Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: India's challenges/opportunities in 2005

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

India's challenges/opportunities in 2005

What, you guys think, are the challenges/opportunities that India faces for the year 2005?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that the poppulation is surely one of huge challenges. Wonder how India can make that as a positive rather than a negative.
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think India should really start on a MEGA scale to attract the NRIs scatterred all over the world. Give more opportunities for Indian origins in business, industry and make it more appealing by offering PRs. The whole world has identified India as one of the few countries which are really expanding....so, this is the chance.. If we look at China, they are opening up like India, but, they give priority to Chinese origins. This is really attracting many Chinese living overseas..
    The next thing India should have is one or two common written language (like the Mandarin in China). This will unify everyone from all states.....guess this will really be a challenge. Having one common written language does not mean that you are a lesser Tamilian or Keralite or Maharastrian etc etc. One can still learn his own mother tongue but having a common language will unite people....
    Well... I guess the idea is silly...being a NRI, I am blind to all other pressing matters and challenges that India is facing or will face but I thought of just giving my 2cent's worth! Anyway, Happy New Year!

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Biggest Challenge - Cyber Law

I believe India should create a solid cyber crime and privacy laws. As our country is in the fastest growing countries list in terms of Information technology the laws are not written or redefined in accordance to the growth of it. This is going to be the one of the big challenge in 2005.

The recent example is arrest of the CEO of baazee.com. Which many of the US Companies including eBay, Yahoo Inc etc. watching closely and also worried about their outsourcing and partnership establishments in India.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NM
    The next thing India should have is one or two common written language (like the Mandarin in China). This will unify everyone from all states.....guess this will really be a challenge. Having one common written language does not mean that you are a lesser Tamilian or Keralite or Maharastrian etc etc. One can still learn his own mother tongue but having a common language will unite people....
    It is there. It's called Hindi

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ss.

hehewalrus ,
    Seriana comedy ....
    I personally think both south Indians and North indians should be more open minded towards the other .While teh SOuth Indians in general are good in techie ,Northes are good in management ,communication etc

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hehehewalrus
    Quote Originally Posted by NM
    It is there. It's called Hindi
    I was just about to say that....but you beat me to it Walrus!

SONU GOPI

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Razole, Razole taluqa, East Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh, India
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surya
    I think that the poppulation is surely one of huge challenges. Wonder how India can make that as a positive rather than a negative.
    Population will be very big challenge to states like UP, Bihar etc where there are large number of illiterates.
    If we have done nothing wrong, we need not fear about criticisms of any one.
    Praveen Kumar Mandangi
    http://geocities.com/praveenmandangi...enmandangi.jpg

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    population is a challenge not just for 2005. It is for the whole decade 2000 - 2010. By 2015 atleast that must be controlled.
    A more manageable challenge has already been put up by tsunami. It is disaster management. Gearing up the disaster management cells and emergy response teams along the lines of advanced nations is the more immediate challenge of this year. Forget ICBMs and fighter aircrafts, this will save more Rupees in building other capabilities further not to mention the number of human lives.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    //The next thing India should have is one or two common written language (like the Mandarin in China). This will unify everyone from all states.....guess this will really be a challenge. Having one common written language does not mean that you are a lesser Tamilian or Keralite or Maharastrian etc etc. One can still learn his own mother tongue but having a common language will unite people.... ///

Well...........welllllll.................. welllllllllllll..........

how??????????? WHY?????????

Why should we have common language??? We can manage with OUR OWN ENGLISH!! IF we need to communicate with northies THEN WE CAN LEARN COUPLE OF WORDS LIKE

"HINDI NAHI MALOOM" ETC...

Why should MARATH THAMIZHARGAl learn another language? esp when its imposed????

(p.s....I guess I am deaddddd today...for posting these....Good luck to MEEE)
    _____

Hope ppl are familiar with usage of 'Irony'. If not try reading the above, ...
    _____

Population can never be the newst problem in 2005. ITs always been a great problem, would always be in for atleast another decade or more.

In my view ...

2005 problem would be...

"Technological improvements and cultural shocks reflecting from the same "

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast