View Poll Results: how much wud u rate this

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • wow! good try at the age of fourteen ...

0 0%
  • good but not great..

0 0%
  • not bad ... but was a waste of time

0 0%
  • throw it in the garbage can

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BOLT FROM THE BLUE

Senior Member Senior Hubber chevy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

BOLT FROM THE BLUE

Hi ..

This is one story I wrote when I was in eighth or ninth standard , so you’ll be able to see how kiddish the writing style had been then ( it still is, to be honest... )

Do read and tell me what you think ..
    And I’ll tell you the reason behind me writing it.
    ( i had named it as the torn shirt then ... )

cheers !
    chevy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    A certain man, who I am acquainted with for the last ten years, told me a bitter and edgy experience that he encountered recently .This friend , whom we shall refer to as X ,is a man of a diffident and shy character.
    While speaking to woman who is not acquainted with him, his inferiority complex makes him nervous and stammer.

A few days back, X went to his home town in a first class train wearing one of least favorite shirts, one that was too tight for him and had florescent colored , printed designs .He couldn’t care less for what he wore , after all he was going to the village .He got into his compartment a few minutes before the train departed , relieved to see that no one else in the same compartment .
    He comfortably settled down and began reading.

The station master waved the green signal and the train slowly began to move .Just as X breathed a deep sigh of relief ,a young boy flung open the door and a woman slowly walked into the compartment without noticing him .She staggered as she walked but before our gentleman X could even think of asking if she needed help she seated herself opposite to him .The young boy put her luggage on the top berth and to X’s abhorrence and detestation , he left the compartment with a ‘see you ’, leaving the woman and my friend X alone . The journey would take an hour, the thought of which made the introverted Mr. X even more terrified.

After nearly ten minutes of silent communion, X decided to take an initiative to begin a conversation .He lifted his bent down head and his jaw dropped at what he saw . It wasn’t just the black overalls and black leather shoes that he’d noticed for so long . Opposite to him was an angel-like face .As she looked up he sank into the unfathomable depth of her deep blue eyes .Her hair tresses ,like lush dark forests ,fell on her shoulders beautifully .Suddenly he noticed she was looking at him .He gave her one of his best smiles .
    She simply didn’t notice him. ‘How arrogant!’, thought X ‘ Even the prettiest rose bush has thorns .How true’

All of a sudden, the cell phone of X rang which startled both the lady and X out of the blue .After X finished his call , he thought of making yet another attempt .Yes and this time he must talk . “Hello, sorry if I caused a disturbance ,actually …..”
    “Oh , no problem . Where are you going ?”
    “I am going to my native village for ….”
    Slowly the conversation built up and went on for an hour . Thoughout the conversation .Mr. X withered uncomfortably in his tight and bright pink shirt .A gorgeous woman was next to him and he was in his worst array. His shirt and tie were flamboyant in disposition . He pulled his shirt and folded his hands to hide the fading printed designs .

Suddenly , Zrrrrrrrrp ! his shirt tore at the back
    He smiled sheepishly .The lady gave no response .Mr.X was in the most unpleasant situation of his life .He bent sideways and reached out for his bag and dragged it towards him .he pulled out the first jacket he could spot and put it on over his shirt . “It’s getting slightly cold , isn’t it?” he said with a imperceptive grin .

After about thirty minutes , the train arrived at the station . ‘ Finally !’ he sighed .
    He quickly took his baggage (without turning , of course !) and slid the compartment door open .
    “ See you” he told the lady trying to get out as soon as possible .
    “ Excuse me , could you help me with the luggage ?”
    “oh, sure”
    ‘What hard luck !’ he thought . He took her luggage and placed it down . Suddenly , he realized he was facing his back to her .He turned quickly to find the lady smiling behind him . He smiled back at her expecting a ‘thanks’.
    “see you then”, he said preparing to escape .
    “oh, you’ve placed it ? thank you .”
    Mr. X nodded his head , bewildered . ‘Weird lady’ he mumbled .
    Just as he was about to turn the lady gave him a furtive smirk .He quickly pulled his jacket effusively .

“excuse me for being so barmy ..but I am laughing at my own pitiable state …..”, she said .

Mr. X adjusted his jacket yet more and even looked back to see if the torn part was visible .
    He wondered if the lady would say, ‘What a pity , I have to travel with a guy who’s wearing torn clothes’.

But he was puzzled when she said , ‘ I am so unfortunate that I have traveled with such a gentleman who I cannot see ..’

‘You see sir , I am blind , even if you stood bare in front of me and grimaced at me I wouldn’t know’

Mr. X’s jaw dropped .

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not bad! A fairly good suspense!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah .. thanks for da honest opinion ... PP ma'am

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    dear................have to sleep, will read it tomorrow and let u know my ...................
    Anbe Sivam

Post Thanks / Like
    chevy i read a story like this before, not sure when and where
    but u r story is quite good

let me guess............what made u write this.....
    ur own experience?
    Anbe Sivam

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy
    chevy i read a story like this before, not sure when and where
    but u r story is quite good

let me guess............what made u write this.....
    ur own experience?
    hi vasvi akka ..

though your guess is wrong it's vaguely close to the truth ..

i haven't had an experience when my dress tore in public
    no pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    no thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but the fact is that ...
    when i was in eighth or ninth grade , when ever i used to meet those guys with looks that really sweep you off the ground , i used to have this inferiority complex or some discomfort in communicating with them ... i used to keep fiddling with my side fringes or my fingers or something else. Some times , i used to even have a problem looking at that person in the eye while talking to them.

Ofcourse i ain't like that now, though at that age, i din't kno how to put down my feelings just like that lest some one read it !!
    So i put it as a story...

so i ve tried to explain the discomfort or how self conscious one gets.... so much so that they make things worse for themselves ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear not just u, i used to have the same inf. complex.............
    but nice story, keep writing
    Anbe Sivam

Post Thanks / Like
    cud u tell me some other heading for this .. i first named it as the torn shirt .. .
    and then bolt from the blue ..

any suggestions ?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Veil of Darkness?
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast