Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reduction in ticket prices - Advantage/Disadvantage

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rachel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel
    i don't understand ticket price theory...and i'm not going to read these posts..
    Rachel,
    Ticket prices in TN theaters have been reduced drastically with the new govt law. Based on this, the tickets which were sold at Rs.100 and Rs.200 can now be sold at Rs.50/- (max) only. The minimum ticket price (villages) has been fixed at Rs.5/-

With this, they hope that people will come to theatres since the price is less. They are analysing the disadvantages and advantages with this
    Hope it is clear for u now
    it's clear now... all i care is that aalwar beats pokiri

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    i don't understand ticket price theory...and i'm not going to read these posts..
    Rachel,
    Ticket prices in TN theaters have been reduced drastically with the new govt law. Based on this, the tickets which were sold at Rs.100 and Rs.200 can now be sold at Rs.50/- (max) only. The minimum ticket price (villages) has been fixed at Rs.5/-

With this, they hope that people will come to theatres since the price is less. They are analysing the disadvantages and advantages with this
    Hope it is clear for u now
    it's clear now... all i care is that aalwar beats pokiri
    Rachel U rock

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rachel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i rock... i don't rock

Post Thanks / Like
    Both sathyam & mayajaal - ippove eera thuniya ready pannikittanga.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber villan007's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ArulprakasH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinefan
    If the new rates are effected,then Mayajal will have have to sell tickets at Rs 15/-.At those rates it cannot sustain.Check out Sify for more on this.

I doubt if PVR,INOX,IMAX will want to come to TN if they are forced to sell at such low rates.

When Ajay Bijli launched PVR Anupam (with four screens) in New Delhi's upmarket Saket in 1997, he was triggering off a pop culture revolution in India. He provided cine-goers a wholesome new experience, a trend starting of with just four screens. At present Bijli has 76 screens spread across Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru Bangalore and Hyderabad.

By June 2007, he would have crossed the magic figure of 100 screens when he opens the swanky x 7 seven-screen PVR Ampa centre at Ampa Centre One Mall at the junction of Nelson Manickam-Poonamalee high road in Chennai.

Much before PVR set foot in Chennai, But before PVR arrives in Chennai, the four-screen Inox at Citi Centre Mall in Radhakrishna Salai is due to open by Pongal 2007. And by 2010, Chennai and its suburbs are poised for a multiplex explosion as nearly 100 new screens are likely to be added to the existing ones. screens! 9Ithu nadakkuma!!!)

Meanwhile, 15 to 20 new malls are coming up in Chennai, in areas like- Egmore, Kilpauk, Woods road, Poonamalee High Road (3), 100 feet road, Vadapalani-Saligramam (3), Mint, OMR, ECR, and the suburbs.

All major players in the multiplex business like PVR, Inox, Adlabs, Shringar and Sathyam want a piece of the cake.

The six-screen Mayajaal on ECR, which says it is the first multiplex in the south, is now in the process of adding three more screens. by next summer.
    says Udeep.B, CEO Mayajaal entertainment: "I think one of the best collecting multiplex outside Chennai is our complex. Now we are adding more screens including a state-of-the-art 54-seater luxurious all gold class designer screen, where corporates and individuals can hold shows of films of their choice. It will be the first ‘movie-on-demand' theatre."

original article is here...

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2006/12/15/s...1500730100.htm
    முதல் அடியில் நடுங்க வேண்டும்.. மறு அடியில் அடங்க வேண்டும்.. மீண்டு வந்தால் மீண்டும் அடி.. மறுபடி மரண அடி!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smith
    Both sathyam & mayajaal - ippove eera thuniya ready pannikittanga.
    May be they will introduce entrance ticket to get inside the multiplex.
    முதல் அடியில் நடுங்க வேண்டும்.. மறு அடியில் அடங்க வேண்டும்.. மீண்டு வந்தால் மீண்டும் அடி.. மறுபடி மரண அடி!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt if this plan will work as even at 50/-,a family of four will shell out Rs 200/- for ticket prices,another 100 for travel&maybe another 100/- for eatables-Total cost: Rs 400/-( much higher than VCD/DVD rentals)
    Rentukku CD kodukirathu illa.. they hav been sold... New movies cost 50rs and old movies 30-40rs.

Senior Member Regular Hubber Ulaganayagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArulprakasH
    I doubt if this plan will work as even at 50/-,a family of four will shell out Rs 200/- for ticket prices,another 100 for travel&maybe another 100/- for eatables-Total cost: Rs 400/-( much higher than VCD/DVD rentals)
    Rentukku CD kodukirathu illa.. they hav been sold... New movies cost 50rs and old movies 30-40rs.
    Konjam costly machi

Post Thanks / Like
    Enna seiya.. theatrela ticket rates kuraicha maathiri ithaiyum avanga kuraikka munn varalam...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast