Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Inspiration or Copy?

Post Thanks / Like
    examla than copy adicha punishment...anna cinemala..

utter copy adichutu hitunu soldranuga

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    aama.. english paper paathu tamil paperla copy adicha fail

aana english padatha paathu tamil padathula copy adicha oscar-ku pogavendiya padam (ada angirunthu thaana vanthuchi )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kb

aana english padatha paathu tamil padathula copy adicha oscar-ku pogavendiya padam (ada angirunthu thaana vanthuchi )
    annaathaa..andha engileesh karanoda pOti potu avane 100 padathula onnaa select pandran...inspiration nu othukuran!

Post Thanks / Like

Ivanga Panna Inspiration. Naanga Panna copy. Nangalavadhu remkate rights vangittu than panroam.
    Start where you stand.Never mind the past,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdy

Ivanga Panna Inspiration. Naanga Panna copy. Nangalavadhu remkate rights vangittu than panroam.
    adhuku naan adicha replyku badhil pannu kannaa...instead of jalra

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ellarume thirudanggattan. There is a thin blur line between getting inspired and copying.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Ellarume thirudanggattan. There is a thin blur line between getting inspired and copying.
    like "pudhiya paravai" uruvified from "following the crooked shadow"?

if uruvified why does times magazine recognise nayagan?...

if u say inspiration and copying has thin line..."pather panchali" is inspired from a western drama....is sathyajitray a thirudan

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thimuru

if u say inspiration and copying has thin line..."pather panchali" is inspired from a western drama....is sathyajitray a thirudan
    Maybe I was wrong. But as long as you credit the original, then it's okay. That is the point of remakes, you credit the original guy and your do your version.

The digression I have with Nayagan is that he took scenes from other movie. Athan en manasu thaanggala. And not credited. I like mani, and I am crazy about Kamal, but both have taken and not credited the original source. That is copying.

Now, inspiration would something that is taken and is further improvised. Remember, the climax of MMKR? It was taken from one Chaplin movie. Same house, same edge of the hill, but Kamal added a whole bunch of crowd, himself in four roles and had hell of a time. that is inspiration.

But you are right, I won't call it thin blur line. But the line is quite thin.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I was wrong. But as long as you credit the original, then it's okay. That is the point of remakes, you credit the original guy and your do your version.

The digression I have with Nayagan is that he took scenes from other movie. Athan en manasu thaanggala. And not credited. I like mani, and I am crazy about Kamal, but both have taken and not credited the original source. That is copying.

Now, inspiration would something that is taken and is further improvised. Remember, the climax of MMKR? It was taken from one Chaplin movie. Same house, same edge of the hill, but Kamal added a whole bunch of crowd, himself in four roles and had hell of a time. that is inspiration.

But you are right, I won't call it thin blur line. But the line is quite thin.
    which scene in nayagan??? id like to know!because i have seen both movies and i know u point to some silly scenes like killing in the car etc

will u elabarate in kamals favourite scene thread plz sir

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry to say this Vikki. But I think u mistunderstood what "groucho" said. He said there is only minimal difference between getting inspired and copying.

He didn't refer to anyone in particular. He referred to the word "Inspiration " being used by many to hide their copying, I think.

btw, Only Nayagan got recognition in the magazine. Right ? I have nothing against this as long as it enriches tamil cinema.

But anyway mistake is a mistake. Be it inspiration or copying.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast