Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-incarnation and its beliefs

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re-incarnation and its beliefs

Lets discuss about (AMICABLY PLEASE) ...

belief in re-incarnation acc to diff religious beliefs
    and also athiest or agnostics views.

What is re-incarnation?
    How does it happen?
    Does it happen?
    How bout taking incarnation in lower forms of evolved lives?
    How scientific is this theory?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    As I understand it:

What is re-incarnation?
    The Process in which the soul goes into a different body judged by the Karma it has gotten in it's past lives.

How does it happen?
    This...I'm not sure of... I hope other learned hubbers can let us know. (Sudhamma Ji)

How bout taking incarnation in lower forms of evolved lives?
    Doesn't the past Karma of a soul also determine if they're human or other beings? We've gone through several births and several beings to be reincarnated as a human.

How scientific is this theory?
    I don't think it's been proven yet. It doesn't mean that this theory isn't true. What we define as "Science" is what Scientists have Discovered. And Scientists haven't discovered enough to prove this. That's all that means.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maitree,

I am quite unsure as to how compliacted formation of humans can fit back into lower organisms.

Logic does not work according to me.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SP, This is my opinion on the concept of soul, my understanding or misunderstanding, logic or the lack of thereof. If ever there were an entity invented for human wish-fulfillment, the soul is that entity. We beleive that one has lived before and will live again in another body after death and that the bodies one passes in and out of need not be human. One may have been a Doberman in a past life, and one may be a mite or a carrot in a future life. Like some tribes avoid eating certain animals because they beleive that the souls of their ancestors dwell in those animals. Why, even we beleive that our dead people reapear in the form of crows.

So how did this idea of soul and thereby life after death emerged?
    Man generally loves life or fears death. But he is not ignorant of death. By physical experience and logical reasoning he would have established its inevitability. One cannot ignore death. The only way to ignore death would be to HOPE... hope for a life after death, a hope for immortality. But since physical immortality is impossible, his only recourse would be a hope of immortality of Soul. And man is not prepared to abandon this hope. And not only this, the concept of soul has a deep significance in religious beleifs all over the world, all through the history. But why?

To me, the concept of a non-substantial substance itself is a contradiction . Yet, billions of people have believed in a non-spatial percipient which can travel through space and perceive and interpret vibrations and energies in the air or any medium without any sense organs. The concept of soul has been there for centuries. Dualists consider the Soul to be an immaterial substance, capable of existence as a conscious, perceiving entity independent of any physical body. But dualist philosophers have long struggled with what is known as the mind-body problem. Descartes first raised this problem. What is it that makes it possible for two contraries (one spatially existing and the other not) to interact as our Souls seem to with our brains?

But, why would such a beleif start? The ancient people, the nomads, had the beleif in spirits, the ancestor of the ideas of Soul, which they encountered in their dreams. The ancient man saw ghosts of the dead apparently divorced from their bodies in dreams. He concluded that he too had seperable soul. The idea of Soul and thereby Immortality grew naturally out of this. Infact the word Ghost comes from the german whord "Geist" which means both Ghost and Soul. This is basically due to his ignorance of the fact that his mind can form images out of memories, a case mentioned above. The very fact that in sleep the savage saw himself running, hunting, walking, while later he was assured that his body hadn't stirred, convinced him that he had a seperable Soul.

Now to the questions. This concept of souls throws up so many paradoxes that it would be impossible for me to list them now. I will list a few.

The first simple question would be If someone is dead how will anyone (leave alone the dead person himself), know that the soul survived? How will anyone know that his spirit is wandering and enters a new body unless all of these inferences are a result of incompetency of human mind to comprehend extra-physical (mental) discrepancies like dream, delusion and insufficient analysis.

These days the talk is about cloning and genetic engineering. If an embryo is split into two does that split the soul also?

Anything that has a beginning has an end. If souls are indestructible, then earth would be crowded with souls. Imagine the number of people who have lived since earth was formed. If we say they attain mukti, where do they go?

If protozoans have soul, we must remember that they reproduce asexually. A nucleus of the protozoa simply splits into two organism. So how did one soul become two? at wat point of time did the new soul start to get associated with the second organism.

Compare the same with sexual reproduction in higher species. The process is long involving too many factors. Again, at what point of time the new soul emerges?

so wats the common logic behind the point at which the new soul is formed?

I can pile up more number of questions, but wats the use
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    I myself have similar questions/ views, and want explanation for similar qustions tv.... lets c if someone answers .

However,

Quote Originally Posted by tv
    Imagine the number of people who have lived since earth was formed. If we say they attain mukti, where do they go?
    If they attain the unity with the source, WHERE IS THE QUESTION OF 'THEY' ?
    It just becomes single and merges with the source.

Universe has no beginning or end and is infinite. So what do u mean getting crowded?

Where is the question of getting crowded?

According to me, Soul is NOT A SEPERATE ENTITY to be counted in numbers, as per the existing or existed individuals.

Quoting from "secrets of universe"

"That is because say you have a molecule of any element, you can split that molecule in to several atoms, then each of those atom can be split into electrons, protons and neutrons. Then each of those electrons, protons and neutrons can further be split in to even smaller particles, then those particles can be can be broken down to even smaller particles, then those small one to even smaller, then those smaller one and those smaller particles can continue to be split up or broken down to an infinite amount of smaller particles, even those infinite one can be broken down to a still infinite amount of smaller particles and you could continue for ever and never stop.
    When you say each of neutrons, protons and electrons can be further split infinite times and YET NOT BECOME CROWDED, same theory holds good for souls too

As far as I understand, souls are nothing but energised magnetic particles with imprints if any

Post Thanks / Like
    So how did this idea of soul and thereby life after death emerged?
    Man generally loves life or fears death. But he is not ignorant of death. By physical experience and logical reasoning he would have established its inevitability. One cannot ignore death. The only way to ignore death would be to HOPE... hope for a life after death, a hope for immortality. But since physical immortality is impossible, his only recourse would be a hope of immortality of Soul. And man is not prepared to abandon this hope. And not only this, the concept of soul has a deep significance in religious beleifs all over the world, all through the history. But why?
    Good Point...

When you say each of neutrons, protons and electrons can be further split infinite times and YET NOT BECOME CROWDED, same theory holds good for souls too
    Good Point, and I'm Lost...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maithree
    Good Point, and I'm Lost...
    Everybody are !

and.. We are trying to find our way.
    Some may... .. and
    Some wont ...

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm Baaaaaaack!!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    SP acca,

1) What is re-incarnation?

Atma transmigrating from body to body according to the atma's Karma

2)How does it happen?

When your atma leaves the body, i.e, when you die, the soul leaves through the third eye, this is why in Hinduism, Maheshwar has a third eye to represent this, and what ever good karma or bad karma you have done in the current life and ur previous life is calculated and you take a new body according to it... dont ask me how the calculation is done, ONLY ISHWAR knows... and atma attains moksha or Mukthi ONLy when the atma realises the ULTIMATE truth AHABRAHMAN and gives up every MATERIAL bonding with this world and surrender UNTO Maheshwar, thus the Atma does not RE-ENTER into the VICIOUS cycle of RE-INCARNATION...
    3)Does it happen? I believe it does, for e.g., we suffer for something for which have never committed a crime, for e.g., u never have beaten any 1 b4, in ur life , u walk in the street, some1 hit you and run away or steal you r mobile phone or something, why did this happen? THINK, u probably have committed a similar crime to that atma in ur last life, makes logical sense right?

4)How about taking incarnation in lower forms of evolved lives?

Gita says, if you indulge your self in EVIL crimes such as slaughtering animals, humans or any living organism, you take a birth as low-level species such as animals...

5) How scientific is this theory?

Hinduism means SPIRITUAL SCIENCE...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghu

4)How about taking incarnation in lower forms of evolved lives?

Gita says, if you indulge your self in EVIL crimes such as slaughtering animals, humans or any living organism, you take a birth as low-level species such as animals...
    This is not convincing for me raghu. Evolution is scientific...

but regression

5) How scientific is this theory?

Hinduism means SPIRITUAL SCIENCE...
    I agree to a large extent .

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast