Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Inspiration or Copy?

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    Agreed NOV ! Vattaaram is one of the best movies that got released in the year 2006.

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewt...=795300#795300
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    `Dasavatharam` update- Kamal clarifies!
    By Moviebuzz | Sunday, 21 January , 2007, 13:19
    The Madras High Court has restrained Kamal Hassan and Producer Oscar Ravichandran from releasing Dasavatharam for four weeks. The orders were passed on a civil suit filed by Senthil Kumar of Tambaram.

In his suit, Senthil Kumar has submitted that he had written a story under the title “Ardhanari alias clones”. He thought Kamal would be ideal to play the role. So he visited the actor’s office and was asked to leave a copy of the story for the actor’s perusal.

Senthil‘s demand was that if his story was accepted, he has to be appointed as the assistant director and also be paid a lump sum amount. However he was shocked to find that the same story was adopted as Dasavatharam!

When contacted Kamal Hassan said: “I have many useful things to do, other than replying to such wild allegations. Right now I’m concentrating fully on Dasavatharam>, which is shaping out well.”

Senior Member Regular Hubber Ulaganayagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    SS: Very good post

floyd, are you A_A in disguise

Can u explain whats so good about that post..

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah we have all the technology these days. Forget Vikram, even Ramarajan and Ganja Karuppu can use those to come in various "getups". Surely, what Kamal does is no big deal. Childs play. Avvai Shanmugi can be done even by high school students in fancy dress competitions. Everyone can modulate voice, change pitch, convey subtleties with the eys, adjust body language, the way the fingers touch the door. Even Prashant played a woman. Of course, Prashanth = Kamal. Piece of cake.
    Anyone can wear an old man make up like Indian thatha. Again body language, everything is peanuts. What? Kadal Meengal-a? Salangai Oli-a? Nonsense! They had Michael Westmore for that also. And yes, the NT fans here are correct. Getup pottavanga ellam act pannalaam.
    Technology is so improved these days. Software Engineers shouldn't be paid. The computer should be paid. Imagine those poor humans back then in the days without computer
    Technology is automatic. It can by itself make even Kamal act. Effortless.

Vaazhga jananayagam

Post Thanks / Like
    ivaLO periya post-la neenga naan quote pannina first sentance pathi pEsavE illai. That probably is the most important point.
    If only you care to read my post, i have acknowledged that twice in the last few pages. Here it is, Kamal is an inspired maker - whether everyone agrees and appreciates what it is notwithstanding. Comparison with Sivaji in this aspect is meaningless. OK va?

Andha pombaLa vEsham, subtleties ellAm robin williams pannalEnu sollunga paappOm. The thing is KH has a lot of people to inspire from. Shivaji had none and that speaks volumes on his acting
    Come on, playing a woman is an age old thing in the world of "stage". Infact, Kamal got this idea from Mr.Avvai Shanmugam only, his stage guru. Sivaji-ku influence-e illa nu solradhu too much. How does it matter if Robin Williams had done it or Mr.Sodala Muthu had already done it. How does that take away Kamal's performance? Ennammo oru periya kutham madhiri pesareengale? Appadi paatha, Kamal innikki evalavu perukku inspiration? So, can every other actor do it with ease? That's what you all seem to be implying. Panna sollunga paappom yaravadhu?
    Don't tell me Robin William's and Hoffman's performances were better than Kamal's!!!
    He deserves a lot more but atleast give some credit guys. Please don't make another mistake. Bharathi is example enough.

And Nerd, going by your logic, somebody had already played a woman, before Kamal did. Fine. So, do you mean to say, all of Sivaji's role were so unique that nobody in this planet had ever done those roles before? Nobody has played a father, son, freedom fighter, murderer, etc???? Ennanga idhu aniyayama irukku?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whether it's INSPIRATION or COPY, isnt it just bringing good movies to Tamil? Why do we need to think it's derogatory in the first place? And most importantly, how did this turn out to become a SIVAJI vs KAMAL thread anyways?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    panninA mattum, neenga apdiyE appreciate panni, thalaila thUkki vechu aada pORingaLA? vikram/surya/maddy nallA nadichA udanE they are still miles behind KH-nu solradhu. Yes they are, but their performances in some movies, match KH's in some of his movies (good ones that is). Idha neenga accept panna pORathilla, no one can better KH is what you guys have in your mind. You guys are doing the same thing, what shivaji fans are doing: No one can better shivaji
    Did you copy this from my LEGACY thread? :P

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    thinkfloyd:

I dont think you can go defend inspirations and copies just because you have lots of respect for Kh.

Appadi paatha, Kamal innikki evalavu perukku inspiration? ?
    Inspiration for what?

Inspiring from hollywood films? Yeah, now so many has learnt from Kh, how to inspire from hollywood movie and bring pudhumai to Tamil Cinema

thinkfloyd: Think floyd!
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a bad feeling about this thread's future directions.!
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Senior Hubber kannannn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thinkfloyd is right about Kamal's original inspiration for Avvai Shanmugi. In Kamal's words:
    "It was like looking at the other side of a chromosome. The crucial thing was the choice of the actor and the age of the character. The age of the woman was crucial to eliminate vulgarity and to keep out elements of homosexuality. I had thought of the film before Mrs. Doubtfire, though the idea crystallised after I saw Mrs. Doubtfire.

Everybody thinks that Avvai Shanmughi was based on Mrs Doubtfire. But its genesis goes back several years. Avvai Shanmugham was my guru’s name. He had done a perfect enactment of a poetess on stage. So, the late S S Vasan wanted to cast him as a woman in Avayyar. But somehow things didn’t work out and he cast K B Sunderammal. I got the idea from there. I wanted to play a woman, but not a young woman because it could lead to lewdness."

http://www.screenindia.com/dec19/cover2.htm
    "Why do we need filmmaking equipment?"
    "Because, Marcel, my sweet, we're going to make a film. Just for the Nazis."

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast