View Poll Results: Do u think tamil films these days have nothing new and are repititive?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 58.33%
  • No

3 25.00%
  • Dunno....

2 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting things you would like to see in Tamil Cinema

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    copy pannaama pudhusaa vandhadhu E :P
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber Kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    One movie that got my attention was Maha Nadigan. This movie was brave enough to reflect on itself- with all the dirty laundry and absurdities.

Also, has anyone seen Kung Fu Hustle? This Hong Kong movie was a great comedy, with slick special effects and awesome martial arts. I'm still waiting for a well produced Indian martial arts focused film (preferably Tamil).

Senior Member Devoted Hubber girishk14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets see..my selection of recent newly approached movies are:

Raam: Suspense Murder Thriller

Dishoom: Gentle love story with no obscenity

E: A scientific topic picturised in a very tamilian and understandable way. It was a movie that even a villager could understand without problems.

Veyyil: Awesome new story!

Thiruttu Payalae: A daring and interesting venture of susi ganesan with a totally different story with many climaxes

Emtan Magan: A new appraoch to a family topic. However, i felt this was a slight adaptation from Mega serials.

Please do not bash me coz i mentioned all the jeeva movies here. Other recent movies i liked were Varalaaru, CM, Anniyan, Ghajini, Thambi and Pattiyal. However, i felt these movies were mostly same stories repeated again or they were copied from Hollywood movies
    Yetho Ninaikirean song from Thalainagaram is number 1 in Singapore this year

Post Thanks / Like
    Nasser comes n tells Kamal that he might be an influential person but for him to perform his duty kamal needs to control the public.... Kamal accepts.... Nasser tells Kamal that je might even be hanged to death...

Kamal with tears in his eyes n unbeatable bodylanguage n facial expressions says -- " Ayya naan 8 vayasuliye sethu poiruka vendiyadhu".... terrific.... withing 30 seconds of 1 line dialogue n expressions he told a story of a misguided youth n shattered life of an old man

We need stories n scripts that can give scope for performance like that

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by girishk14

DISHOOM: Gentle love story with no obscenity

E: A scientific topic picturised in a very tamilian and understandable way. It was a movie that even a villager could understand without problems.

Thiruttu Payalae: A daring and interesting venture of susi ganesan with a totally different story with many climaxes

Emtan Magan: A new appraoch to a family topic. However, i felt this was a slight adaptation from Mega serials.

Please do not bash me coz i mentioned all the jeeva movies here. Other recent movies i liked were Varalaaru, CM, Anniyan, Ghajini, Thambi and Pattiyal. However, i felt these movies were mostly same stories repeated again or they were copied from Hollywood movies

Raam : PITHAMAGAN N NANDA

Dishoom : On the lines of PAMMAL K SAMANDHAM

E : Accepted new theme but scenes was like any other film.

Veyyil: Autograph , Azhagi touches ellam nichiyama iruku.

Thiruttu Payalae : Derailed reversed

Emtan Magan : Very very old story n mega serial touch ladies watched a mega serial in theatre so it ran well

I oppose ur views

Post Thanks / Like
    If u think stories r repetitive.... all of our lives r repetitive too...

May be we can be creative n result of creativitiy is only those superman fights... if u want real life stories its a joke man.

Even engineering students' projects r rehashed n repeated many times.... how about movies

Senior Member Devoted Hubber girishk14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by osama_sword
    Quote Originally Posted by girishk14

DISHOOM: Gentle love story with no obscenity

Raam : PITHAMAGAN N NANDA

Dishoom : On the lines of PAMMAL K SAMANDHAM

E : Accepted new theme but scenes was like any other film.

Veyyil: Autograph , Azhagi touches ellam nichiyama iruku.

Thiruttu Payalae : Derailed reversed

Emtan Magan : Very very old story n mega serial touch ladies watched a mega serial in theatre so it ran well

I oppose ur views
    well. Osama u oppose my views and i strongly oppose yours. Raam had nothing to do with Pithamagan and Nanda. It may be a bit similar to Nanda but it had perfectly no relation to Pithamagan. It was a totally new concept. i cant belive u are comparing Dishoom PKS. PKS has nothing to do with Dishoom! they are totally different concepts. E had a new theme and u cannot accuse the screenplay. Unless it had that kind of screenplay, many ppl wouldnt have understood the movie. Veyil is also a different story and u cant say that it is similar to other movies. I agree with u about TP and EM MAGAN!
    Yetho Ninaikirean song from Thalainagaram is number 1 in Singapore this year

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12