View Poll Results: Does an actor's real-life personality or personal life impact his status as a STAR?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES it does, because relate to your off-screen character when they see you on screen...

14 66.67%
  • NO it doesnt, because ppl only see the character on-screen, and not your personality off-screen...

7 33.33%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DOES AN ACTOR'S REAL-LIFE CHARACTER IMPACT HIS MOVIE CAREER?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

DOES AN ACTOR'S REAL-LIFE CHARACTER IMPACT HIS MOVIE CAREER?

Guys, it's interesting, how I ended up creating this thread ... We were just talkin abt VJ's interview with Asin, Trisha, and all that in the VJ thread, and there were discussions around how VJ was being cautious in saying some things because he doesnt want to burn bridges or get caught in the media ...

Now this is just one example ... But there are so many other examples like how actors portraying a false identity to the media, just cos they dont waana get into trouble, or lose the good-will of their fans and lose their image ... Or how they dont want to get involved in CERTAIN activities just cos they will be trapped in the future ....

Now the question I have is, is it really a factor that would affect a star's career ... Will the star's movie-run at the BO be impacted because he's a JERK ... Are ppl even thinkin abt how bad the actor is in real life when they see him rocking on screen with a stellar performance ... Or will the public deny watching a star's movie because he has multiple affairs or divorces goin on in his personal life ...

For me, it doesnt make any sense for any actor to even try to be good in front of the media or public ... He could just lead his own life the way he wants to, just like any of us ... Unless the actor has political aspirations or wants to do something beyond movies, or whatever .... :P

If you notice (not to degrade any legend), even ppl like MGR, Sivaji, Rajini, Kamal all had their own shares of personal lives in their young ages ... Now did that affect their careers in any way ... NO!

So the purpose of this thread is for all of you to vote and maybe substantiate if all the GOOD-HUMAN aspirations are really necessary for an actor to be successful!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Kollywoodfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    bay, this can only end in tears...please do not add fuel to the fire
    Condolences to family/friends of Heath Ledger: a rising star, whose life was tragically cut short

Post Thanks / Like
    Kolly, trust me, it has NOTHING to do with Vijay! I'm surprised you dint understand that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by m_23_bayarea
    Kolly, trust me, it has NOTHING to do with Vijay! I'm surprised you dint understand that!
    I do understand...but I think you're definitely smart enough to know how this will end up... despite ur noble intentions
    Condolences to family/friends of Heath Ledger: a rising star, whose life was tragically cut short

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kollywoodfan
    I do understand...but I think you're definitely smart enough to know how this will end up... despite ur noble intentions
    I know what you mean ... This thread is to NOT talk abt actors' personal lives or STUFF, but just for ppl to discuss if it's really a factor even if the actors are involved in non-admirable stuff in their own personal lives!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Common bay.. If someone says YES, they have to cite examples. That means digging into the personal life of an actor/actress

Post Thanks / Like
    There you go NERD! So digging into an actor's personal life is inappropriate right? :P

Then why do actors have to portray themselves to be good in the media ... There is some sense of ARTIFICIALITY and FAKENESS involved ... That's what I dont see makin any sense!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There you go NERD! So digging into an actor's personal life is inappropriate right? :P
    Yes. Its inappropriate as far as THIS forum is concerned. Now I think you catch my point

Post Thanks / Like
    And one more thing that cracks me up is when ppl say,

"What has he done for the people?"

Come on, what has he got to do to the people ... Maybe we should be redirecting that question to some politician or leader, than to some actor!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Yes. Its inappropriate as far as THIS forum is concerned. Now I think you catch my point
    bay, this can only end in tears...after that it's up to u

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast