View Poll Results: Who is CURRENTLY the BEST comedian in Tamil movies?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vivek

8 32.00%
  • Vadivelu

9 36.00%
  • Santhanam

6 24.00%
  • Someone Else

2 8.00%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BEST COMEDIAN

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, goundamani is loud, uncouth and pure slapstick. The 80s sucked as far as comedians were concerned, with every movie having the goundamani-senthil duo.

I prefer subtle and witty humour from the likes of NSK, Cho and Vivek.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chandra Babu
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    IMO, goundamani is loud, uncouth and pure slapstick. The 80s sucked as far as comedians were concerned, with every movie having the goundamani-senthil duo.

I prefer subtle and witty humour from the likes of NSK, Cho and Vivek.
    ok, ok this sounds snobbish.

I do enjoy slapstick too, gounds and vadivelu included, but not on a regular basis.

Mozhi is a good example of humour without any regular comedians.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOV,
    You didn't even mentioned Nagesh
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    You didn't even mentioned Nagesh
    sorry Joe, I didnt want to limit myself.

Not only Nagesh, there are too many good comedians from Thangavelu, Balaiah, SV Sekhar, Manivannan etc

of course there have been loud ones such as VK Ramasamy, Thengai Srinivasan and some real unfunny ones like YG Mahendran, MRR Vasu and some obscene ones like SS Chandran Vennira Aadai Moorthy, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gounder excelled in slapstick too. But to remember him only for the kicks would be missing his point altogether. The signature kick reflected an attitude of irreverence that lifted his comedy to a new level. It is always going to be deifficult to compare acropss ages. Though I have enjoyed and laughed with most across the ages, GM is the only man who has me laughing out loud, laughing when I recall scenes and so on.

Many people share your opinion that he was loud and generally helped lowered the bar. That is really unfortunate. His sense of timing, ability to generate humour even in the complete absence of funny lines, fantastic voice modulation (something Senthil shares ably) set him apart. Truly one of the most under-appreciated talent in the history of Tamil Films. There are some small and noble efforts trying to offset that.

IMO, NSK is an acquired taste. I didn't like him initially vis-a-vis Nagesh. It took me a while to get a hang of his style etc. Now I can never get enough of some sequences, like the competition song with MGR in Chakravarthi ThirumgaL. But with Gounder there is no such thing as acquired taste. It is a hit or miss.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    Many people share your opinion that he was loud and generally helped lowered the bar. That is really unfortunate.

Truly one of the most under-appreciated talent in the history of Tamil Films.
    :aghast:
    he was holding the fort for more than a decade and it was old age that made him pave the way for others.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    . Vivek...his play of words are getting boring too.

vadivelu is all about dialogue delivery...........
    and timing too

Everyone is commenting on how vadivelu's comedies are getting too repetitive and boring. Isnt that the job of scriptwriters :huh may be they are running out of ideas.

But a comedians skill lies in elevating the humor in the scene even if the script only has a little to offer. I think vadivelu is excellent in that regard. Both his dialogue delivery and timing are perfect.
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Tia's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    all the comedians are good..it changes time to time cos eventually the comedey by one becomes boring cos theres too much of it, like in every single movie, so then another person becomes famous, and then after one year that person becomes boring too cos he's in all the famous movies doing all the comedy, and then it movies on etc etcc

it used to b vivek fo me...nw vaidvel...and kinda santhanam is getting gd!
    THALAPTHY RAJINI -ILAYATHALAPTHY VIJAY!
    so....
    SUPERSTAR RAJINI - NEXT SUPERSTAR VIJAY!

gorgeous gaayini ~ Ghlli ~ now Tia

Post Thanks / Like
    tia@gaayu
    i expect u would say vijay as best comedian..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast