Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 years of A.R.Rahman's music - 1992 to 2007 and continuing

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

15 years of A.R.Rahman's music - 1992 to 2007 and continuing

A small collection of thoughts about my interests' arc on A.R.Rahman's
    music, on the eve of his completing 15 years in Indian film music.

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2007/08/...nd-continuing/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber thineshan54321's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow karthik anna !!!
    what an experience you have had. I never knew you were an ardent fan of rahman. i enjoyed reading 15 years of Rahman's influence on you.
    Music is Peace

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice article, I also shared that experience with the song "Chinna Chinna Aasai". I think that was the first ARR song I heard. I think you're spot on with the comment about the different with perception about ARR back then and ARR now, after it's been 15 years. But you can't deny that he was a pioneer for a different kind of music in the TFM scene. If you were going to name the top tfm composers ever, I think he'd get a spot on the list for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes i too agree if there is an arr album the whole of tamil nadu will hear it within hours. that is no longer the case, but i think thats because of ARR imitators, the big one being HJ. I think if ARR wants to be on the same level that he was in the 90s he should do something that is really trendsetting, it should be another step forward in TFM.
    But for me, I became of fan of music in 2004 and therefore a fan of ARR. I mean I heard his songs when I was young but I didnt know the value of them as I didn't really appreciate music that much. So its like the 1995s for me right now. For Guru I was searching for 3-4 hrs starting from 10 pm to find mp3 because I couldnt wait till the next morning to buy the CD. So there is still that craze within me for ARR's albums.
    But really hoping ARR does something really really interesting which will get tamil nadu to turn back and look at him once more with the same eyes that looked at him in the 90s. Boys was a very good attempt. But the only problem is the album appealed just to the teens unlike Roja which appealed to everybody. But until then, we can still be proud of being his fans as his albums are always atleast a step ahead of the rest. And we can be proud once again being fans of a person whose personality is as polished as a pearl.

Really looking forward to ATM and Sakarakatti. We are guaranteed atleast two more melodies this year after sahana and vaa ji as both albums will release by the end of this year. So tahts enough for me.
    Music is Peace

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Karthik,

Thats a superb post. Loved your objective style

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    superb article karthik .........i loved it, great writing style and capturing minute details - wow.....

only 15 years-a aachhu?? , the kind of struggle/argument that we had over his constant criticism makes it seem like 25 years
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    superb article karthik .........i loved it, great writing style and capturing minute details - wow.....

only 15 years-a aachhu?? , the kind of struggle/argument that we had over his constant criticism makes it seem like 25 years

karthik that was an awesome article

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    for me Rahman's music hasn't changed a note since Roja.... it creates the same impact as it did before.... this piece is a recollection of my personal experiences with Rahman.....

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/200...lgic-trip.html

ursmusically
    Sureshkumar

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sureshmehcnit
    for me Rahman's music hasn't changed a note since Roja.... it creates the same impact as it did before.... this piece is a recollection of my personal experiences with Rahman.....

ursmusically
    Sureshkumar
    i usually never read anything this long unless its for school research. You really got me hooked. It was really interesting. i envy ur experiences have fun and good luck with ur life
    Music is Peace

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sureshmehcnit

ursmusically
    Sureshkumar
    this is the best article i have read !!! seriously saying, as Thineshan said, i also hardly read any articles which r long like urs, and yes,i also only will read thoroughly if its an article for my assignments...... as for articles for music or movie reviews, i usually read the 1st and last paragraph or read any lines which has the name " A.R.Rahman " only....
    but ur article made me read it patiently and feel every memories u went true... i have to admit it, im touched!!

this part of the article is so true... and i something which even i had thought millions of time....

I realize now, that more you become aware of how the music is being created; the real pleasure of listening to the music is lost. Listening to music had become more of a mechanical process than an emotional process and I was starting to miss the divine pleasure I had before, when I was listening to a ‘Minsara Kanavu’ or a ‘Uyirae’ or a ‘Thiruda Thiruda’. But now I have learnt to find a balance in between. Yet, I wish I could have remained as the same little innocent Suresh who just know how to enjoy good music and did nothing else.
    how i missed my self enjoying MUSIC alone without knowing who is the md or how they made it...!!! those days were the best!!!

hats of to u!! ....
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast