Page 18 of 148 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan - Part 4

Senior Member Veteran Hubber crajkumar_be's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    KalaivignyAni Prabhu Ram

Can't wait for the next part!

P.S: I remember reading somewhere that Brando disassociated himself from the "getting into the skin of the character" thing. Correct me if i'm wrong. Shouldn't he be in the switch-off/switch-on category then? Also, i thought the dichotomy has been between method acting and spontaneous acting and though Brando belonged to the former school, he still dismissed the "getting into the skin" thing. I mean to say, is it more a question of "instinct" vs "method", than a question of "involvement" vs "detachment"? Appadi paatha Nadigar Thilagathaye namma method acting category la podalaamo?

Joe: Refer to our conversation where you said NT would observe a doctor for a short time and reproduce the mannerisms in a stunningly similar way. How do we classify this? Method or spontaneity?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rangan_08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crajkumar_be
    KalaivignyAni Prabhu Ram

Can't wait for the next part!

Appadi paatha Nadigar Thilagathaye namma method acting category la podalaamo?

Joe: Refer to our conversation where you said NT would observe a doctor for a short time and reproduce the mannerisms in a stunningly similar way. How do we classify this? Method or spontaneity?
    I think NT excelled in both the categories, bcoz, according to me, he was much concerned only about the results and not the ways & means. Moreover, he is an actor with a sound stage background where it was taught to actually " getting into the skin of the character", which obviously reflected in most of his roles.

PR has stated an incident where Laurence Olivier passed a comment on Hoffman criticising his preparation for the role which he has done painstakingly.

We cannot under-estimate the talents of method actors who are very succesful all over the world. According to Stanislavski, "Acting is not reacting, it is behaving "
    Perhaps life is just that. A Dream and a Fear. -- Joseph Conrad

Senior Member Diamond Hubber directhit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PR
    Till the full stop doesn't come, the sentence is not complete - MSD

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    பாத்திரத்திற்கு வெளியே நின்றுகொண்டு அதை ஆழ்ந்து கவனித்து நடிப்பது. இதில் நடிப்பது என்பது மிகுந்த பிரக்ஞையுடன் நிகழ்வது. சொடக்கிட்ட நொடியில் நிஜ உலகுத்துக்கும் நடிப்புலகத்துக்கும் பாய முடிய வேண்டும். வேறு பெயர்கள் இல்லாதலால் இதற்கும் வைல்ட் பெயரையே வைத்துக்கொள்ளலாம்
    நடிகர் திலகத்தின் சிறப்பாக பலரும் குறிப்பிடுவது அவருடைய ஆழ்ந்து கவனித்து உள்வாங்கு திறன் .நடிகர் திலகம் பொதுவாக எதையும் கண்டுகொள்ளாமல் மிகச்சாதாரண தோரணையில் இருப்பார் .ஆனால் ,தன்னைச்சுற்றி நடப்பவற்றையும் ,நடப்பவர்களின் உடல்மொழிகளையும் மிக நுணுக்கமாக மனதில் பதிய வைக்கும் ஆற்றல் அவரிடம் இருந்தது . தான் மனதில் பதிய வைத்ததை எவ்வித முன்னேற்பாடும் ,ஒத்திகையும் இல்லாமல் சொன்ன இடத்தில் ,சொன்னவுடன் வெளிப்படுத்திக்காட்டும் திறன் அவரிடம் அபரிமிதமாக இருந்தது. மருத்துவர் கேட்டவுடன் உடனே அவரைப்போல பாவனை செய்து காட்டியது இந்த வகை தானே?

இன்னொன்று ,இன்றைய காலகட்டத்தைப்போல் அல்லாமல் நடிகர் திலகம் உச்சியில் இருந்த காலகட்டத்தில் ஒரே நேரத்தில் குறைந்தது 3 படங்களிலாவது நடித்துக்கொண்டிருப்பார் ..அதில் ஒன்றிலே பிச்சைக்காரனாகவும் ,மற்றொன்றில் அரசனாகவும் இருந்திருக்கலாம் .வெறும் உடையையும் அரிதாரத்தையும் மாற்றிக்கொண்டால் மட்டும் வேறுபடுத்திக்காட்டி விடுகிற வேலையில்லை அது ..ஏனென்றால் சில நேரங்களில் ஒரே வருடத்தில் வந்த அவருடைய திரைப்படங்களின் கதாபாத்திரங்களின் முரண்பாடு வியப்புக்குரியது .ஆனாலும் மிகப்பெரிய தொழில் நுட்ப யுக்தியோ முன்னேற்பாட்டுக்கான அவகாசமோ இல்லாத நிலையிலும் ,ஒன்றோடொன்று தொடர்பில்லாத உடல்மொழி ,தோற்றபொலிவு கொண்ட கதாபாத்திரங்களின் வெளிப்பாட்டை தீர்க்கமாக அவரால் கொடுக்க முடிந்தது .
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sarna_blr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Joe anna...

i have seen few movies released same month ( cant able to name)...in one movie he will have belly and other no belly...
    Seven social sins:
    1.Politics without principles
    2.Wealth without work
    3.Pleasure without conscience
    4.Knowledge without character
    5.Commerce without morality
    6.Science without humanity
    7.Worship without sacrifice

Post Thanks / Like
    PR,
    உங்கள் எழுத்தைப்பற்றி நான் ஒன்று சொல்லியாக வேண்டும் .தமிழில் சினிமா குறித்த கட்டுரைகளை தியோடர் பாஸ்கரன் ,ராமசாமி போன்றவர்கள் எழுதப் படித்திருக்கிறேன் . அவ்வாறு தீவிர சிற்றிதழ் இலக்கியப்பரப்பில் சினிமா பற்றி எழுதுபவர்கள் தங்கள் மேதமையை காட்டுவதற்காகவும் ,அல்லது தனது தகுதிக்கெல்லாம் தமிழ் சினிமா ஜுஜூபி என்ற மனப்பான்மையோடு தமிழ் சினிமா குறித்து எள்ளல் தொனிக்கவே எழுதுவார்கள் ..அவர்களில் பலர் வெகுஜன மக்களின் ரசனைத் தளத்தில் நின்று தமிழ் சினிமாவை அணுகுவதில்லை .. ஆனால் உங்கள் அணுகுமுறையோ மிகுந்த மகிழ்ச்சி தருகிறது . உங்களால் வெகுஜனம் ,மேட்டிமை இரண்டு தளங்களிலும் இயங்க முடிகிறது .அதுவும் தமிழ் சினிமாவை புறக்கணிக்காமல் இது நம் சினிமா என்ற உரிமையோடு நிங்கள் எழுதுவது மிகவும் பாராட்டத்தக்கது ..வெறுமனே உயர்வு நவிற்சியாக சொல்லவில்லை ..உங்கள் தமிழ் வளமும் ,எழுத்து நடையும் ,சினிமா அறிவும் யாருக்கும் சளைத்ததல்ல ..நீங்கள் இளையர் என்ற போதிலும் ..வாழ்க!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    PR,
    உங்கள் எழுத்தைப்பற்றி நான் ஒன்று சொல்லியாக வேண்டும் .தமிழில் சினிமா குறித்த கட்டுரைகளை தியோடர் பாஸ்கரன் ,ராமசாமி போன்றவர்கள் எழுதப் படித்திருக்கிறேன் . அவ்வாறு தீவிர சிற்றிதழ் இலக்கியப்பரப்பில் சினிமா பற்றி எழுதுபவர்கள் தங்கள் மேதமையை காட்டுவதற்காகவும் ,அல்லது தனது தகுதிக்கெல்லாம் தமிழ் சினிமா ஜுஜூபி என்ற மனப்பான்மையோடு தமிழ் சினிமா குறித்து எள்ளல் தொனிக்கவே எழுதுவார்கள் ..அவர்களில் பலர் வெகுஜன மக்களின் ரசனைத் தளத்தில் நின்று தமிழ் சினிமாவை அணுகுவதில்லை .. ஆனால் உங்கள் அணுகுமுறையோ மிகுந்த மகிழ்ச்சி தருகிறது . உங்களால் வெகுஜனம் ,மேட்டிமை இரண்டு தளங்களிலும் இயங்க முடிகிறது .அதுவும் தமிழ் சினிமாவை புறக்கணிக்காமல் இது நம் சினிமா என்ற உரிமையோடு நிங்கள் எழுதுவது மிகவும் பாராட்டத்தக்கது ..வெறுமனே உயர்வு நவிற்சியாக சொல்லவில்லை ..உங்கள் தமிழ் வளமும் ,எழுத்து நடையும் ,சினிமா அறிவும் யாருக்கும் சளைத்ததல்ல ..நீங்கள் இளையர் என்ற போதிலும் ..வாழ்க!
    உண்மைதான் அண்ணா.....

பலர் இதுபோல் எழுதுவதை படித்திருக்கிறேன்.....

PR annaa stands tall daringly among them....
    Seven social sins:
    2.Wealth without work

Post Thanks / Like
    sarna_blr,
    Thanks for your comments,participation and ofcourse for your avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    sarna_blr,
    Thanks for your comments,participation and ofcourse for your avatar
    I like NT more than any heroes in Tamil cinema...then SS and SA....but I like Ajith personally more than an actor....and ofcourse Rajkumar in Kannada cine industry....

Thanks annaa...i too planning to write some comments on the movies of NT...
    Seven social sins:
    2.Wealth without work

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You Joe, sivan, rangan_08, crajkumar_be,directhit.

sarna_blr, the "defintion" so to speak by BM was just indicative of the "emphasis" he placed on reaction. i.e. how would that character respond in such an environment. In that sense it is a very general definition. There are many methods actors apply to reach it. As long as you are not reminded of the personality of the actor when seeing him then the job is well done. This is not to say that is a bad thing. Woody Allen and Goundamani are two people who excelled by playing exactly the same character in most of their films.
    I remember reading somewhere that Brando disassociated himself from the "getting into the skin of the character" thing. Correct me if i'm wrong. Shouldn't he be in the switch-off/switch-on category then?
    News to me actually. I have heard that his voice, if not mannerisms, used to linger on during the filming.Of course every one switches off. It is always a question of degree.

I mean to say, is it more a question of "instinct" vs "method", than a question of "involvement" vs "detachment"?
    both methods -no pun intended - involve preparation. I personally believe in the dictum that spontaneity requires a lot of practice
    And detachment does not mean lack of involvement. It is being able to approach the character consciously without "becoming" it so to speak. I don't think it is possible to tell from the results. (In fact that is the very point). So we cannot conclude from what we see on screen what school an actor belonged to.

Though Sivaji felt very strongly about many of the roles he played (like his own favourite VOC) many anecdotes - particularly the ones about his ability to deliver the same lines and emote for the same situation in a vareity of different ways ...at the spur of the moment- that lead me to my conclusion. This to me is just stunning.

Ok will try and get back to the topic very soon.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே