Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Updates on Unnale Unnale fame Vinay

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sinthiya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Updates on Unnale Unnale fame Vinay

This thread is dedicated to Unnale Unnale fame Vinay, introduced by Director Jeeva...

[html:7da21c67e2]

[/html:7da21c67e2]

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/t...ay/217842.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is an interview from the model, turned actor, Vinay ....

Part 1:

Part 2:

he speaks very well... :P

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vinay is good looking similar to Sham.... hope he doesn't go the Sham way.

Let me c how he does in Jeyamkondan (his latest film with a different get up to that of unnale unnale)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sarna_blr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    my contribution to this thread....

He acted in a telugu film called Vaana which bombed at boxoffice....
    Seven social sins:
    1.Politics without principles
    2.Wealth without work
    3.Pleasure without conscience
    4.Knowledge without character
    5.Commerce without morality
    6.Science without humanity
    7.Worship without sacrifice

Post Thanks / Like
    'Jayamkondan' ready to succeed!

After a blockbuster in 'Em Mahan', Sathyjothy Films' will commence their next production venture 'Jayamkondan' on 14 November.

The movie stars Vinay, Lekha Washington and Bhavana in lead roles. Directed by R Kannan, the movie has musical score by Vidyasagar and lyrics by Valee, Na Muthukumar, Kabilan and Yugabharathy.

The grand muhurat will be attended by Tamil Film Producers Council president Rama Narayanan, South India Film Chamber of Commerce president KRG, directors S A Chandrasekhar and Mani Ratnam at AVM Studios.

Post Thanks / Like
    Remaking ‘Kadhalika Neramillai’
    IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, February 05, 2008]

The buzz making round in Kollywood is that director Manobala has dared to remake the classic comedy fare ‘Kadhalika Neramillai’, directed by Sridhar. The hilarious entertainer was a runaway hit and has been among the favorite of movie buffs till the date.

Manobala is confident that he could recreate the magic with the current bunch of actors. Prithviraj and Vinay are tipped to be selected to play the roles of Muthuraman and Ravichandran respectively. It is believed that Manobala has approached Vadivelu to play the role of either Balaiyah or Nagesh. Vadivelu, according to sources, is yet to give his nod.

The combination of Balaiyah and Nagesh was the highlight of the movie. In fact, the scene depicting Nagesh narrating a horror story to Balaiyah has gained the status of one of the best comedy scenes of Tamil cinema. It is worth recalling that Rajini and Vadivelu have already done a similar scene in ‘Chandramukhi’ with great success.

There has been talk about remaking ‘Kadhalika Neramillai’, ever since the trend of remaking old films started. The makers of ‘Kadhalika Neramillai’ remake can draw inspiration from the success of the remakes like ‘Naan Avan Ilai’ and ‘Billa’.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sarna_blr

thanks for your contribution...nice post for a new thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinthiya

thanks for your contribution...nice post for a new thread
    drushtipottu....
    Seven social sins:
    2.Wealth without work

Post Thanks / Like
    drushtipottu....
    seen...hmm...

Post Thanks / Like
    SIN....romba feel aavaadheenga....idho...

http://filbytheboss.blogspot.com/200...e-chennai.html

I was having a discussion with couple of my friends at the local Indian store. It was the time when Unnaale Unnaale had just been released and there were some positive reviews for the movie (but they were from websites which never give negative reviews for any movie). I was like "I do not have much hope on Jeeva. His first 2 movies were good at best but nothing spectacular" and they were like "Ullam Kaetkkume was a hit, even after lying in the cans for close to 2 years. That shows the stuff he has and the trailer for U2 is very promising, needless to say about the songs". But finally, we agreed to disagree and concluded that we will meet again after we all have seen the movie. Though the supposed meeting hasn't taken place yet, I am eagerly looking forward to it, just to say "I told you so".

Man, what a crapfest this movie turned out to be. This has to be the dumbest, silliest and most ridiculous movie that I have seen recently. Even movies like Chennai Kaadhal & Deepavali (movies that I hated to the hilt) did not pretend to dwell in detail about relationships. This one while asking itself to be taken seriously in terms of how the relationship called love between 2 people needs to be handled, Jeeva makes a complete joke of himself.

Vinay thinks he can be an actor just bcos he looks good and is tall. Raju Sundaram thinks he can be a comedian just bcos he thinks he speaks Tamil in a funny way. Jeeva thinks that he can make a movie just bcos he has a producer to fund the movie, Harris Jeyaraj to compose some awesome songs and he got permission to shoot in Australia.

Raju Sundaram is one irritating character (it was partly bcos of him that I so disliked Jeans) and I sincerely feel he should be added to the list of folks who should be banned from appearing on screen. Perarasu, Pradeep Rawat, TR - that is one awful list and it is high time we add Raju Sundaram to that list. Many people might dislike different aspects in the movies. Some might not like the romance, some might not like the way the songs were picturized, some might not like Sada. But if there is one thing that everyone would dislike in the movie, it should be the comedy track. Simply disgusting. I really don't know how Jeeva even thought that these supposedly funny scenes would invoke laughter among the public. And there is one scene in the 2nd half that is simply puke-worthy.

If there is one thing in the movie that I would appreciate Jeeva for, it would be the fact that he did not commit the ultimate harakiri of including a fight sequence in the movie. Better movies with better directors have fallen to that temptation but thankfully, Jeeva saves us from that. Cinematographers who take up direction are like wicketkeeper-batsmen that Indian cricket has produced. If we ask ourselves the question, have we ever produced a wicket-keeper batsman who could be included in the team, based on his batting skills alone? the answer would be NO. The ilk of these cinematographers-cum-directors are something similar to that. Jeeva will never be a great director, same would be the case with folks like K.V.Anand, Vijay Milton, Rajeev Menon, P.C.Sriram, Thangar Bachan. They are masters of their field - cinematography but when it comes to direction, they end up being awfully short on quality.

Short advice to Jeeva - Get back to what you do best. And even if you venture into directing a movie, please stay away from dealing with something as intricate as a relationship between a guy and a girl. You stink at it and stop torturing us. Easily my worst movie of the year.
    Seven social sins:
    2.Wealth without work

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast