Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tintin - The Movie!!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!

Post Thanks / Like

Tintin - The Movie!!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!

A Wish that I've had ever since I started to read "The Prisoners Of The Sun" which was my first Tintin Comic when I was back in 3rd grade. I've read every single one now....and I often wondered why they didn't make a Movie for Tintin....It's the Perfect Fun, Action packed, Humorous Comic of all time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tintin_%282009_film%29

Can't Wait

Ur thoughts.
    I'm Baaaaaaack!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber kannannn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be great!! For some reason I believe Peter Jackson would make a better adaptation than Spielberg. I just hope they include my favourite title "The Calculus Affair".
    "Why do we need filmmaking equipment?"
    "Because, Marcel, my sweet, we're going to make a film. Just for the Nazis."

Post Thanks / Like
    Somehow, I ain't excited about this. It can never ever match the magic of the comics!

Senior Member Senior Hubber kannannn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a way I understand what you mean. The 2 dimensional Tintin on Cartoon Network was repulsive to hardcore fans. But Peter Jacksons name raises expectations.

The greatness of both Tintin and Asterix lie in the way they have been translated into English. If only they can do justice to that..
    "Why do we need filmmaking equipment?"
    "Because, Marcel, my sweet, we're going to make a film. Just for the Nazis."

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah but I'm sure Peter isn't the type who would choose Tintin. But, from what I've seen from Peter, cult horror flicks or his fantasy marvels - he mastered them. So, he might jump into the comic bandwagon and excel too. But this comic franchise isn't childish and yet, it is for kids. Somehow, I fell in love with it when I was in school. I would borrow it from my bro and read it even today. So, it's going to be interesting whether the film could match that and keeps the viewer involved.

Cartoon series -

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kannannn
    That would be great!! For some reason I believe Peter Jackson would make a better adaptation than Spielberg. I just hope they include my favourite title "The Calculus Affair".
    Same here..The Calculus Affair, Prisoners Of The Sun and Tintin and The Broken Ear are my most Fav Ones.
    I'm Baaaaaaack!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kannannn
    In a way I understand what you mean. The 2 dimensional Tintin on Cartoon Network was repulsive to hardcore fans. But Peter Jacksons name raises expectations.

The greatness of both Tintin and Asterix lie in the way they have been translated into English. If only they can do justice to that..
    The Animation was pathetic, also Tintin's Voice really hit me by surprise, because I didn't imagine it to be that way it was.... I knew it would be a bit high pitched since Tintin isn't really portrayed to be a very Masculine Rugged Character like Captain Haddock, but I was for some reason still disappointed to hear his voice.
    I'm Baaaaaaack!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thilak4life
    Yeah but I'm sure Peter isn't the type who would choose Tintin. But, from what I've seen from Peter, cult horror flicks or his fantasy marvels - he mastered them. So, he might jump into the comic bandwagon and excel too. But this comic franchise isn't childish and yet, it is for kids. Somehow, I fell in love with it when I was in school. I would borrow it from my bro and read it even today. So, it's going to be interesting whether the film could match that and keeps the viewer involved.

Cartoon series -
    I'd like Tintin to be presented like Sin City....not the content (sex, gory violence etc) but the way it was edited. Even though it was a movie, I still felt like I was reading the novel. Hope the music is as good as sin city too.

The "Cells Instrumental" by The Servents in the Trailor was Enchanting. It gets me in the mood and somehow inspires me when I write "Flawless-the epitome of perfection". :P

Ditto on the Cartoon Series.
    I'm Baaaaaaack!!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nothing can become as good as th books......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibha
    nothing can become as good as th books......
    true, so lets hope the screen adaptation does sufficient justice to the comic book version

My favs - The 7 Crystal Balls, Destination Moon, Explorers On The Moon, The Calculus Affair, Prisoners Of The Sun, among others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast