Bring your family along. Festivals are meant for sharing and caring. I think it makes little difference in what you believe in, when there is so much to be happy about on this special day.
    faith can move mountains

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here I noticed that my colleagues say 'Merry Christmas' to each other and 'Happy holidays' to me.

A big supermarket chain called Macy's have decided not to use 'Merry christmas' instead use 'Happy holidays' only. The courier company UPS fired an employee for saying 'Merry Christmas' to a client at the time of package delivery.

They feel that non-christians feel offended when you say 'Merry Christmas' to them.

I always reply back by saying 'Merry Christmas' after all whats wrong in celebrating some others religious festival. I think most of us feel the same way. Right?

So "MERRY CHRISTMAS" to all of you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast