Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan - Part 4

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RAGHAVENDRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Moser Baer

Quote Originally Posted by Roshan
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    Quote Originally Posted by Roshan
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram

I actually look forward to seeing some of these early performances - after watching the magic in Andha NaaL. This one and thirumbippAr. Hope they show it on TV some time.
    Prabhu,

Have you got the DVD of Andha NaaL?
    I have the vcd.... Moser Baer.
    I hear the dvd is also out in Moser Baer. Going to buy soon.
    Has Moser Baer got a separate outlet? AppadinnA next time anga pOganum. I have been looking for Andha NaaL for a long time. Didnt know that you had it.
    Dear Roshan, Prabhu Ram & friends,
    There is a separate link provided in our site for vcds/ dvds where details of films available in vcd/ dvd published by various companies are available. Please make use of it.
    Raghavendran.
    விமர்சனங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட இறைவன் நடிகர் திலகம்.. கடலின் ஆழத்தை அளந்து விடலாம். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் செல்வாக்கை அளக்க முடியாது... அது பயனளிக்கும் போது தான் அதன் ஆழம் புரியும்....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas
    Thanks tac. Post your views and comments in that thread. We also felt bad that we could not make it to the movie. Just as you had mentioned and Mohan indicated, we had an idea to watch it till kinnathai endhugiren song and come out. You know my favourite is also the same line. But there was a personal work that could not be avoided. Another point is I was not sure if I had the "will power" to force myself to come out much before the half way mark.

Regards
    That specific scene is the best scene (more than any other scenes)for crazy NT fans. The way NT turns and says that this specific phrase carries all beauty - fans go wild. If this was the reaction during re-releases, then I would imagine how much you must have enjoyed during its original release!!??

Dont worry Murali. When time permits and when we meet for a common occasion in Madurai, we will have a special exclusive VM show for Madurai NT fans and have a big gala for Saturday night and Sunday evening shows. Central theater would be the best venue for VM, as it was one of NT's fort.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Mr.Raghavendran. I keep checking that link. I couldn't find Andha Naal in the list (though it is out on Moser Baer). And I heard the info when Mr.Murali and later raaja_rasigan mention it in this thread 2-3 weeks back.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tacinema
    Thanks tac. Post your views and comments in that thread. We also felt bad that we could not make it to the movie. Just as you had mentioned and Mohan indicated, we had an idea to watch it till kinnathai endhugiren song and come out. You know my favourite is also the same line. But there was a personal work that could not be avoided. Another point is I was not sure if I had the "will power" to force myself to come out much before the half way mark.

Regards
    That specific scene is the best scene (more than any other scenes)for crazy NT fans. The way NT turns and says that this specific phrase carries all beauty - fans go wild. If this was the reaction during re-releases, then I would imagine how much you must have enjoyed during its original release!!??

Dont worry Murali. When time permits and when we meet for a common occasion in Madurai, we will have a special exclusive VM show for Madurai NT fans and have a big gala for Saturday night and Sunday evening shows. Central theater would be the best venue for VM, as it was one of NT's fort.
    Yeah tac. Hope to do it one day at Madurai. Don't know when?

During the first release, it was sheer riot. I have told this before that I missed out the opening show and could see only the next show (matinee) which is supposed to be the quietest of the opening day shows[Opening show, night show,evening show and matinee in that order]. Even then it was wild celebrations. My cousin with whom I had gone for the matinee went for the night show also. It seems that while people waiting to catch the first glimpse of the movie went ticketless, this group could manage to get the same. And people who were seeing the movie for the first time cursed as the repeat audience group was celebrating like hell especially during the song sequences. That opening day [Sep 29,1972 - Friday] night Madurai city experienced heavy rains but even that could not deter the huge gathering and my cousin used to say that most people while watching the movie had removed their shirts as it was soaked wet and you can imagine the "scene" at New Cinema. A song and a scene that brought out the wild cheers during the entire 200 day run.

Karthik,

In fact I wanted to watch the movie and write about it but could not due to urgent work. Lets hope for the best next time.

Regards

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rangan_08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Karthik,

In fact I wanted to watch the movie and write about it but could not due to urgent work. Lets hope for the best next time.

Regards
    Murali sir, we really missed a nice chance.... Next time somehow we should make it. Let it be any NT re-release, for that matter.
    Perhaps life is just that. A Dream and a Fear. -- Joseph Conrad

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rangan_08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Murali sir,

As discussed, could you pls mention a few words about Mr Balamurugan, who was the dialogue writer for various NT films including Vasantha Maaligai, Kungumam, Pattikada pattanama...etc...??
    Perhaps life is just that. A Dream and a Fear. -- Joseph Conrad

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mohan,

Right now, I don't have any specific information on him. He is still there and recently came to understand from the Moser Baer shop at Abhiramapuram that he bought all the DVDs/VCDs for which he had written the story-dialogues. Will try to get some info for you.

Regards

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    படித்தால் மட்டும் போதுமா வி சி டி பார்த்தேன்.

இன்றும் ரசித்துப்பார்க்க முடிந்தது.

கடைசி ஷூட்டிங்ல

ஆமாம் யார் கை ட்ரிகர்ல பட்டது??

சிவாஜி இல்லை

சாவித்ரிதானா?
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RAGHAVENDRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Walking Style of NT

Dear friends,
    There is a discussion on walking style of Nadigar Thilagam in the Paadalgal Palavidham Thread. Since we cannot take too much liberty to discuss it there, I think we shall restrict the discussion there to his style in the songs. Here we can have elaborate exchange of views on the style of walk of NT. There is one scene I would like to mention. In the film Thanga Churangam, his intro would itself be very stylish. With googles he would come out from the plane in a formal suit. Then the camera would move to the police officers' campus where he would enter. Within a fraction of second he would be at officer's cabin. In this gap he would wish his colleagues as well. And the brisk pace he maintains in his walk in that scene itself is an evidence why he is called Nadigar Thilagam.
    Raghavendran.
    விமர்சனங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட இறைவன் நடிகர் திலகம்.. கடலின் ஆழத்தை அளந்து விடலாம். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் செல்வாக்கை அளக்க முடியாது... அது பயனளிக்கும் போது தான் அதன் ஆழம் புரியும்....

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two questions:

1. In Engiruntho Vandhal, NT comes as a mentally redarded personality and turns into a normal person. Are there scenes in the movie that showcases his walking style as a mentally redarded person?

2. which movie, wherein NT comes in simple white veshti and shirt, has got the best walking style?