Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Feel That ARR Saves His Best For Hindi?

Post Thanks / Like

Do You Feel That ARR Saves His Best For Hindi?

For a while now, I have felt that ARR is shafting the Tamil Film Industry and saving his best works for the Hindi Film Industry. Guru was just tremendous, far better than ATM . I'll admit that the Hindi Film Industry is bigger, and I'm no Anti-Hindi person or anything, it's just a sad observation that really dissapoints me . What do you guys think? Has ARR forgotten the thaaymozhi that made him a star in the first place and moved on to Hindi/Urdu?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber lancelot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i doubt thats the case...though i agree with u that his best work in the recent past has been on hindi movies, Eg: RDB, Guru...

i think its the simple fact that the Hindi directors ARR works with are more talented and are able to drain out ARRs best.

but if you take the tamil directors who he works with... exception Shanker... i doube they hav the talent to bring out the best of ARR...

just my thoughts...

hehe
    Sadhakallahu Nabiyul Kareem - A R Rahman

Post Thanks / Like
    I do agree with that... I guess he needs to work more with Shankar and Mani Ratnam (in Tamil movies) more then... because if I think ARR recently, I think RDB and Guru... they were filled with such fun and classy music... I don't even listen to Hindi much, but damn, RDB and Guru are so amazing that it makes no difference... I don't think that Tamil directors are untalented per se but I guess I do see what you mean...

btw, is Mani Ratnam still going to do Tamil movies? wasn't he saying he's through with Tamil movies?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ithellam too much.....

just listen to Jillunu oru Kaadhal and Varalaru BGM... It is awesome....and chanceless stuff.....

Guru padathai mani tamil la eduthiruntha Rahman's music wud have been far far better imho... Mani wud have felt more comfortable in explaining those situations and getting what he wants

It is only that in Hindi music, Rahman puts more efforts, coz the variety of ppl listening to hindi music is more......and to cater to all those ppl's tastes, the effort has to be much more than he needs to put for Tamil films.... and we all know Rahman loves challenges and he gives out his best when he is challenged....

It's been a long time since rahman has scored for a routine masala movie in hindi.... one two ka 4 is the last...am i rite???
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    adhu sathyam... but then our directors need to find a way to give ARR the challenges and situations to shine -- to give us his best efforts...

btw, question still remains, is mani ratnam still going to do tamil movies?

Post Thanks / Like
    plz stop blaming the directors....90's director enna vanatulla irunthu vanthangala ? to extract good songs frm ARR in that period ? if ARR fails in HIndi currently we can say his time is over...but that is not the case...let us see what will happen for HINDI GHAJINI...namma tamil director thaney ? i can bet my last penny....HINDI GHAJINI will be a blockbuster hit...in terms of musically and commercially

Post Thanks / Like
    Then why can't he do it for Tamil Cinema? Does he not have the incentive / desire to do so because of a smaller market? I don't think that is a valid reason -- I mean, firstly, movies like Sivaji show that Tamil Cinemas are extremely lucrative and successful. Secondly, when it comes to international attention, international people neither understand Hindi or Tamil, so it makes no major difference in international success, Kannathil Muthamittal and Sivaji were major international success stories. So what is it? Clearly the directing in some of the movies he made music for in the '90s sucked, and so did the actors. Does he not have paasum for his thaaymozhi? He should work to ensure that the Tamil Film Industry is recognized internationally as distinct from Bollywood, and that it produces quality soundtracks and BGMs that rival Bollywood and Hollywood cinemas.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just pissed off that A.R. Rahman still has the magic to make classy, beautiful, awe inspiring songs like "Lukka Chuppi" (from Rang De Basanti) and "Tere Bin" (from Guru), yet Azhagiya Thamizh Magan is filled with remixes, white-washed stuff like "Nee Marilyn Monroe"... enakku athanai westernized paatu vaeNam anaal, naan english paate kaepaen, english people can make that better than ARR... The only song that was beautiful was Valayapatti. Madhuraikku Pogathadee and Ellaapugazhum have such a "heard before" feeling. Seriously, to me, the only song that even remotely compares in TFM from ARR to the stuff he's made for the Hindi Film Industry is maybe the Sahara Pookal... the slower remix especially.

I think that ARR has the power single handedly to shape the TFM, and he has definitely done so, but he has the power to do it more profoundly.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Dragun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can't really compare RDB to a Vijay film. RDB was a very different film in the first place and used music innovatively. ATM is a Vijay mass-masala, so it has different needs. Likewise in Tamil he mostly gets masala films and not films like Lagaan, Bose The Forgotten Hero, etc. I think

I am interested to see how the Ghajini remake will turn out. It has been a long time since ARR did a masala kind of film in Hindi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then it is the fault of Directors of Tamil movies for not creating unique movies such as Kannathil Muthamittal more often in the Tamil Film Industry...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast