Page 68 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan - Part 4

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks tac. Post your views and comments in that thread. We also felt bad that we could not make it to the movie. Just as you had mentioned and Mohan indicated, we had an idea to watch it till kinnathai endhugiren song and come out. You know my favourite is also the same line. But there was a personal work that could not be avoided. Another point is I was not sure if I had the "will power" to force myself to come out much before the half way mark.

Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mr_karthik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mohan sir,

Superb writing about 'Paasa Malar'. No doubt it is a legendary movie with NT + NT, Gemini, MNN, MNR, Thangavelu, P.S.Gnanam (the evergreen villi), Bhimsing, Kannadasan, Viswa+Ramu and Aroordass.

Each and every song has its own story how it was made, especially 'vaarai en thOzhi' and 'malarndhum malaraadha'. Happy to mention even now the songs are lively heared and it will be for ever.

in that song 'mayangugiraaL oru maadhu', see how she hints to her aNNi about the first night with the lines...

'thOzhiyar kadhai solli tharavillaiyaa
    thunivillaiyaa bayam vidavillaiyaa
    naazhigai selvathum ninaivillaiyaa'

.... what a well cultured lines from kannadhasan..!!!!!

Mohan sir, you have done a very good analysis, which created a new debate about brother-sister relationship in this thread.

well done sir keep it up.

expecting more such reviews from you.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rangan_08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your kind & encouraging words Karthik sir. Yes, the lines which you have mentioned from the song "Mayangugiral.." is simply great. Mugam sulikka vaikkadha varigal. And that's why I would say, Paasa Malar is one film where everybody would be at their best.

And personally, if you ask me, I would say that a debate of bro - sis relationship itself is not required in the case of Paasa Malar. The core theme of the film itself is about the strong bond between the lead characters. So, it ought to be made in the way it is.
    Perhaps life is just that. A Dream and a Fear. -- Joseph Conrad

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone who watched the great movie"Rajapart Rangadurai" and discussed about. Thanks to Mohan, Murali, saradha, Raghavendhran and others who gave their valuable thoughts and sweet memories happened during the period of its release.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    Ive watched rajapart rangathurai ONCE.
    I DID not (want to) watch it again.
    because...
    I dont think I can tolerate NT's death in that movie. I feel very heavy after watching the movie. I chose not to
    I wish it had a nice happy ending
    SP mam,
    you dont watch RR not because it s a bad film, but not able to digest his death in the end. Is it..?.

If so, most of the films having tragedy end, met huge success including VPKattabomman, Paasa Malar, Dheivamagan, Vietnaam Veedu, Gowravam etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Murali sir & Mohan sir,

thanks for your sharing about the happenings in Chennai Star theatre for the re-release of 'vasandha maaLigai'. Actually i was expecting a detailed report from Murali sir, same like he did for Abirami theatre before, so little disappointment.

But he covered my disappintment with the snaps and video clipping taken in front of Star.

On seeing them, my memories (as usual) travels to past, about first day first show of 'vetrikku oruvan' i watched at Star.

Also in 100th day of his 100th moovie 'rOsaappoo ravikkaikaari', Sivakumar was standing in front of ticket counter of Star theatre and invited each and every fan with shake hand. what a memorable days......

I miss you Chennai (tooo much).

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_karthik
    SP mam,
    you dont watch RR not because it s a bad film, but not able to digest his death in the end. Is it..?.

If so, most of the films having tragedy end, met huge success including VPKattabomman, Paasa Malar, Dheivamagan, Vietnaam Veedu, Gowravam etc.
    Well, the said movies in question, did not have NT playing subdued roles all thro the movie. In most movies, he lived a king and died majestically. He did not live a pathos life.

I cannot ( I REALLY CANNOT) tolerate NT being torn to pieces emotionally thro out the movie.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thuli Visham

Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram

I actually look forward to seeing some of these early performances - after watching the magic in Andha NaaL. This one and thirumbippAr. Hope they show it on TV some time.
    Prabhu,

Have you got the DVD of Andha NaaL?
    And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roshan

I actually look forward to seeing some of these early performances - after watching the magic in Andha NaaL. This one and thirumbippAr. Hope they show it on TV some time.
    Prabhu,

I have the vcd.... Moser Baer.
    I hear the dvd is also out in Moser Baer. Going to buy soon.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roshan

Prabhu,

I have the vcd.... Moser Baer.
    I hear the dvd is also out in Moser Baer. Going to buy soon.
    Has Moser Baer got a separate outlet? AppadinnA next time anga pOganum. I have been looking for Andha NaaL for a long time. Didnt know that you had it.
    And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche

Post Thanks / Like
    They have a separate outlet. I bought just 2-3 weeks back after hearing the news that it was out, in this thread. This thread can be rewarding in many ways
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

12. Thanks senthilvel thanked for this post