Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yuvan Shankar Raja's new film - "Billa" with Ajit

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vasanth2006
    I wish that this remake idea will be dropped.
    ur wish has already gone vain... the movie is confirmed...so r the songs

Lets not speculate too much with unwanted comments.... YSR gives his best for Selva , Vishnu ... so probably he should do justice.

Lets wait n watch... first let the album release ... we have 6-9months in hand for the audio to release

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The song My name is Billa is doing quite a round nowadays in Sun Music. Even though it was not spectacular, I doubt Ajith can re-create the magic Rajini created in this song.
    'யுவன் இன்றி ஓரணுவும் அசையாது!'

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJudge
    The song My name is Billa is doing quite a round nowadays in Sun Music. Even though it was not spectacular, I doubt Ajith can re-create the magic Rajini created in this song.
    Ajith fans are not like ARR fans.... .....seendi paarkaadha......
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    ur doubt will be cleared next deepavali

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber villan007's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dont thnk ysr can remix it well

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by villan007

i dont thnk ysr can remix it well
    Yeah, I too think so. The original song is popular only because of its tune and lyrical content but the backing instrumental parts are not that great. SPB carries and moves the whole song from bad to good. I don't think YSR has anyone like SPB to carry the song forward. Can karthik do this song and pull it off or will u1 go for SPB again?
    'யுவன் இன்றி ஓரணுவும் அசையாது!'

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Yeah, I too think so. The original song is popular only because of its tune and lyrical content but the backing instrumental parts are not that great. SPB carries and moves the whole song from bad to good. "

How can SPB carry the whole song from bad to good, if the tune itself is not good to begin with? I can see the HCIRF subjectivity here

MSV lovers will readily associate the MSV stamp with that number. The song was a hit due to a combination of good tune, good singing and good music throughout. No more no less

Post Thanks / Like
    My Name is billa was a hit then bcoz of the taste then... YSR knows the taste of music lovers now n will remix it to suit the newage well....

dont come to conclusions that no one can recreate that magic this magci bla bla...
    in the beginning everyone thought earth was flat.... did not one man find out its round?

Nothing is constant.... never say Ajith cant recreate Rajini's role... YSR cant remix effectively...

The issue is not redoing what rajini or MSV did.... its about simulating n recreating the story with modern elements in their own styles

these all shows how desperate people r to discredit others..pathetic..

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked Don equally for the stylishness as Amitabh's command and presence in the original. I guess Ajith can equally create the magic (with regards to stylishness of film making now-a-days, but still will lack the commanding presence no-matter-what as there will be nay-sayers). Comparing music is just kind of no-equivalance, coz SEL had good music with regards to Don, U1 will have a good resounding one for the new Billa. I am not trying to compare SEL to U1, but what I am trying to say is there will be a difference, difference is not bad!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicIsLife
    I liked Don equally for the stylishness as Amitabh's command and presence in the original. I guess Ajith can equally create the magic (with regards to stylishness of film making now-a-days, but still will lack the commanding presence no-matter-what as there will be nay-sayers). Comparing music is just kind of no-equivalance, coz SEL had good music with regards to Don, U1 will have a good resounding one for the new Billa. I am not trying to compare SEL to U1, but what I am trying to say is there will be a difference, difference is not bad!!.
    yes it will lack bcoz ajith is 5'10/11" and amitabh is 6'2/3" Pathetic

My previous post is the answer to all speculations by "cinema geniuses"

If anyone wants to discuss about the hero come to tamil cinema thread n dont discuss here please....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast