Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A.R.Rahmans's Best Compositions/BGM

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A.R.Rahmans's Best Compositions/BGM

Yo guys,lets discuss on All best ARR's composition or BGM,which interlude,pallavi,or bgm,or theme u like,discuss it here,when i think the best of best from ARR is def the Chant of Mudhalvan ( the sankrit once which comes often in the film & also in the Mudhalvane song )

i dunno how ARR composed such theme,it gets 100% PERECT..what u guys think!?Discuss here!!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    When it comes to BG Score, ARR's lagaan theme comes first...He scores big time in the way he had placed those pieces in the movie (anuradha sriram's humming comes during the title, the chorus piece comes when the team-aamir line up...and the last piece comes during the match) and when all of them put together still makes it a continuous piece in the album.

Bose had very good BG Score..

Then comes thiruda-thiruda chase theme.

I won't rate mudhalvan theme that high because it is inspired by Jerry Goldsmith's score for the omen (and there are zillion pieces inspired by this )

Senior Member Devoted Hubber coucou's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    in the recent time, i like bgm of kks, specially in romantic scenes. it's very beautiful when heroine try to catch his papers. why he scored beautiful bgm to flop movies???????

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    BGM: I liked the RR in "Kadhalar Dhinam".... in fact, we were a group of 4-5 guys back then... we watched that movie many times just for ARR (embarassing to admit watching that crap many times )
    In fact, one guy recorded the whole rerecording in AVM Rajeshwari theatre in one such "watching"....
    Heard from a friend that he has matured in RR in Swades... haven't watched it yet.....

Interludes: Lots...... one thing which pops out of my head now is the second interlude from the song "Nenjamellam..." from Ayudha Ezhuthu....
    And of course the first violin interlude in "Kaadhal enum thervezhudhi..." from Kadhalar Dhinam.... "Kaapi" wasn't it???
    And the way SPB starts the charanam, overlapping with the interlude was amazing...

And i think his best in Hindi is Tehzeeb.........

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ho man, Iruvar had the best BGM ever - Check out the music in the DVD - the contents part - amazing stuff!! Next comes Roja! Even the climax where Arjuna lights the lamp in Gentleman - had such nice beautiful melodious stunning music..

Post Thanks / Like
    and def 1 outstanding BGM i like is the pros(bhuvaneswari) theme in Boys...the " thaa tharikitha dheem dheem " the mini ghazal,by Madhushree.....mabby might be against this,but that beat really atracted me away from that scene,what u guys say?
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Minsara kanavu them an ensuvasa katre

hey ppl
    can anyone tell me where u can get the title theme of minsarakanavu and the en swasa katrae theme.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    how about the muthu bgm when sarathbabu first meets meena and also the bgm played when vadivelu thinks about his heroine

and the best bgm for a rajini movie in Padaiyappa esp when neelambari - padaiyappa scene in the 2nd half. It certainly added more spice to the scene. Also the scene in 1st half when Ramya expresses her love to rajini and rajini refusing it. "enakku ungala pidikkalae". while Ramya takes her googles off, Rajini puts on his one.

Kizhakku cheemaiyile climax scene had an excellent BGM too. ( that was then lifted by many serial music directors)
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dilse
    + When SRK finds Manisha in Ladakh.
    + Vinmeengalai Thandi Vazhum Kadhal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras
    how about the muthu bgm when sarathbabu first meets meena
    the same tune was used by HJ in Mazhai Mazhai - Ullam Ketkume rite?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast