Page 66 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan - Part 4

Post Thanks / Like
    shivaji after becoming rich businessman...was stylish and awesome!

onething that shivaji stands out which even kamal dint try is "shivaji did roles which are cruel and bad by nature...with no flash back sappakattu of the charecterization!

he played villains...not anti heroes!he played the darker side and never cared about explaining the reason behind that darkness.thats how the charecters are...thats it!

he played a guy who wants his wife's sister,who doubts his wife,who tries to abduct his friends wife ... he is just completely versatile.
    OM NAMASIVAYA

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Very good post rangan_08. The extent to which you enjoyed the film is evident in the post. I owe the film a revisit as I am able to recall only a subset of the best-scenes you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    What I did not digest was IMPRACTICABLE love between sis and bro. It overrides any other passion or love. I mean ONCE u marry off ur sister, atleast in olden days, where joint family system prevailed, its better off to keep a distance and shower MORE LOVE. I felt technically those 2 characters lacked reality.
    This doomed nature of the relationship makes it all the more attractive.

There is fantastic poem by AK Ramanujan titled "Love Poem to a Wife".

It starts with the most romantic lines :

“Really what keeps us apart at the end of years
    is unshared childhood.”

I can't imagine a better line that captures the truth of that statement. The poet.narrator's wife is easily the most important person in his life (and he in hers). And over the years this will go on to be the case more and more. But none of that will change the fact they did spend an important part of their lives without knowing each other existed. What more they spent it with companions one will feel justifiably envious over.

The poem itself is presented over an evening where his wife and her brother discuss the details of their childhood home. The narrator and his sister-in-law (wife'e brother's wife) watch on mutely as the most important person in their life shares a passionate memory with someone else than themselves.
    It a fantastic moment not without a natural gnawing jealousy borne out of love.

The poem proceeds to use rather controversial allegories but it is employed beautifully. So I won't quote further....thEdi padichikkOnga

Anyway I digress..... I present this poem as an example not just of a relationship doomed by a combination of precticality and present social mores. That is exactly what makes it beautiful in this film IMO.

Their separation is eventual so they should have met it with moderation and dignity - is all easier said than done. Appidi paarthA even death is eventual - can it be faced with equanimity ?

The bricks and canes are not for you, it is only for the notion that relationships can always be guided by logic.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    rangan,

Yeah probably relationship thickens as they were thro dark and glory of their lives, dependant on each other alone.

PR,

I agree with u, may be if they had not dramatised it and presented it with elite silence, it would have sunk better.

All that dialogues was wasted on a poetic relationship. Sometimes WORDS fail to say our feelings and sometimes words SPOIL the beauty of feelings.

lesser said stronger it is!

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vicky,

In spite of being a hard core fan, you come out with what you think is correct. Hats off to your honesty.

Prabhu never ceases to amaze me. Here he comes out with a lovely concept that one of the most exciting period of one's life is not shared with the life partner in the manner as it is done with friends and relatives. Sort of a அந்நியப்பட்டு போகுதல் happens to the other partner, when these things are discussed. I have thought about this and in fact experienced the same with my friends' wives. Should we say thanks to Prabhu or to AK Ramanujam, the poet?

<End Dig>

Regards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivasaayi

onething that shivaji stands out which even kamal dint try is "shivaji did roles which are cruel and bad by nature...with no flash back sappakattu of the charecterization!

he played villains...not anti heroes!he played the darker side and never cared about explaining the reason behind that darkness.thats how the charecters are...thats it!

A REAL PROFESSIONAL!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RAGHAVENDRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pasa malar analysis

Dear Mohan,
    Your analysis of Pasa Malar makes interesting reading and takes us back to those days.
    Dear Prabhu Ram and Shakthi Prabha,
    Your viewpoints take us through the areas hitherto unexplored. What you say is correct, generally and practically speaking. But there are certain factors to be looked into the period in which the film was made, (underline period in, and not of). What all the problems we now face in human relationships have prevailed even in 50s. NT shone in his talents when human emotions had high values. He brought it perfectly in his acting. There were rifts in families for many reasons and many relationships had troubled seasons. Husband-wife, Father-son, etc. And mostly these situations occurred only when there were scope for wealth and monetary exploitations. Where it was difficult to make both ends meet, the relationship did not strain. With such kind of society prevailing, NT chose to highlight and try to solve the problems in human relationships and one of those is brother-sister relationship. All his directors took some issue or other in their themes and presented them to the society. I dont mean that cinema is a medium for conveying message, giving lectures, or like that, at the same it served as a medium for reciprocation of values with the audience. If Paasa Malar is viewed in this perspective, you would love it even more. As said, words some times spoil the emotions. I agree in full. As a visual media, cinema should speak only visually. But the generation that saw Paasa Malar initially, found solace in cinema theatres (incl. myself). While MGR used it as a medium for escape from all those worries and turmoils, NT chose to present them and find solutions.
    This kind of mutual understanding between MGR & NT took the Tamil cinema to great heights. As Andrew Moldeau said, Great Films are made by Great Audience. And those great audience gave us NT.
    I humbly feel that the period of the presentation of the subject plays vital part in the way a creation is presented.
    Raghavendran.
    விமர்சனங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட இறைவன் நடிகர் திலகம்.. கடலின் ஆழத்தை அளந்து விடலாம். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் செல்வாக்கை அளக்க முடியாது... அது பயனளிக்கும் போது தான் அதன் ஆழம் புரியும்....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram

“Really what keeps us apart at the end of years
    is unshared childhood.”

abbuuu...soobarabbbuuu
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    டியர் மோகன்,

'பாசமலர்' பற்றி எத்தனை பேர் எப்படி எழுதினாலும், படிக்கும்போது ஒவ்வொரு முறையும் புதுமையாகவே தோன்றும். ஏனென்றால், ஒருவர் குறிப்பிடாத ஒன்றை இன்னொருவர் தொட்டுக்காட்டியிருப்பார். அதற்கு உதாரணம், அந்தப்படத்தில் நடிக்கும்போது அவருக்கு என்ன வயது, அந்த இளம் வயதில் இப்படிப்பட்ட ஒரு கனமான கேரக்டர் ரோலை எவ்வளவு அழகாக, அதாவது அந்தக்கால கட்டத்தில் மட்டுமல்லாது எந்தக்கால கட்டத்திலும் பார்த்து ரசிக்கும்படியாக எவ்வளவு நேர்த்தியாக கையாண்டுள்ளார் என்று நீங்கள் விளக்கியிருப்பது.

சிவாஜியும் ஜெமினியும் தொழிலாளர் பிரச்சினைக்காக மோதிக்கொள்ளும் இடத்தில் ஆருர்தாஸின் வசனங்கள் மிக அற்புதம். "பாம்பின் காதில் மகுடி ஊதுவது அவற்றை மகிழ்விக்கவா?. காட்டில் குழிபறிப்பது யானைகளை ஒய்வெடுக்கச்செய்யவா?. இவன் உங்களுக்காக பரிந்து பேச வந்திருக்கிறான் என்று எண்ணாதீர்கள். என்மீதுள்ள தன் சொந்தப்பகையை தீர்த்துக்கொள்ள உங்களை பயன்படுத்துகிறான்" என்று, வந்திருக்கும் தொழிலாளர் கூட்டத்தை ஜெமினிக்கு எதிராக திருப்பி விடும் இடமும்,

"உங்கள் தங்கை மீது உங்களுக்குள்ள அக்கறை என் தங்கையின் மீது எனக்கும் இருக்கிறது" என்று சொல்லும் நம்பியாரிடம், "அதெப்படி இரண்டும் ஒன்றாகும்?. என் தங்கையின் நல்வாழ்வுக்காக நான் அவளுக்கு சொத்து எழுதி வைக்கிறேன். வேண்டுமானால் நீங்களும் உங்கள் தங்கைக்கு சொத்து எழுதி வையுங்களேன்" என்று மடக்கும் இடமும் அருமை.

மிக அருமையாக எழுதியுள்ளீர்கள் மோகன்....

தொடர்ந்து இதுபோன்ற படைப்புகளை அலசுங்கள், வாழ்த்துக்கள்.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    டியர் சக்திப்ரபா,

உங்கள் கருத்தை நீங்கள் சொல்லியிருக்கிறீர்கள். ஒவ்வொருவருக்கும் ஒரு தனிப்பட்ட கருத்து உண்டு, அதை வெளிப்படுத்த உரிமையும் உண்டு. அதற்காக, 'பாசமலரை குறி சொல்லி எழுதினால் தாக்ப்படுவார்கள்' என்கிற ரீதியில் நீங்கள் சொல்லியிருக்க வேண்டியதில்லை.

Yes, you no need to expect bricks and canes here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    All that dialogues was wasted on a poetic relationship. Sometimes WORDS fail to say our feelings and sometimes words SPOIL the beauty of feelings.

lesser said stronger it is!
    படம் வெளியான அந்தக்கால கட்டத்தில் (1961) எல்லாவற்றையுமே வசனங்கள் வாயிலாகவே சொல்ல வேண்டியிருந்தது. (அதற்கு முந்திய கால கட்டத்தில் பாடல்களின் மூலம் சொன்னதைப்போல). அது இப்போது, நாற்பத்தேழு ஆண்டு கால பல்வேறு மாற்றத்துக்குப்பிறகு, வசனம் தேவயற்றதாக தெரிகிறது... அவ்வளவுதான்.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by saradhaa_sn
    டியர் சக்திப்ரபா,

உங்கள் கருத்தை நீங்கள் சொல்லியிருக்கிறீர்கள். ஒவ்வொருவருக்கும் ஒரு தனிப்பட்ட கருத்து உண்டு, அதை வெளிப்படுத்த உரிமையும் உண்டு. அதற்காக, 'பாசமலரை குறி சொல்லி எழுதினால் தாக்ப்படுவார்கள்' என்கிற ரீதியில் நீங்கள் சொல்லியிருக்க வேண்டியதில்லை.

Yes, you no need to expect bricks and canes here.
    அது அப்படியில்லை சாரதா. பொதுவாக சிவாஜியின் பிடித்தமான முதல் 10 படங்கள் வரிசையில் பலருக்கு பாசமலர் இடம்பெற்றுவிடக்கூடும். I am an exception to the generally well accepted and cherished paasa malar movie அதனால் சொன்னேன். எனக்கு சிவாஜியின் படங்களில் பாசமலரை விட வேறு நிறைய படங்கள் முன் வரிசையில் நிற்கும். ஏதார்த்தம் தாங்கிய "மோட்டார் சுந்தரம் பிள்ளை" உட்பட.

பாசமலர் நான் ரசித்ததற்கு இரண்டே காரணங்கள் 1. சிவாஜி. 2. பாடல்கள்.

சிவாஜியின் ரசிகை என்று சொல்லிக்கொண்டு, பலரும் புகழும் முதல் தர படத்தை பற்றிய என் கருத்து வித்யாசப்படுவதால் அப்படி எழுதினேன். மற்றபடி அந்த வரி, ஒரு மெல்லிய நகைச்சுவைக்காக எழுதப்பட்டது

படம் வெளியான அந்தக்கால கட்டத்தில் (1961) எல்லாவற்றையுமே வசனங்கள் வாயிலாகவே சொல்ல வேண்டியிருந்தது. (அதற்கு முந்திய கால கட்டத்தில் பாடல்களின் மூலம் சொன்னதைப்போல). அது இப்போது, நாற்பத்தேழு ஆண்டு கால பல்வேறு மாற்றத்துக்குப்பிறகு, வசனம் தேவயற்றதாக தெரிகிறது... அவ்வளவுதான்.
    இதை ராகவேந்த்ரா அவர்களும் சொல்லியிருக்கிறார்கள். நானும் என் அப்பாவும், பேசிக்கொள்ளும் போதும், என் அப்பா சொன்ன கருத்தும் இது தான். ஒப்புக்கொள்கிறேன்.

எனினும் "அந்தநாள்" போன்ற க்ளாசிக் படங்கள், வசனங்களை தேவைக்கேற்றபடி சிறிதே உபயோகித்து அளவிற்கறிய வெற்றி பெற்றது. இந்த படத்தையும் அப்படிக் கையாண்டிருந்தால், என் போன்ற சிலருக்கு, இன்னும் பிடித்திருக்கும் என்பது என் தாழ்மையான அபிப்ராயம்.

இவ்வளவு பேர் ரசித்திருக்கும் இப்படத்தை, என்னால் அத்தனை அளவு ரசிக்க முடியவில்லை என்ற சிறு வருத்தம் உண்டு. எம்.என் ராஜம் கடைசி காட்சியில் வந்து அழுவார். ஏனோ என் மனம் அவருக்காகவும் கொஞ்சம் அழும். கணவரின் அன்பை முழுதாய் பெற முடியாமல் போய்விட்டதோ அவளுக்கு! என்ற நினைப்பு எழும்.