View Poll Results: Which movie experience do u prefer?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mutliplexes, with high quality and high ticket rates

6 60.00%
  • Local theatres, with banners, paper cuttings etc...

4 40.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Booming Multiplex Culture in Tamil Cinema

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guys !
    Multiplex culture is one of the STUPID cultures I have ever seen especially after seeing some movies in PVR !

It revolves around teen age poppers and Peter guys and girls and others who see movies just for the sake of it without knowing anything more ! and ofcourse disturbing the audience as well. This will make movies like VAllavan as big hits and that is for sure !

Plus - I am not sure about other parts. But AS LONG AS, even software guys like me die to see FDFS in theatres like SRI BALAJI (multiple times), sivakasi theaters etc I don't think MULTIPLEXES will get major share and profit as these theatres enjoy with small amount !

One advantage is with Multiplexes - A movie like C U @ 9 can be declared as A HIT IN CHENNAI just with the amount in earned in a Multiplex forgetting Madurai, Kavai, Theni, Kambam, Aandi patti etc
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    FDFS - Multpiplex-ai midhippom
    Sittudan Selvadhendral madhippom!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alwarpet_andavan
    [/b]

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    Hey Guys !
    Multiplex culture is one of the STUPID cultures I have ever seen especially after seeing some movies in PVR !

It revolves around teen age poppers and Peter guys and girls and others who see movies just for the sake of it without knowing anything more ! and ofcourse disturbing the audience as well. This will make movies like VAllavan as big hits and that is for sure !

Plus - I am not sure about other parts. But AS LONG AS, even software guys like me die to see FDFS in theatres like SRI BALAJI (multiple times), sivakasi theaters etc I don't think MULTIPLEXES will get major share and profit as these theatres enjoy with small amount !

One advantage is with Multiplexes - A movie like C U @ 9 can be declared as A HIT IN CHENNAI just with the amount in earned in a Multiplex forgetting Madurai, Kavai, Theni, Kambam, Aandi patti etc
    u cant generalise... i do agree that movies like vallavan will earn more.. but let it be... u will always have a negative side for anything...

i saw VV 11 times in theatre, but only twice in a multiplex like sathyam....

Senior Member Senior Hubber kannannn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    But there is another side to the coin. Quality films made by small producers usually don't find place in big theaters. OTOH, multiplexes offer a platform to screen such films. Theatres like Satyam regularly screen world class movies that lovers of serious cinema might otherwise miss out. Kasaravalli's 'Hasina' was premiered in Chennai last year. And I was told that it received a standing ovation. It must have been a proud moment for him, when his movies are not even available on DVD's today inspite of winning several awards. I am sure a lot more people would appreciate films like Veedu if they were to be made today, all thanks to Multiplexes.
    "Why do we need filmmaking equipment?"
    "Because, Marcel, my sweet, we're going to make a film. Just for the Nazis."

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adding to Kannan's point, movies like Anbe Sivam did well atleast in multiplex like Satyam - generally i share Selva's views about the Peter class and like the incomparable Kamal fan Jeeva says "Naradhagana Sabha-Lion's Club-Water Bottle" crowd, but indha madhiri movies a pakkarudhukku podhuva avanga iruppanga

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes enaku kooda varalaru sathyam paakumbodhu oru thrille ila

Kaasiku pona semma sound galata supera irundhichu :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Adding to Kannan's point, movies like Anbe Sivam did well atleast in multiplex like Satyam - generally i share Selva's views about the Peter class and like the incomparable Kamal fan Jeeva says "Naradhagana Sabha-Lion's Club-Water Bottle" crowd, but indha madhiri movies a pakkarudhukku podhuva avanga iruppanga
    yeah ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bulb_mani
    Yes enaku kooda varalaru sathyam paakumbodhu oru thrille ila
    Kaasiku pona semma sound galata supera irundhichu :P
    I haven't yet seen FDFS in Kasi ! since I spend most of the FDFS in Sivakasi. Let me see in future I can see any Thala movie there

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast