Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rahman Instrumentals

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber thineshan54321's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rahman Instrumentals

Hey guys, I've been working on some instrumentals of rahman's tracks. I have overlaid them with the original song. However, the focus is obviously the instrumental so I have reduced the volume of the original soundtrack and its there just for a support and tempo maintenance. I didnt know which thread to post it in, so I started a new one.

Here is my first recording:
    Munbe Vaa: http://www.sendspace.com/file/irbezx (13 mb) [edited]

The quality is very high. I have ensured that there is no noise or anything like that. It is directly from a synthesizer to a software, so no ambience. let me know how i can improve etc. I'll post sahana saral next. Tell me if you guys have requests. It takes me an hour to do a song without mistakes et al, so I cant make too many. Ill try one song/week.
    Music is Peace

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Yathu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow thats a big file! i attempted to download it...but my wireless connection is playing up! could you possibly make an 320/192 mp3 version of it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yathu
    wow thats a big file! i attempted to download it...but my wireless connection is playing up! could you possibly make an 320/192 mp3 version of it?
    sure i kinda guessed, ppl gave up on it due to the size. I will repost an mp3 320 kbps. it will be 10 mb.
    Music is Peace

Post Thanks / Like
    there u go: http://www.sendspace.com/file/irbezx (Munbe Vaa Instrumental)

hope u guys like it. let me know how i can improve.
    Music is Peace

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good work Thineshan You could also try some audio softwares which would remove the voice from the original track (results are not always perfect). Then you can mix the instrumental track with that one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982
    Good work Thineshan You could also try some audio softwares which would remove the voice from the original track (results are not always perfect). Then you can mix the instrumental track with that one.
    yep i tried to do that, but rahman does a lot of effects on teh voice like reverb etc. and its really very hard to remove without distorting the main BG. thats why i kept it like this. but if i do find a good voice remover, i will surely do that. thx, i also have sahana and ellapuzaghum if u guys want.
    Music is Peace

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982
    hey littlemaster, i listened to ur advice and thanks to Vithur from yfg, I was able to find a professional software to remove the vocals. and the result was terrific. it removed just the vocals leaving 95% of the BG intact. so here it is. I have uploaded Munbe Vaa and Ellapugazhum . the latter turned out really well. You might need to increase ur speaker volume a bit more than normal because I intentionally reduced the master volume to avoid distortions.

Munbe Vaa Instrumental: http://www.sendspace.com/file/llf2of
    Ellapugazhum Instrumental: http://www.sendspace.com/file/w83svj
    Music is Peace

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Dragun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    All vocal removers basically work the same way. They remove whatever is mixed at exactly the same level in the left and right channels. Depending on how the song was mixed it may remove the vocals, it may not remove the vocals, it may remove other sounds.

If you have a program like Audacity or Adobe Audition, all you need to do is invert one channel (doesn't matter which) and mix the left and right channels to mono to cancel out what is the same in both channels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragun
    All vocal removers basically work the same way. They remove whatever is mixed at exactly the same level in the left and right channels. Depending on how the song was mixed it may remove the vocals, it may not remove the vocals, it may remove other sounds.

If you have a program like Audacity or Adobe Audition, all you need to do is invert one channel (doesn't matter which) and mix the left and right channels to mono to cancel out what is the same in both channels.
    yep i have done that. the uploaded tracks are the BG plus the instrumental.
    Music is Peace

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thineshan, which software did you use for removing vocals? All the vocal removers I tried worked in the same way as Dragun told, so the results were not very good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast