Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MR-RK-ARR-KH [pre-announcement]

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber thineshan54321's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mani Ratnam - Rajnikanth - (ARR)

Rajni and Mani Ratnam to work together?
    IndiaGlitz [Monday, August 27, 2007]

Grapevine is abuzz with rumors that Rajnikanth has finalized his next project. A couple of visits by Rajnikanth to director Mani Ratnam's office in Chennai have sparked off rumours that the two would come together for a movie next.

After Guru, Mani Ratnam was supposed to commence his next starring Aamir Khan. However with the actor's Hindi version of Ghajini getting delayed, sources say Mani Ratnam would venture to do a movie with Rajnikanth.

Rajnikanth and Mani Ratnam last came together for Thalapathy released in 1991.

Produced by GV Films and directed by Mani Ratnam, Thalapathy featured Mammootty, Shobana and Bhanu Priya besides Rajnikanth.

The familiar story of Karna from the epic Mahabaratha was skillfully modernized with typical 'Mani Ratnam trademark' screenplay and dialogues and foot-tapping numbers by Ilayaraja.

HOPE THIS IS TRUE GUYS. BUT WITH THE MEDIA U NEVER KNOW. It is probably the best move rajni can do after the huge sivaji. Mani is the only director that can avoid being compared with sivaji because he approaches movies in a different way. If it does happen, ARR's music will be nothing but masterpiece.
    Music is Peace

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i doubt bout this..... its just too good to happen..... ARR-Shankar-Rajini followed by ARR-Mani-Rajini?????
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even Shankar (successfull commercial director) had to modify Sivaji according to Rajini's image, e.g. complete lack of logic in the movie (though I don't like the excuse that as it is a Rajini movie we do not have to care about logic.... coz' Baasha, Veera and a few other movies were "quite Ok" on the logic side)....

And currently Mani is in no mood to modify/alter his creation for commercial purposes (e.g. songs in his recent movies do not have a proper place now)... so I'm almost sure that this will never happen... unfortunalty for us!

So just chill out guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinesh2002
    i doubt bout this..... its just too good to happen..... ARR-Shankar-Rajini followed by ARR-Mani-Rajini?????
    if that happens, i have a feeling the hype will be much more because north india has already seen the power of rajni and Mani is a much more familiar director than shankar and about ARR solave thevela! It will be just awesome!

but the only problem with mani is he is so unpredictable. You never know how the outcome will be because he always tries things different. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that this should happen atleast for the music.
    Music is Peace

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz
    Even Shankar (successfull commercial director) had to modify Sivaji according to Rajini's image, e.g. complete lack of logic in the movie (though I don't like the excuse that as it is a Rajini movie we do not have to care about logic.... coz' Baasha, Veera and a few other movies were "quite Ok" on the logic side)....

And currently Mani is in no mood to modify/alter his creation for commercial purposes (e.g. songs in his recent movies do not have a proper place now)... so I'm almost sure that this will never happen... unfortunalty for us!

So just chill out guys!
    vaz what do u mean by songs dont have a proper place?
    Music is Peace

Post Thanks / Like
    vaz what do u mean by songs dont have a proper place?
    I don't think Mani likes having separate song sequences, big duets, stuff like that.

If Mani Ratnam + Rajini + ARRorIR happened that would be great. Then Rajini could have at least one serious movie before he retires.

Plus, I think Mani Ratnam has too much integrity to compromise story and logic for Rajini's image, like Shankar did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Take Ayitha Ezhuthu for e.g. the song Nenjamellam was not properly picturized... in fact none of the songs picturization were upto his own standard (Thaiya thaiya, Alaipayuthe, Roja, Thiruda Thiruda)...

In KM, he did not even picturize Vellai Pookal... Anyway I feel that the magic from the ARR-Mani combo is missing since KM.... I remember ARR saying that he tries nowadays not to make songs that overpowers the movie itself... and that can be clearly seen in his last compositions for Mani.... I personnally prefered when it overpowered the movie...

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it better when it does not overpower the movie....

For a long time Indian cinema has had this formula of movies with song interludes and such. It's time for a director who changes the formula a bit. I thought KM was fine with it's music.
    www.GoodTamilFilms.com - Reviews, articles, etc.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    a master piece again this time with AR Rahman !

i wish i see a THALAPATHY again infact more than that !
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bingleguy
    a master piece again this time with AR Rahman !

i wish i see a THALAPATHY again infact more than that !
    whatever the combo comes out with, it will be exceptional in one way or another. So I still want this to come true.
    Music is Peace

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast