Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone know about dreams?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Anyone know about dreams?

Topic started by Denise (@ roc-66-24-77-47.rochester.rr.com) on Thu Mar 7 20:36:18 .

I have this dream every night for the past few months.I am walking outside,it is warm and the birds are singing.There are flowers every where,Daffadils mostly.I'm very happy and content.When I wake up I feel threatened and wish I could go back to my dream.What do you think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Neel (@ c-24*) on: Sat Mar 9 17:13:18

Denise,

I think there was another thread on dreams. I will see if I can find that.

A common belief in Tamilnadu, India is that early morning dreams will come true. It could just be a myth based on some legend. I personally have had a lot of bad dreams in the early morning hours. Therefore I dont want to believe that it will come true.

Otherwise in my opinion (from experience) one kind of dreams are in which what you wish for and long for come true. And who wouldn't wish birds singing, daffodils blooming and being happy and content. And there may be a reason behind your dream. May be you have been and are going through too many things in life for a while now and have been longing for some time to relax. Or, you could have been in some unhappy situation for quite some time and had been wishing that you could change it.

Another kind of dreams I have are usually based on my fears. Could be like snakes attacking me or dangerous-looking strangers trying to rob me or kill me or kill others. Sometimes living people I know have died in my dreams. Sometimes I have died in my dreams and then I take part in my funeral too. Could be based on fears from childhood or fears from living through bad times. I would qualify these kinds of dreams as nightmares. These nightmares are the ones that can have so many unconnected events happening in them and it is very hard to remember the entire dream as it happened.

Post Thanks / Like

Shakthi (@ bang*) on: Sun Mar 10 03:20:45

Hi, Denise,

Not all dreams happens, there is a theory which says, "we dream to satisfy
    our inner urges which cannot be satisfied in the physical wrold" Probably
    dreaming to be the President of USA, ETC can be categorised as such.

But again, its is also said, dreams are just mental projections of ur soul.
    What ur soul wants, is, or plans to be.

What ever it may be, not all dreams come true, It depends, upon the relevance
    of the dream, time of the dream, how important it is to ur physical life,
    and how much u work towards achieving the dream. There fore, A LOT DEPENDS
    ON HOW MUCH U WORK UR DREAM COME TRUE. Dream can however warn u, or give u
    a sign or clue regarding ur future

Flowers:-fresh yellow, pink, green , white flowers indicates happiness or growth
    of business.

Birds:- In open field indicates challenges in business.

Sun or Sunshine:- Indicates achievements, comforts and happiness

I assume (is it possible?) that u are undertaking, or in an idea of undertaking
    any business? If so, its a good omen.

Some tips on how to have good dreams or dreamless sleep.

* Improve ur habbits
    * Pray before going to sleep or recite some mantra
    * Bath before sleep
    * Never use rubber foam, bed should be preferrably hard enough
    * Do not use dark colours for curtains or bedsheets in the room
    * Before going to sleep never think of unpleasant thigns
    * Keep ur mind and body relaxed.

There fore, If its a good dream work towards it and try to achieve it.
    If its a bad one, forget it, and it wont happen!

bye and take care
    Shakthi.

Post Thanks / Like

donna (@ pc45*) on: Fri Mar 15 08:59:38

Hi, Denise-
    I have read a lot about dreams, too. Yours seems to have lots of symbols of spring which means a new beginning, growth, etc. I have read that dreams are messages from our subconscious, that our minds are so active and bombarded during the day that the subconscious uses the time when we are asleep to communicate with us. The only problem is that we all have our own symbols so you have to figure out what each element of the dream means to you. My favorite example is the spider, I am terrifed of spiders but I dream about them all the time and any dream book will tell you that a spider is a good symbol. Nor for me!!! To me a spider means being trapped or stuck, spiders are also predators and even though they can be very small they can be very poisonous and dangerous. Maybe there is something you want to happen but you are afraid that it won't or you won't be able to achieve it, that is why you have the feeling of threatened. Maybe there is something you want to do, something that will make you very happy but you are afraid to take the first step.

Post Thanks / Like

Gods slave (@ bl10*) on: Fri Mar 15 20:54:58

To nanda,

Aani a malaylam film star who was a catholic christian converted to hinduism a few years back. She became member of the arya samaj which endorses the equality of all in hindu religion.

There are lots of other foriegners who may not officially convert to Hinduism but accept and follow the philosophies of hinduism under eminent gurus like sankaracharyas and others.

Sonia Gandhi willingly admitted to being a hindu by praying in temples and participating in hindu religious ceremonies.

Mahatma Gandhi, Vivekananda, Matha Amrithanada Mayi, Sai Baba ,the sankaracharyas and scores of other hindu gurus have thousands of converts who help them in spiritual and social work and stress on the equality of all people in hinduism.

One of the most controversial was the closest disciple of Matha Amrithanadnamayi who was a devout muslim and who changed his renegade religion after having a spiritual reawakening. Muslims in Kerala had targeted to kill this guy as he had converted from islam and apostasy in islam means punishment by death. But he was saved on all occasions by the grace of god.

So there are thousands of conversions but they are all spiritual in nature and not like political gimmicks played by muslims and christains by getting money from the middle east or america.

Post Thanks / Like

Neel (@ c-24*) on: Sat Mar 16 10:17:53

Gods slave,

Could you please post only opinion relevant to the topic. If you keep posting unrelated posts, other posters will not take you seriously and will start skipping over your posts. Thank you for understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

fridge (@ netc*) on: Mon Mar 25 08:04:53

Hi

I once dreamt that my Late father had come back from the dead, In my dream I was back in childhood but very aware that he was dead, He kept walking towards me with his arms out but I kept running away afraid knowing all the time that he had died. In my dream he had walked out of a house in my old neighbourhood, In reality the house belonged to a really nice family, there was a coin nailed onto a tree and friends used to tell horror stories of the coin being related to witchcraft. My folks said not to believe such things, The fact that it appeared in my dream worries me that on some subconscious level I am scared of witchcraft

can anyone interpret.

Post Thanks / Like

Nagarajan (@ dkf-*) on: Fri Mar 29 13:28:09

dreams are echoes of what we see in the day time. if you analyze the sequences, persons or impressions, they will surely have a cause in what happened during the day. it could be something very subtle like a thought about a person or a photo etc.. though you would have dismissed the thought or might have shifted your concentration to another thing, the impression stays in the mind. when the time is appropriate it rises to the consious level as dreams..

falling -> fear of failure
    someone chasing -> afraid of consequences

hth

Post Thanks / Like

Kirsten (@ plmo*) on: Mon Jun 2 04:18:31

spiders i'm dreaming of spiders. i'm like really really scared of spiders. its like 330 in the morning i have to be up at five, i can't go back to sleep because of the damn spiders. latly i have had four dreams of spiders, one being of a trancula. they were never really climbing up walls or on telephones, but they are allways really close to me and when i wake up i'm really creeped out. i just want to know why i am dreaming about these scary-ass spiders and how i can make them stop. thanx

Post Thanks / Like

Kirsten (@ plmo*) on: Mon Jun 2 04:18:55

spiders i'm dreaming of spiders. i'm like really really scared of spiders. its like 330 in the morning i have to be up at five, i can't go back to sleep because of the damn spiders. latly i have had four dreams of spiders, one being of a trancula. they were never really climbing up walls or on telephones, but they are allways really close to me and when i wake up i'm really creeped out. i just want to know why i am dreaming about these scary-ass spiders and how i can make them stop. thanx

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast