Page 67 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan - Part 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    What I did not digest was IMPRACTICABLE love between sis and bro. It overrides any other passion or love. I mean ONCE u marry off ur sister, atleast in olden days, where joint family system prevailed, its better off to keep a distance and shower MORE LOVE. I felt technically those 2 characters lacked reality.
    but for a brother who has lived his life completely for his and his sisters welfare till that and a sister who has known just her brother as a relationship till that!...i dont think its normal bro-sis relationship where the parents raise up the kids and arrange the marriage for the daughter with the brother thanni adichufying in sisters marriage with the friends.i think the scenario is completely different!

its like Aparajito of satyajit ray...any kid going for higher studies to another place may be easy for a mother in normal famly!but being separated from the son who was only relationship and for whom she has been living is completely different.

u cant ask why the mother felt that much when the son has just gone for college studies to another place
    OM NAMASIVAYA

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas
    Here are the photos taken yesterday in front of the theatre. Photos are slightly dark. We are also trying to upload a video of the same.

HTML Code:
    [img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b126/cdjm/Image027.jpg[/img]

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...m/Image026.jpg

Here is the video

Regards
    Murali,

Thanks for the stills. VM - an ever green movie, a movie for fans. I feel sad that you and rangan_08 could not make it for the weekend. These clipping bring me back my memory when I watched this movie during its one of many re-releases at Madurai New Cinema. Remember the reverberation the theater had with huge whistles and applauses during "oru kinnathai endurgiren" song - especially when NT turns and says this: அதில் நான் சக்கரவர்த்தியடா!!

A beautiful and fun-filled movie indeed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Murali, Saraadha and others:

I am sorry I couldn't come to this thread very often as much as I used to do. This is mainly due to my work load. I will try to visit as much as I could.

Additionally, Murali, as you suggested, I was browsing the padalgal palavitham thread. Beautiful write-ups on some of the NT songs (thanks for mentioning my name in Gnana Oli song). More than the songs, I am amazed with the work you did to collect various related items linked to these songs. I could see how much time and effort involved in collecting them. Great work indeed and I have no words to appreciate you and your work. Please continue amaze us. You are one of the best NT fans that this forum gave us.

Great work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rangan_08
    [tscii]
    PAASA MALAR

Rajamani Pictures – Released in 1961.

Produced by M.R. Santhanam (Actor, director Santanabharathy’s father. He also plays Thangavelu’s father-in-law character in the film) & K.Mohan (Mohan Arts – a famous cine banner artist company)
    Story : Kottarakkara ; Cinematography : G. Vittal Rao
    Dialogues : Aroordas
    Music : Viswanathan & Ramamurthy
    Playback singers : T.M. Sounderarajan, P. Susheela, P.B. Srinivas, Jamuna Rani & L.R.Eswari

To conclude, let me say PAASA MALAR is a rare gem in the crown of Tamil Cinema.

In the process of glorifying the film, I have made it as a very lengthy post. Thanks for one and all who have read this patiently.
    Rangan_08,

A great post on paasamalar. In my point of view discussing about Paasamalar is always risky, as SP rightly pointed out, it deals with a highly debatable subject - brother and sister relationship. It is not the subject itself that stirs the controversy, but the extent of a bro-sis relationship is the core of hot discussion. Believe me, I do not endorse this relationship mileage (the extent) - but this film rightly sets the tone of bro-sis relationship in Tamil movies. As every one knows, the beauty of this movie is that any other movie that copied this subject on the same wavelength has failed - that makes Paasamalar unique.

The huge success of this movie shows that more than the controversial subject, the fans and common public welcomed the depth of the performance of all stars involved - particularly two thilagams. I do not know whether core of the Paasamalar theme came from the director or NT or anyone else (other NT fans, if you know, please contribute). Looking from the versatility of the director Bhim Singh, I guess he must have come out with this subject. In addition, the director must have wanted to explore the potential of these two great actors and made the movie one of the most memorable films in tamil film history. This கூட்டணி made it and the movie made a record!

Another thing to note about this movie is that people who see this movie will be so absorbed with NT and Savithri performance and they tend to forget the core idea of the film. An amazing performance from thilagams to arrest you throughout. The NT with Savithri, along with A.Bhimsingh, gave a terrific film that speaks itself, even after almost five decades of its release. I am sure that this movie will talk itself forever!!

Keeping in mind that I last saw this movie in theater a long time back, there are couple of other scenes that come in my mind:

1. during NT's first night scene, very stylishly, our hero keeps the picture frame of gemini and savithri down. A beautiful smile, a stylish walk and without looking at the pic frame, he puts it down. All in one-that is our NT. What a class!
    2. the scene of GG and Savithri marriage. An immortal dialogue - என் கண்ணையே உன்னிடம் ஒப்படைக்கிறேன் ஆனந்தா!! I am sure that this scene must have many brothers felt proud in real life when their sisters got married. A terrific impact and always tender in heart.

Beautiful out-of-world lyrics from Kaviarasar along with mesmerizing music from V-R played a big role in the success. Talking about NT, the man always amazes you - right from walking to talking style. He would show two different NTs: one as poor and another, an arrogant rich - an appreciable contrast in performance. For me and other NT fans, we adored this movie just for his performance and showed us who he is and what is he made of.

பாசமலர் - என்றும் நினைவில் நிற்கும் ஒரு அழகான திரைக்காவியம். NT's "பா" வரிசையில் வந்த ஒரு வைரக்கல்!!

Regards

Senior Member Senior Hubber rajeshkrv's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being in a very practical world where the love for Sister couldnt be expressed obviously, the olden days of expression would be definitely not practical but those days that was the method of expression. Men used to be very emotionally attached towards sister and the family was huge with 4-5 sisters and the younger sister had the same affection as savithiri had in Paasamalar ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivasaayi
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    “Really what keeps us apart at the end of years
    is unshared childhood.”
    abbuuu...soobarabbbuuu
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas
    Should we say thanks to Prabhu or to AK Ramanujam, the poet?
    All praise to the finest Indian English poet : AK Ramanujam. I am just an enchanted reader. adiyEn Ramanuja dasan :P
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RAGHAVENDRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Atn: Prabhu Ram

Dear Prabhu Ram,
    You asked about Thuli Visham. Did you read my reply?
    Raghavendran.
    விமர்சனங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட இறைவன் நடிகர் திலகம்.. கடலின் ஆழத்தை அளந்து விடலாம். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் செல்வாக்கை அளக்க முடியாது... அது பயனளிக்கும் போது தான் அதன் ஆழம் புரியும்....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thuli Visham

- deleted repeated post-

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thuli Visham

Dunno how I missed this post !
    Thanks for the response Mr.Raghavendran.

Quote Originally Posted by RAGHAVENDRA
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    Has anyone seen the film துளிவிஷம் ? where Sivaji supposedly plays a very negative character.
    Dear Prabhuram,
    Thuli Visham was screened for a week in Chennai Plaza during the mid 1970s. And I do not know how many of even my generations would have seen that film leave alone the present generation. This film was never screened thereafter in Chennai. The film would be dragging and the only solace was NT. Though his character was negative, his style of acting will be classic. Had he played the role of hero in that film, there would not be any inspiring scenes or should it have been contrived. There is a sword fight with KRR. A memorable duet Ullam Thedaadhe Endru Sonnadhu (this song is wrongly mentioned as belonging to Edhaiyum Thaangum Idhayam), is a lovely melody in the voice of KRR. There are a few scenes where NT's style of rendering dialogues, will be a lesson for those who act in villain and negative characters. There are not many scenes for him. Overall when you leave the theatre after seeing this film Thulivisham, the only thing that would linger in you is NT.
    Raghavendran.
    I actually look forward to seeing some of these early performances - after watching the magic in Andha NaaL. This one and thirumbippAr. Hope they show it on TV some time.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rangan_08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the feedback & the lovely verses from AKR's poem PR. Pls do re-visit Paasa Malar.

Thank you Raghavendra Sir for the reply. Many more thanks once again for having included my post in your website. I feel honoured.

Thank you Vivasaayi, for your valuable comments.

Saradha mam, என் Posting-ல் விடுபட்ட பல சுவையான வசனங்களை இங்கே கொடுத்தமைக்கு நன்றி. என்னை எழுதத் தூண்டியவர்களில் நீங்களும் ஒருவர். But it seems that you are maintaining a silence now. Expecting your post very soon with another great film review.

Thanks tacinema, for your feedback. Expecting your contributions also.

Actually, in Basha, Rajni will say a dialogue...." Naan idha keattu vela seyyala (pointing his head), idha keattu vela seyyuren (pointing his heart). I watch films in the above said manner. There are films which is susceptible to serious / intelligent analysis. But there are few films where you need to surrender yourself unconditionally - and according to me Paasa Malar is one such film. After all, even the most hailed classics would have been made with atleast a single flaw in it.

Anyway, thank you all once again for the participation.
    Perhaps life is just that. A Dream and a Fear. -- Joseph Conrad