Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Reduction in ticket prices - Advantage/Disadvantage

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shivaji movie is going to be the MOST affected 1 out of this act... but i think the technic is, when a ticket cost lets say around Rs 20, and the indivitual gets excited and watches the movie around 10 times thinkin that the ticket is ONLY Rs 20, it somehow doesnt affect much... wut u guys say?!!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinesh2002
    Shivaji movie is going to be the MOST affected 1 out of this act... but i think the technic is, when a ticket cost lets say around Rs 20, and the indivitual gets excited and watches the movie around 10 times thinkin that the ticket is ONLY Rs 20, it somehow doesnt affect much... wut u guys say?!!
    how many ppl. will watch a movie 10 times??? .....esp if it bcomes like Boys?? ......u r right, Shivaji is the most affected in this.....

TM, ok abt Rajini/Kamal but wat abt Ajith/Vijay?? its certainly not a good rule.....i'm worried that Multiplexes wont come to chennai bcos of this rule which will hugely affect Globalisation process in the city and infact it will tilt the IT equation for entire south india......cos Chennai is seen as a good alternative to B'lore, and trust me all these policy makers of big companies do look at city's facilities before shifting there.....they wud look upon chennai as a village if they dont find a multiplex there......i know its far fetched thinking but its pretty much posssible.....

i dunno y govt is after cinema only??? arent there other issues??? Tsunami rehabilitation is still unfinished and there are thousands of other issues to develop the state......mannn, this is nuthing short of dictatorship.......
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ArulprakasH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Black tickets pulakkam athikam aagidum. Even theatre people will sell the tickets in black.
    முதல் அடியில் நடுங்க வேண்டும்.. மறு அடியில் அடங்க வேண்டும்.. மீண்டு வந்தால் மீண்டும் அடி.. மறுபடி மரண அடி!!!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ArulprakasH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hotels la irukkira maathiri STAR grading system CINEMA HALL's kku intorduce panna vendum. Ticket rates THEATRE oda STAR statusa poruthu fix pannikalam. Intha idea eppadi..
    முதல் அடியில் நடுங்க வேண்டும்.. மறு அடியில் அடங்க வேண்டும்.. மீண்டு வந்தால் மீண்டும் அடி.. மறுபடி மரண அடி!!!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes u r right........normally shankars movies have a big budget production cost easily around 30-35 crores and u have rajinikanth as the hero here and his salary is supposed to be the biggest in india (atleast) ..........
    Kooti kalichu paatha padathoda selavu atleast 50-60 kodi irukum....... ....so 1 by 2 , 2by 3 3 by 2 ........kanakku engeyo idikuthey..... romba kashtam with the new ticket pricing method........
    Quote Originally Posted by dinesh2002

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reduction in ticket prices - Advantage/Disadvantage

Quote Originally Posted by Thirumaran
    what are the advantages and disadvantage?
    My feeling is that it is going to hurt big budget movies> I dont think it is going to control "illegal vcds".

I really dont understand MK's intention here?

If you aske me he could have implemented "both changes" he did lately SIMULTANEOUSLY.

I feel like, he is doing it like,

"thottilaiyum aattivittuk koNdu piLLaiyaiyum kiLLuvathu pOla"

BTW, Cost of living is going up every day. he can only stop where it stays now and he should not CUT IT DOWN, imho!
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Senior Hubber Movie Cop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reduction in ticket prices - Advantage/Disadvantage

Quote Originally Posted by Thirumaran
    what are the advantages and disadvantage?
    Should there even be a argument like advantage & disadvantage for this stuff? The answer is pretty obvious - This is an advantage for the people who pay (or rather waste) their money for watching predominantly trash can movies...
    Tell me honestly - who would like to spend Rs.75 or Rs.100 for a Manmadhan or a Dharamapuri or a Tirupathi or a Sivakasi? At the same time it hurts no body to watch a movie like VV or PP or Veyil for Rs. 25 or Rs.50...
    Another advantage is it will force the producers to make quality movies with lesser budget instead of paying salary in crores for some currently overrated/overhyped "buildup" heroes. It will also force the directors explore the option of Ambasamudram instead of Amsterdam to shoot a lousy dream/duet song!

Moderator Diamond Hubber Thirumaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY

TM, ok abt Rajini/Kamal but wat abt Ajith/Vijay?? its certainly not a good rule.....
    I had only said for Rajini and Kamal movies it wont matter because of their market reach outside TN. Also add Shankar to that list in directors. That too if their movies are good enough. ! Otherwise I had not said yet my general opinion

In general, for cine people disadvantages are more than advantages.

Detailed opinion later

Moderator Diamond Hubber Thirumaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure how many will implement this rule seriously. After all there are thousands of rules in india and none of them is followed by everyone

Considering many will implement the rule and it continues, there is one big disadvantage personally for me/ Kamal fans is that Marudanayagam will never be made

Post Thanks / Like
    It will def be an advantage for film goers. Also, it will pull away the women from TV serails, atleast partially. It will force the producers to produce good, low budget films. It will also bring down the astronomical salaries to stars (many of whom who do not deserve it).

As for maruthanyagam - it has no beraing on thi issue. It will anyway never be made. That is a challenge.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast