Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What does it mean to be thamizhs- PLEASE RESPOND

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    marappinum othukkolalaagum paarpaan pirap
    pozhukkam kundrakk kedum

Therindhavargal idhai enna sollappogindrargal???
    Indrajith

Na Bhootho...Na Bhavishyathi !!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber Idiappam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That just shows that the Brahmins of Valluvar's time were of ill conduct too! hahaha!

Read the Kural verse again - and also the verse before that = to understand what Valluvar meant!

There is no casteism here!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

word paarpaan

paarppaan = kOyil kAriyam paarppavan.

Could have been anyone. Not necessarily the ancestors of present day brahmins.

Even up to now, there are temples in remote areas which are not looked after by brahmins!!

Do not read present day caste into kuRaL.

piRappu ozukkam = (enthak kudiyil piRanthaanO, anthak kudiyin piRapozukkam ).

Tirukural was looked as a Translation and explanation of Vedas, as per the Authors of Tiruvalluva Malai, few of which is quoted already in Tirukural Thread. - MosesSolomon
    ThirukkuRaL has nothing to do with the Vedas. It is also not a translation or explanation of the Vedas, which were made at different times by different authors, few of whom were unknown persons.

On the question of Aryan /vedic concepts and kuRaL, reference can be made to "Thiruvalluvar nool nayam" by Prof. Dr R.P. Sethupillai.

ThiruvaLLuvamAlai says that VaLLuvar wrote kuRaL as an original presentation. (muthal nuul ). "thAnE muzuthuNarnthu thaNdamizin veNkuRaLaal , aanaa aRamuthalaa an naankum" - nakkiirar.

"muppaalin mikka moziundenap pakarvaar, eppaa lavarinum il" - ( siRukarunthumbiyaar). There is nothing worth mentioning besides KuRaL , so says ThiruvaLLuvamaalai, so how could it be a translation?

By itself it is the vEtham: "vEthap poruLaai mikaviLangki" - (maangkudi maruthanAr ). mikaviLangki = it exceeded in its greatness any other religious or other exposition.
    Translation enRaal eppadi 'mikaviLangkum"?

vaLLuvan sei thirukkuLai
    maRuvaRa nan kuNarnthOrkaL
    uLLuvarO man vAthi
    oru kulaththuk koru niithi? (manonmaNiyam).

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: TAMILS AND INDIC TRADITION

Quote Originally Posted by solomon
    Friends,

Bible is full of Racism and Jesus openly Practised Racism as per Gospels, no use to compare Bible and Vedas.

MosesSolomon

Please explain yourself, instead of making such blanket statemens.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber r_kk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi abbydoss1969,
    One of the big mistakes we humans do about religion and religious books is that we consider those as holy, provided or inspired by so called God and worship it without understanding it. But the fact is that all the organized religions and its books are man made with limited knowledge with the purpose of gaining superiority over mass or intention to deceive and exploit the mass.

Even though I accept the above statement of Solomen about Bible, based on my detail study about Bible and history, I reject Solomen’s statement about Vedas with the same criteria. It is also equally dangerous to human kind.

In order to understand racism in Christianity you try to read the following
    1. Pro-slavery transcripts of Amerian Civil war documents particularly Reverend Thomas Stringfellow (1856), a Baptist minister from Culpepper County in Virginia titled "A Scriptural View of Slavery:"
    2. Reasons for Rwandan Genocides
    3. Reasons for genocides of Jews before and during second world war.

In order to understand Vedas effect on human suppression, read books of any Dalit revolutionary leaders. The cruel caste (varna) system was/is the major and sole foundation of Vedas and vedic system (Varansaram).

I request you to just remove the viewpoint of looking religious books as holy and worshipping it (without reading and understanding along with actual historical impact on human beings). Just consider it as the works of our ancestors. I can write tons of posts about the bad parts of all major organized religions and its holy books. But considering the rules of this forum and nature of this thread, I am not writing here. If you want to know any more details, then pm to me.
    Netrikan thirapinum kutram kutrame...

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, but this topic has to be closed. Going too much into casteism is forbidden on our forums..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234