Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Kumar Sanu's Gold period gone? No more Sanu fans

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Kumar Sanu's Gold period gone? No more Sanu fans

Since 2000, Sanu has not got many great awards nor has he given many great melodies as he is known for.
    compared to him udit is doing better and better, sonu is doing great but why not sanu

rehman, never picks sanu to sing his songs,
    even himesh reshammiya does not pick him
    EVEN NADEEM SHRAVAN are giving him less chances?

is it that the people don't like is songs anymore, they seem to be the same tune... why?????

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Kumar Sanu

I think Kumar Sanu's best is over. He has gone into music direction. Since even music directors like NS , AM are not using him its tough for him. Even directors like Vidhu Vinod Chopra who used to insist on sanu until Kareeb are not using him.

Why? One cant be sure. Must be his attitude as his voice is same if not better. Listening to some of his songs in last 2-3 yrs shows his voice only maturing. But sadly that alone has not helped him.

Plus voices like udit/sonu are more flexible for most actors.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a time for everyone to stop-and this guy is no exception.I never had a great opinion about him and have some dislike for him too.Call me prejudiced but thats how I feel.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I personally think that at the moment apart from Sonu Nigam there arent any really really good singers in their prime right now.He is so good that he leaves all the others behind by miles and that too is the reason that ailing singers like Kumar Shanu do not get any recordings to do.Sonu is the first choice of most of the music directors and the others who do not take him either do not have the brains or no money to spare.

Post Thanks / Like
    I disagree with Ajay05.There are lots of talented and popular singers.Udit is still no:1 preference for lots of Music Directors.He was seen in most major hit movies Swades/Bewafaa/Kisna etc.

There are also singers like Shaan/Kay Kay etc who r giving hits constantly.Abijeet/Sanu do not sing that much but they have not gone away.

I feel in the era of illegal MP3s musicians and singer stock values have come down.So we see more singers per album

Post Thanks / Like
    ajay is only a frustated fan of sonu nigam. he lives in his own land with his own fantasy. comeon ajay. everyone knows whose voice is like a female's voice. dont try to act as a frustated guy. be practical. i am sure u r obsessed with sonu nigam. there r many other singers who r very good. udit is still the no.1
    dont try to compare a kid like sonu nigam with udit narayan. udit narayan is in the industry for more than 25 years and still going strong, still the first choice of many music directors. this is the fact and if u dont want to agree with this u r really a frustated fan of sonu nigam .
    kumar has given more hits than sonu nigam. first of all, let sonu nigam give more hits than kumar sanu. let him win 5 filmfare awards in a row like sanuda and than compare sonu kid with sanuda. i agree that sanuda isnt signing many songs these days. i think he isnt getting offers these days . this always happens with great singers. this happened with lataji, kishoreda , rafi sahab. but i still hope that sanuda can strike back.
    newcomer kunal ganjawala too has a great voice. i think he has a great future ahead. i like shaan too . kay kay isnt bad either. babool is also doing good these days . my ranking of the present male playback singers of bollywood :

1)udit narayan
    2)sonu nigam, kumar sanu
    3)abhijeet
    4)kunal ganjawala
    5)shaan
    6)babool supriyo
    7)kay kay

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kumar Sanu is good when he's not in his nasal mode,....but I like Abhijeet more than I like him.
    "I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." Albert Einstein.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Secrets
    Kumar Sanu is good when he's not in his nasal mode,....but I like Abhijeet more than I like him.
    That is the exact reason for my dislike towards him.He sings through the nose ,and makes a donkey like sound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblah
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Secrets
    That is the exact reason for my dislike towards him.He sings through the nose ,and makes a donkey like sound.

BlahBlah, I love your sense of humor!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sudipoi wrote....
    1)udit narayan
    2)sonu nigam, kumar sanu
    3)abhijeet
    4)kunal ganjawala
    5)shaan
    6)babool supriyo
    7)kay kay....

Shaan and Baldwala better than Babuliya Superior?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast