Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: why do we chant mantras?

Post Thanks / Like

why do we chant mantras?

wwhy do we chant mantras in , be it hindi , tamil, sanskit, etc. If we know the meaning in our mother tongue, then why not just chant the mantra in english ??? is there some importance in the actual language ????
    jai chandika amma

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mantras have effect on both body and mind. Sound (Acoustics) have been researched and found to have good and bad effect on health. Sound as Music is good and as noise is bad for health of mind and body.

Mantras are musical and have good effects on body and Mind.

Sanskrit have unique sound combination that have greater effects . My dear friends who read this should not be feel insulted because I said somethign great about one language. Every language has its own musical influence.

So even In English one could chant, but the effects will vary.

At begining stage we are aware of the body and mind effects only.

But at next level you will understand that this chanting helps you to keep you mind from wandering. Then in the final stage mantra chanting can help transcending.

When people do chanting with me , I tell them to be aware of the breath and the mantra patterns and in that way one is able to keep the mind in the present instead of wandering. This gives higher health benefits and spiritual benfits too.

Post Thanks / Like
    in the devi bagavatham i have read two instances where the divine shakti granted boons to devotees and also included that whoever uses this or that mantra , with their offerings , the blessing would be multiplied by a hundred. so i was wondering if the effect would be the same if the mantra was in another language??
    jai chandika amma

Post Thanks / Like
    by the way, i do love using mantras in their original languages (their sound is better and english is not as discriptive as other languages) but i have been asked this question by other devotees and am not sure as to the answer
    jai chandika amma

Post Thanks / Like
    The effect is not fully in the mantras, it is in the intention. Our thoughts are behind the actions. These mantras give us positive thoughts and feelings. These thoughts and feelings bring the desired results.

Not only in Devi Bagavatham, in all chants there is a phala-sruthi, which means the intended fruits that will be got by doing these chants. So when the intension is clear the results are obtained.

what is the best?. To get the musical effect and the results, do chanting by knowing meaning. Hope this is clear if not will give more explanation.

Post Thanks / Like
    why do we chant mantras?

Simply to divert your brain from thinking so that it becomes completely useless - i.e ignorant of the factual reality- like waves after waves of foreign invasions that resulted in utter destitute condition of the entire India and 100s of millions of Indians.

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to Truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
    - Buddha

Post Thanks / Like
    Rohit
    I know you are boiling inside because of the defeat you are undergoing and so you are following me wherever you can.

Foriegn invasion is because people misunderstood like you. Ahimsa is not to harm others but that does not meaqn to protect oneself. That is why in vedic tradition which talks about Ahimsa, can one class of people called Kshatriyas to defend the country. Their dharma was to protect the country.

People like you misunderstood everything and brought ignorance. India destroyed in weaponary science and that country which has fought mighty wars like Mahabharata could not stand even invasion of ants, because of ignorance.

A person like you who do not know anything about higher principles in life , can differentiate between Dharma and Ahimsa.

That is why Gita is a book to fight and not run like a coward like you. Gita teaches Ahimsa and Dharma at the same time.

When people like you were born In India , under the gimmicks of intelligence fed ignorance and thus India fell to foreign invasion.

India will arise and out of many thousands I am "One" to bring correct understanding to people. I am not bothered about parasites like you, who sucks blood (forum hub space) and spread germs of ignorance.

I do not hurt any one , but to protect ignorance and hatred being spread, I have to call you a spineless person who does not have the guts even to expose his personal identity. You are hiding yourself and call everyone names and stupid. If you have guts and is fearless then go and update your profile and expose yourself to the friends. Dont hide yourself like a coward.

Post Thanks / Like
    Please, please Pradheep, stop your Egocentric nonsense so that people can relate to your real posts.
    The current posts of yours reveals nothing but an Egocentric child adamant to have an lollipop before yielding to the facts.
    There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to Truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
    - Buddha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pradheep
    If you have guts and is fearless then go and update your profile and expose yourself to the friends.
    I am Rohit (Vishnu) and I always was Rohit (Vishnu) to those who knew me since my birth. Isn't that enough?
    - Buddha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pradheep
    That is why Gita is a book
    Derived from Buddha's (Buddha depicted as Krishna - the highest reality, the avtara of Vishnu) teachings of Karma, Maya (illusion) and four Nobel Truths, which the Emperor Ashoka, despite conquering the entire Bharat and far beyond; surrendered to Buddha. Was that a miracle? Not at all; but it was the result of right thoughts going into the right thinking mind, which you - the terribly confused Buddhist - the lowest parasite - definitely heven't got.
    - Buddha

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast