Page 70 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan - Part 4

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    tac,

Engirundho Vandhaal definitely has many scenes where his walk when he is not normal is showcased. We have discussed about that in this thread itself. You can see the difference in the scene leading to the climax. After the fight is over, the villain jumps from the bacony and NT on seeing this regains his self. The walk before and the walk after has to be seen. Wow! What a difference!

For your second question, my answer would be Savalae Samali.

Regards

PS: Saradhaa, sometime back you were asking me whether Pazhani was remade from Hindi Upkaar or was it the other way around. I had said at that time Pazhani was remade from Upkaar but now I am given to understand that Pazhani was the original Tamil movie and Manoj Kumar on seeing the film remade it in Hindi as Upkaar and it was huge hit. I stand corrected.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rangan_08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas
    That's a good pick Murali sir. Just imagine, it's the 150th film for a great actor who has got a huge fan following, but still made into a simple film without a hype. The actual reward & honor for the great actor on completing his 150th mark came in the form of the huge success of this film. Not a single scene in which you can find him wear glossy costumes, or even a pant for that matter. Just plain veatti sattai. Hats off to the great man.

Another brilliant performance in Veatti, I would say is, Mudhal Mariyadhai & Devar Magan. Very casual.
    Perhaps life is just that. A Dream and a Fear. -- Joseph Conrad

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mr_karthik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Walking Style of NT

Quote Originally Posted by RAGHAVENDRA
    There is one scene I would like to mention. In the film Thanga Churangam, his intro would itself be very stylish. With googles he would come out from the plane in a formal suit. Then the camera would move to the police officers' campus where he would enter. Within a fraction of second he would be at officer's cabin. In this gap he would wish his colleagues as well. And the brisk pace he maintains in his walk in that scene itself is an evidence why he is called Nadigar Thilagam.
    Raghavendran.
    Last week in Mega TV they telecasted a song in 'anudha gaanam' prog from TS, 'naan pirandha nnattukendha naadu periyadhu'. NT's walking style was awsome with half slack and and a cap in head. His walk was very casual and stylish with fresh face expression, beautifully covered by Durai-Amirdham.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz
    படித்தால் மட்டும் போதுமா வி சி டி பார்த்தேன்.

இன்றும் ரசித்துப்பார்க்க முடிந்தது. (
    First thanks for watching a good movie, and your compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by thamiz
    கடைசி ஷூட்டிங்ல

ஆமாம் யார் கை ட்ரிகர்ல பட்டது??

சிவாஜி இல்லை

சாவித்ரிதானா?
    That was Balaji's hand pressed tricker.
    All the three were pulling the gun at a time. that scene will be shown for us in close up.

Shivaji's hands will be shown with black full sleeve shirt,
    Savithri's hands with bangles, and
    Balaji's hands with half slack with watch.

the hand with watch will push the tricker, so that is Balaji's hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    tac,

Engirundho Vandhaal definitely has many scenes where his walk when he is not normal is showcased. We have discussed about that in this thread itself. You can see the difference in the scene leading to the climax. After the fight is over, the villain jumps from the bacony and NT on seeing this regains his self. The walk before and the walk after has to be seen. Wow! What a difference!
    tac,

this is the one Murali sir wrote earlier about the walking style of NT in 'engirundhO vandhaaL'.

//மன நிலை பாதிக்கப்பட்டவராக வரும் போது அவர் நடையே வித்தியாசமாக இருக்கும். இடது தோளை சரித்து இடது கையால் வலது மார்பை தடவிக்கொண்டே நடப்பார். வில்லனோடு சண்டை போடும்போது கூட இது மாறாது. வில்லன் மாடியிலிருந்து விழுந்தவுடன் NT முகத்தை close up-இல் காட்டுவார்கள். பலதரப்பட்ட உணர்ச்சிகள் அதில் மின்னி மறையும். அந்த இடத்திலிருந்து திரும்பி நடப்பார், Oh! அவருக்கே உரித்தான அந்த ராஜ நடை வரும். அது மட்டுமல்ல தான் எங்கிருக்கிறோம் என்பதை போல சுற்றும் முற்றும் பார்ப்பார். அப்போது தான் போட்டிருக்கும் ஜிப்பா கிழிந்திருப்பதை (வில்லனோடு சண்டை போடும்போது கிழிந்திருக்கும்) கவனிப்பார். ஏன் கிழிந்த சட்டை அணிந்திருக்கிறோம் என்பது போல ஒரு முக பாவம் காட்டுவார், class//

Senior Member Regular Hubber mohanraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many of you seem to have enjoyed the speeches by kamal and NT. Some have asked me as to what the information on early cinema referred to by both of them was.....In response I have posted the entire lecture on Early tamil Film Pioneers in youtube made by my seniors in the field of Tamil film history.
    The first speaker Sri Theodore Baskeran was The chief post master general of Tamil Nadu and a great film history buff.His book on Tamil Cinema is a swarna kamal award winner. The Eye of the serpent.His other books include The Message Bearers.His lecture was in Tamil.
    The second speaker is the inimitable Randor Guy, a film historian of repute and a film maker too.He was a practicing advocate till his passion for films became too much to handle.He has written several Books ( The classic is Starlight Starbright - now sadly out of print).A great speaker and a prolific writer.His speech is in 3 parts, thanks to youtube,s rules and this is in Tamil too. Apologies to those who do not know the Language

I give below the links

Theodore baskeran's speech -

Randor Guy's - First part
    second part
    third part

Kamalhaasan's speech

NT's Speech -

PLEASE DO FEEL FREE TO SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH ALL FRIENDS AND LOVERS OF CINEMA
    Entertainment starts where reality ends???

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_karthik
    tac,

tac,

this is the one Murali sir wrote earlier about the walking style of NT in 'engirundhO vandhaaL'.

//மன நிலை பாதிக்கப்பட்டவராக வரும் போது அவர் நடையே வித்தியாசமாக இருக்கும். இடது தோளை சரித்து இடது கையால் வலது மார்பை தடவிக்கொண்டே நடப்பார். வில்லனோடு சண்டை போடும்போது கூட இது மாறாது. வில்லன் மாடியிலிருந்து விழுந்தவுடன் NT முகத்தை close up-இல் காட்டுவார்கள். பலதரப்பட்ட உணர்ச்சிகள் அதில் மின்னி மறையும். அந்த இடத்திலிருந்து திரும்பி நடப்பார், Oh! அவருக்கே உரித்தான அந்த ராஜ நடை வரும். அது மட்டுமல்ல தான் எங்கிருக்கிறோம் என்பதை போல சுற்றும் முற்றும் பார்ப்பார். அப்போது தான் போட்டிருக்கும் ஜிப்பா கிழிந்திருப்பதை (வில்லனோடு சண்டை போடும்போது கிழிந்திருக்கும்) கவனிப்பார். ஏன் கிழிந்த சட்டை அணிந்திருக்கிறோம் என்பது போல ஒரு முக பாவம் காட்டுவார், class//
    Thanks Murali, Karthik and others. Out of different characters in which NT's walking style was exploited, I think his walking style during duet song stands out the best. A sample:

1. Vasantha Maaligai ==> with Vanisree during Mayakkam Enna song. Especially when he holds his hand with Vanisree's and keep both hands above his head - A beautiful shot and often appears in poster.
    2. Ooty varai uravu ==> with K R Vijya during Poo Maalaiyil song. Beautiful song and handsome NT with elegant touch in walking style.
    3. Sivantha Mann ==> With Kanchana during Oru Raja raniyidam song. Nice outdoor scene in Paris with beautiful pair - NT and kanchana - great walking style

There are many like this. Other than these, I also liked his walking style in pathos song sequences. For example, in Raman Ethanai Ramanadi, during sad "Ammadi Ponnuku thanga manasu" song, though the song comes for a brief time, his expression and walking style carries subtle expression and it reflects the situation appropraitely. No wonder, during NT's introduction in Garuravam, when fans shouted that his walk can act, I realized that it was certainly true. IMO, the only tamil actor who proved that his walking can act! என்ன ஒரு பிறவி கலைஞன் நமது NT!

Regards

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    tac,

Regards

PS: Saradhaa, sometime back you were asking me whether Pazhani was remade from Hindi Upkaar or was it the other way around. I had said at that time Pazhani was remade from Upkaar but now I am given to understand that Pazhani was the original Tamil movie and Manoj Kumar on seeing the film remade it in Hindi as Upkaar and it was huge hit. I stand corrected.
    Murali, NT with simple veshti and white shirt, another movies that comes to my mind is Bharatha Vilas. He looks pretty good during "inthiya naadu en veedu" song in veshti + shirt.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RAGHAVENDRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

NT's 80th Birth Day celebrations

Dear friends,
    You may be aware that NT is completing 80 years coming October 1. His Birth Day celebrations are being planned at various levels at various places. I am happy to inform that www.nadigarthilagam.com also joins the bandwagon. It is planned to present an online discussion as a part of the celebrations by our website. If every thing goes on well, people very close to NT would be coming online. Everybody can take part in it and share their views on NT and have exchange of their ideas. This would most probably be in the last fag end of September 2008. The details, modalities are in the initial stages and once finalised, the programme would be intimated. I invite every body to be a part of the celebrations.
    Thank you, once again,
    Raghavendran.
    விமர்சனங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட இறைவன் நடிகர் திலகம்.. கடலின் ஆழத்தை அளந்து விடலாம். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் செல்வாக்கை அளக்க முடியாது... அது பயனளிக்கும் போது தான் அதன் ஆழம் புரியும்....

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber tfmlover's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Movie titles derived from Sivaji Ganesan ( movie ) songs

some movie titles derived from popular Sivaji Ganesan ( movie )songs

எங்களுக்கும் காலம் வரும்
    எங்கிருந்தோ வந்தான்
    ராமன் எத்தனை ராமனடி
    இதோ எந்தன் தெய்வம்
    பொன் மகள் வந்தாள்
    பொண்ணுக்கு தங்க மனசு
    பாலூட்டி வளர்த்த கிளி
    வீடு வரை உறவு