Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Hindi Film Music

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Sriram Lakshman (@ ifmx*) on: Mon Mar 15 14:26:01

Ramji, the Hamsadvani songs you have listed are superb. The tamil version of "Paigham" had SV Venkatraman's score. Remember the song "KaNNil kudiyirukkum". I do not like this song too much ,but you know, there was one Vyjynthimala in it. I will stop here before I am tempted to digress further.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

SRK (@ inkt*) on: Mon Mar 15 14:27:50

Can someone tell me who is the singer of the song "Akhiyon ke jharonko main" (film?; *ing: Sachin, Ranjita).

Post Thanks / Like

nalini (@ 169.*) on: Mon Mar 15 15:02:49

Sriram, yes - "haye re vo din" is another superb song from the movie. Others are "Sanvare, Sanvare" and "kaise din beete", all by Lata.

"Ghungaroo ki tarah" is an excellent song. Didn't realize that was by R. Jain. Speaking of the versatile Kishore Kumar, he was an excellent composer too, in my opinion. Wish he had composed a lot more than he did - "bekarar dil, tu gaye ja", "koi humdum na raha", "panchi hoon main" and "koi lauta de mere beete hue din" to name a few.

SRK, sorry, can't place the song you've mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like

Sriram Lakshman (@ ifmx*) on: Mon Mar 15 16:23:48

SRK , that was composed by R.Jain and sung by Hemlata.
    Nalini, "Kaise din beete" is truly a wonderful song.
    I have always admired KK's composing skills.
    AA chalke tujhe main leke chaloon
    Tandee hawa yeh chaandni suhaani
    Mai hoon Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhum Jhumroo
    (wonderful yodelling in this song)
    are songs that stand as testimony to his composing skills. There was a song that was sung by Manna Dey for KK in "Door gagan ki chaon mein" and I do not remember the pallavi.The same movie had some of the songs you have mentioned.
    Was "Hawaon pe likh do Hawaon ke naam" composed by KK or Hemant Kumar ? It had a wonderful song and well sung by KK too.

Post Thanks / Like

Ramji (@ 205.*) on: Mon Mar 15 17:07:47

Nalini:
    I will need a separate thread to list my SDB fvts. Taxt Driver( the immortal Jaye to jaye
    kaha(n)),Nau do gyarah,Pyasa, CID, Kagaz ke pool,Bandini, Sujatha( the inevitable Jalte
    Hai(n) and the timeless Sun morE bandhurE),Guide, Teen Deviya(n),kala pani, kala
    bazaar,Mr and Mrs 55, what was the movie? (Tandi havaye(n) by lata which was borrowed
    in Tamil(konjum puravaE by MLV)

Sriram: I think Nenjil kudiyiruukkum is a good song based on Shanmugapriya. You will probably know this, SVV also scored one song in the tamil
    version of Mugal E Azam - Akbar-"Azhakin Nila" based on kapi. Even though it faded a bit in
    front of Bade gulam Ali Khan's song in the same scene in Hindi, it was good.

Sriram, Nalini etal,

I am crazy abt old Hindi songs but my drawback is that I can not remember the lyrics. This
    is true even in Tamil. So I will look forward to your help with the lyrics.

Let us hope that soon we will have an audio HUB where we can post our fvt songs

Post Thanks / Like

Sriram Lakshman (@ ifmx*) on: Mon Mar 15 18:08:43

Ramji,
    Mr and Mrs 55 had OP Nayyar scoring the music. You will note in the "Old responses" that all the songs that you have mentioned have been listed including "Tandee hawayen" which is "Naujawan".
    I have not heard SVV's version in the Tamil remake (BTW who sang this song ? ) , but do love the hindi version "Jogan Ban Jaye" by Bade Ghulam Ali Khan. I think Naushad had to use all his persuasive powers to get him to sing in a film.
    Nenjil kudiyirukkum starts with S.Priya and I think deviates to "Kalyani" in the second stanza.
    Though we have listed a lot SDB's songs, we have forgotten "Tere bin sooni Nayan hamare" sung by Rafi and Lata in "Teri soorat meri aankhen". Rafi is superlative in this song. The other famous song in this movie apart from "Poocho na kaise" is "Naache man mora" by Rafi, a lively number. What about "Mast pawan ke panchi re " sung by Asha for SDB ? This is is folksy tune with a classical touch. Talking of classical songs , "Pawan diwani" in Dr.Vidya picturised on Vyjynthimala is a good song, Jhan JHan Jhan jhan paayal Bhaaje by Lata is another superb song.
    Ramji, I am as bad as you are with respect to lyrics ,be it Tamil or Hindi. Bull and Nalini seem to have awesome memory and penchant for lyrics.

Post Thanks / Like

Sriram Lakshman (@ ifmx*) on: Mon Mar 15 18:24:25

Ramji, who composed the other songs in Akbar and what are they ?

Post Thanks / Like

SRK (@ inkt*) on: Mon Mar 15 19:37:43

A great thing about SDB was his music never faded in quality - to the last day, he would come up with superlative numbers.

Some gems of his later days:
    1. Sharmeelee: Megha chaaye, khilte hain gul yahaan.
    2. Abhimaan: teri bindiya re, ab to hai tum se, tere mere milan ki yeh raina
    3. A number of other Amitabh-Jaya Bhaduri starrers like Mili, Chupke Chupke, etc. In fact, even these films are among the most memorable.

All his songs had such a rich folk touch.

Post Thanks / Like

Ramji (@ 205.*) on: Mon Mar 15 21:53:42

Sriram:

Oops I goofed in a big way on Mr and Mrs55 considering that I have been an admirer of OPN also.

azhakin nila in Akbar was sung by RadhaJayalakshmi.All other songs were the same Naushad music with Tamil lyrics.

How could I forget "poocho na kaise"?

My memory of nejil kudiyirukkum is not vivid enough to remember the deviation to Kalyani.

Back to SDB, " thu kaha(n)" by Rafi in Tere Ghar ke saamne?

We can talk of these old songs for ever and still miss some gems. What a golden era!

Going still further back, will I be soliloquising if I talk abt KL Saigal?

Post Thanks / Like

MS (@ 129.*) on: Tue Mar 16 01:39:06

Has anybody heard "Ni sa Ga ma pa ni" by KJ - Salil combo ? Wonderful is just not the word to descirbe.

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast