Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Album of the week

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkster
    Yeah..ARR seems to be on the IR style...giving hit albums..experimental and refreshing one after another and once they have become established forces and more into international music their output is reduced to two or three hit songs per album or the odd hit album....hopefully ARR does not fall into the global trap and focus more on significant albums and less on certain ones like IR did even though their output and quality is as fresh as ever
    ARR on IR style??? no way......ARR is always unique and will stay so.......thats y we like him, if he had bbeen like IR he wud have bcome another deva only..........the sluggish tunes/rythms that u see now are a sign of maturity.....he wants to xperiment........how long can he churn muqablas and mustafas??? its like Sachin who has stopped playing like wat he was in 90's.....

Mangta hai kya - Shwetha shetty and ARRahman - it was probably the first ARR hindi song..... .......with catchy rythms and interesting interludes, this song was a immediate crowd puller.......the first interlude has a african touch supported by pretty good beats.....a feel good song which had sounds of Ramu as well........wish ARR works with Ramu again.....
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mangta Hai Kya....

I think this song was way ahead of its times... the arrangement .. voice .. mixing. .. broke all conventions....
    Its only an irony that the success of this song was masked by the enitre album of superlatives...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hulkster... ARR was never on IR's way... infact, ARR is creating a new path & an eye opener for all the current MD with his Pray For Me Brother .....

and def he isnt on IR's path when it comes to music.... if not... he would be just like another Deva for IR .... ....

about Rangeela... goodness...the effect of Rangeela in Hindi Film Industry is phenomenal !! the best i loved was Kadhale..... Ennai Seithayo....Yen Kangalil....Pugunde Kondaiyo... excellent love melody.... aahh... wut about Hai Rama... ?? excellent arrangments of loops & instruments used .... remember how it was aped by Deva in Hello movie [Intha Nimisham]... and the anthem of India - Rangeela Re.... ....
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hulk anna ARR and IR completely different styles

ARR brought in new music wid singers.........ARR brought the drums da beats da passion

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yen arumaiyaana nanbargaley..IR style does not mean IR style of music..it means he is treading the similar path of IR where IR used to gave hit albums one after another during his peak but once global stage came calling he focussed on some albums and gave hit songs(one or two) in another...misunderstanding pa misunderstanding :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Yen arumaiyaana nanbargaley..IR style does not mean IR style of music..it means he is treading the similar path of IR where IR used to gave hit albums one after another during his peak but once global stage came calling he focussed on some albums and gave hit songs(one or two) in another...misunderstanding pa misunderstanding :P
    i think this factor is more of " the cycle of time " .... history repeats :P
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Senior Hubber rayan36's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't know at first that Rangeela was a Hindi movie It's really took a few months to know that............IMO this is one of the best Hindi to Tamil transition ever, be it the lyrics or the choice of singers absolutely perfect,one of my ever top ten songs is Kya Kare/Kamban Shelly & Haiyaiyo, both songs are very very rare in Tamil, if I played now someone will ask me is it a new song SPB 'n Udit's voice perfectly match the music

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinesh2002
    i think this factor is more of " the cycle of time " .... history repeats :P
    In that case is another talent coming to break ARR?..well even if he comes he wunt break ARR as ARR is already a global icon...the same when ARR broke IR when IR moved on to symphony and instrumental albums...its a recurring process as u said :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Rangeela..if i am not wrong this was ARR's first with Ram Gopal Varma and also first in hindi. Fantastic tunes with a deep longingness of romance displayed in the songs which probably reflected on the movie in which aamir only gets urmila at the end. Somehow the songs did not propel ARR to the heights he is now in HFM then . Before this film came ARR's pudhiya mugam which highlighted his penchant for mixing the situation's atmosphere within the tunes of his songs which really made him unique. :P Same bodes here as well. If RGV's picturisation was better the songs would really have been a blockbuster on screen.

Post Thanks / Like
    yup Hulkster... agreed with both ur post above...

but i think Rangeela's BLOCKBUSTER HIT status was satisfying... i mean...gosh...the amount of times the songs was beein played around...though i was young that time...i still can remember its effect... and also Kadhalan's effect... one of ARR's greatest time in his career....

Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast