Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ILAYARAJA'S CHARTBUSTER SCORES IN 'KARAKAATTAKARI'

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

rajasaranam (@ 61.2*) on: Wed Dec 15 07:55:06 EST 2004

to be precise it was exactly 28 years back, that people started forgetting the spelling for chartbuster, for every single Album of IR was becoming a chartbuster and there was no more need to say them as chartbusters

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

sekar (@ 217.*) on: Wed Dec 15 08:18:33 EST 2004

Download DESAM, KAADHAL, KARAGATAKARI Mp3 Songs in high Quality at

www.Tamilmp3tracks.Com

Please tell your Friends about our Website to support us. Please sign in the Guestbook and leave your mark if you have time.

Post Thanks / Like

NagaS (@ 212.*) on: Wed Dec 15 09:35:48 EST 2004

Dr. Lavanya sang for YSR in thuLLuvatho iLamai and another movie (7/g ?) ... Manjari sang a duet with Unni krish in "Niranja manasu"

I don't want to argue if the songs are chartbusters or something, But I liked all of them, esp., Saadamaada and Kotti vechcha ...

"Ennaip peththa aaththaa" is also a good song - I liked it more for IR's simple and practical thoughts as lyrics - "aNdam senju maNNuruNdaiyaakki unakkum, enakkum idam koduththaa mookaambaa" and "Computer kaalaamaachchu, kaasu niRaya saernthu pochchu, kavalaimattum kuRaiyalaiyae moogaamaa"

NagaS

Post Thanks / Like

Guess Me (@ 202.*) on: Wed Dec 15 10:09:25 EST 2004

Well Mr. Sharath. All you posted here is a list of your favourites albums. To know if it is a chart buster, you must compare it to songs from the movies which released simultaneously with the ones you posted. And you will understand some of the songs which released simultaneously have outdone some of the movies you have in your list.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess Me (@ 202.*) on: Wed Dec 15 10:12:56 EST 2004

"to be precise it was exactly 28 years back, that people started forgetting the spelling for chartbuster, for every single Album of IR was becoming a chartbuster and there was no more need to say them as chartbusters "

No rajasaranam, the idea of chartbusters came up precisely 12 years back with the release of ARR's Roja, an album, to whichever language it was dubbed, topped the charts for a long long time - a feat which the "Maestro" hasn't acheived in the past 28 years.

Post Thanks / Like

rajasaranam (@ 61.2*) on: Wed Dec 15 13:05:21 EST 2004

But 'Roja' never featured anywhere near to 'Devar Magan' on the charts for the year 1992, in its original language. Devar magan featured no.1 for 22 weeks continuosly while Roja featured no.1 for 10 weeks in 'Cibaca Top Ten' songs program in Radio 'Vividhbharthi' which was the one and only charting program available then

Post Thanks / Like

Ahmed Sajith (@ 61.1*) on: Wed Dec 15 13:21:59 EST 2004

dudes ..
    RAJAs' all new malayalam album 'PONMUDIPUZHAYORATHU' has been released.As usual its a gem of an album but 2 songs really touched my hearts strings.After listening to them ive come to the conclusion that Raja should stop composing music to the current tamil films.His class and knowledge should not go waste,he should not stoop low to compose music to the trash you get in the name of tamil films these days.I pity all the directors who switched from raja including mani ratnam to suresh krissna.I cant understand what on earth makes them believe that the music they churn out is better than the stuff they got from Isaignani ...poor fellas.When did senior heroes like satyaraj,prabhu or vijayakanth last sing a proper hit song,back in 1992?? just see satyaraj and a skinny whore singing UMMA UMMA or something like that and throw up till your guts burst..yuck

Post Thanks / Like

Guess Me (@ 202.*) on: Wed Dec 15 21:12:32 EST 2004

"But 'Roja' never featured anywhere near to 'Devar Magan' on the charts for the year 1992, in its original language. Devar magan featured no.1 for 22 weeks continuosly while Roja featured no.1 for 10 weeks in 'Cibaca Top Ten' songs program in Radio 'Vividhbharthi' which was the one and only charting program available then "

You might be correct there as I dont listen to radio. But still Roja's topping in other languages is a unique feat.

Ofcourse you wud now say this is tfmpage.com

Post Thanks / Like

S.P MAHENDRAN (@ 161.*) on: Thu Dec 16 03:30:14 EST 2004

All songs are very good.Raja's is always the best.

Post Thanks / Like

rajasaranam (@ 61.2*) on: Thu Dec 16 04:02:53 EST 2004

Guess me,

And that is what we had been stressing all these years... that this is TFM and IR is the only king over here. And we acknowledge the undeniable fact that ARR was able to succeed in north where none were able to make a mark even...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast