Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Life is unfair, at times

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Life is unfair, at times

Page 2 -> Life is unfair, at times

Hi I’m Shivraja. My mom should have named me doubt-raja. I doubt anything and everything under the sun (except my mom, of course). As a kid, I used to doubt the sun which goes behind the mountains in the evening. As a boy, I used to doubt my teachers as to whether they were capable enough to teach me. As a teenager, I doubted my girlfriends whether they were going around with my other friends. One punched on my nose and the other punctured my bike. Later, I doubted whether I will get any female companion in my life at all. My middle name had become “doubt”. I was immersed in doubts and never had confidence on anything. Watching the husband/wife cheating serials along with my mom didn’t help either. I was a misfit in my family. My mom and sister-Sneha were so innocent, who think, whatever is white, is Ujala.

As fate would have it, I got married to a beautiful girl. My wife, Sumatra, is a stunner even without a basic face-wash. She resembles the Sivaji heroine – shreya. Well, there was one thing that I had in common with Sivaji hero – which was skin color. There ends the similarities of mine with the great man. I really doubted whether sumi would say a yes after seeing me in their house (of course it was an arranged marriage). But she surprised me and told a yes. I couldn’t believe that I’m going to be the husband of such a beautiful girl. I was in heaven no.9 and I doubted whether this happiness would ever end. Well, all good things come to an end

Sumatra’s college friend, Anirudh, irritatingly, fatally, frustratingly but coincidentally became our neighbor. He was a live wire, sharp contrast to me. However, he looked as horrible as me. My wife had done engineering with him and they were real good friends. Damn. He used to be in my house whenever I returned back from work and that too in his casuals – shorts, 3/4ths and lungis. Doesn’t he have the decency to dress up well before visiting someone else’s house. Enna vazharthu vechhirukaanga avanga appa amma. Chaa. They used to talk minutes together, which seemed like years together for me. He was narrating all their college stories to me. "Dei, naa kaettana" i thought. Sumatra told me excitedly “Honey, do u know, we used to call Anirudh MADDY, because he used to talk exactly like Madhavan to girls”. “Enna kodumai shiva idhu” – I said to myself. I also came to know that he has proposed to most girls in the college. Aahaaa. My wife, also added, that he never let any guy near her. Hmm, is it because he himself loved her? Why didn’t he propose to her then? Why weren’t they married? Why did Sumi marry me? I switched on the TV – “uchhi vagudu eduthhu, pichhi poo vechha kili, pachha mala oruthula meyudhuna sonnanga – Rosapoo ravikkakaari” was running on JayaTV. Gawwwwd.

The next day, when I returned from work, I found Anirudh sprawled in my sofa in his shorts and my wife was sporting a hyper-transparent white t-shirt. It was so transparent that I could see the dining table at the back through her and I’m sure this guy was ogling at her. That night, I told sumi –“darl, can you stop wearing transparent white tops, please?” she retorted back “I just wear it inside the house, never outside. So, relax” I smiled at her. “enga relax panradhu? Veetla dhaan kanda kanda street dogs ellam varudhae, hayyo hayyo”. Why is this guy wandering around my house all the time?

I usually go for early morning jogging, because it clears my doubt that sun had finished its work behind the mountains and come back to work. I saw something that sent a chill down my spine. Anirudh – Maddy – rascal, standing on the road was waving to someone in my balcony. I couldn’t see who it was in my house, but I’m sure it was sumi. He waved and signaled to give a call. No wonder my phone bills were sky rocketing for 2 months. I rushed into my house and checked my bill. 2500 minutes of calls went to Anirudh’s phone. I was devastated. I knew, he had attracted my wife with his old college charm.

They were getting closer as sun cleared my mountain related doubts day-after-day. He bought 3 tickets for Sivaji and guess what, my mom sent sumi and my sister with him. I looked at my mom and gave her a “u too maama” look. She told – “enna paakura, we have to work for Navaratri decorations. You need to stay back.” Aaahaaa. Ujala amma, at her best. Avan theatre-la enna enna pannano, hayyo. Nenachhaalay summa adhurudhula. I never understood why are all females like this. Why should they marry a person like me and then look for a more enterprising person after marriage? It is a suffocating feeling to see your wife admire someone else more than you. The final nail on the coffin, I thought, was when I saw sumi and Anirudh in coffee day. They were talking very seriously. I could sense where they were getting at. I doubt they were talking about, how to give this news to me. I knew it, I always knew it.

I was immersed in deep sorrow and nothing ran in my mind. My entire system was hung and badly needed a reboot. Or should I shutdown my system? That day, I really doubted whether I would be able to take my wife’s revelation. I mustered all my courage and went home. Sumi smiled and took my bag from me. She fixed me a strong coffee. Did it have poison in it? It’s better to die than go through this ordeal. She came and sat near me – “Anirudh has a proposal for us”. Oh my god, she is being so open about this. “Please sumi, don’t proceed, I love you, I love you a lot. Forget this Anirudh character, I’ll keep you more happy than him” I thought. I was waiting to hear the worst. She continued “Anirudh wants to marry …” she hesitated. I exclaimed “marry?”. She continued silently “Anirudh wants to marry Sneha. They are in love with each other, it seems. I myself have seen them talking over the phone and in café many times. Haven’t you ever noticed them chatting over the balcony?”. Wow, he was after all, not after my wife. Yahoooooooooo. What relief, I felt as if, thousand fresh water springs originated out of my body. I couldn’t hide the relief in my face. Sumi was puzzled “I thought you would blast me for saying this. Maddy is after all my friend.” I stuttered “yes, that’s true. Let me discuss with mom and give you an answer.” You know, that my mom is never going to tell a no to Maddy- rascal. Hahaha. Marriage was fixed between my sister sneha and Anirudh.

But I was going through a tremendous wave of guilt for doubting my wife. She was handling the entire marriage work along with my mother-in-law, which increased my guilt. “romba nallavapa yen pondatti –mmmmmmmmm” I thought with tears in my eyes. In the marriage hall, she was so busy rotating like a satellite around the planet. I stopped her in a deserted place in the marriage hall. I hugged her tightly and gave a kiss on her cheek and said “thank you” with a smile. She was puzzled. This was my way of telling her a sorry. A big sorry and it worked. I really felt relieved. I doubt whether I will doubt my wife again. Wait a minute, who is this fair guy talking to my wife? I went near her “honey, this is Rohit, my best friend from school. If Maddy is my friend in college, then it was Rohit in school” sumi said. ahaaa “unga amma unna all-girls school/college-la padikka vechhirukkalaam. Enna kodumai shiva idhu” I thought to myself. Then a sudden thought flashed. I called out “Arthi aarthi”. Arthi came near us. I said “Rohit, this is Arthi, my cousin sister. Arthi, please take good care of Rohit, he is our guest today
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Braandan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    liked it
    Here there is no 'I'

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Braandan
    _________

Senior Member Diamond Hubber madhu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sudhir..

nice one ! doubts-ai clear seyya niRaiya cousins vENumO ?

Post Thanks / Like
    yes madhu, i think shiv will run out of cousin sisters pretty soon....
    _________

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rami's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who let my doubts out?

Maddy ! That was an interesting one... !

And the final twist ...

Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    I called out “Arthi aarthi”. Arthi came near us. I said “Rohit, this is Arthi, my cousin sister. Arthi, please take good care of Rohit, he is our guest today

The realization of happiness happens only after experience of pain.

If we desire to blossom like a flower in the garden of life,
    Then we must learn the art of adjusting our life with the thorns!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Rami.......yea, such characters do exist in real life as well.........infact all men become this "shivraja" atleast once in their lives, if i'm not wrong ........
    _________

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

ippadiyellama sandhega paduva ayyo

maddy

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rami's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    thanks Rami.......yea, such characters do exist in real life as well.........infact all men become this "shivraja" atleast once in their lives, if i'm not wrong ........
    Very true.. But there are exceptions ..

The realization of happiness happens only after experience of pain.

If we desire to blossom like a flower in the garden of life,
    Then we must learn the art of adjusting our life with the thorns!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Men do pass under this phase, a complex, a psychological imbalance/turbulence -some rarely, some often, some grow out of it, some never!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast