Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamal - Creator vs Actor

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://entertainment.in.msn.com/southcinema/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1366172

"Novelty was supposed to be Kamal’s USP. Behind that popular façade was a narrow-minded formula aimed purely at hoodwinking the critic. Discerning observers knew that he was a predictable actor. Beneath the makeup the midget cried exactly like the lunatic. The revelation that Kamal had never ever ventured beyond mimicking was a painful one indeed. The actor continued his affair with trophies and citations, but the interest he generated seemed as artificial and forced as his work. Predictability became a predicament with the not-too-blinded Kamal Haasan fan. He always knew what his hero was going to do next."

"‘Hey Ram’. A courageous foray into a ‘forbidden’ topic, the film could very well merit the king’s crown among India’s period features. Kamal Haasan, the actor, was skin deep as always. The French Kiss fetish was still there. So was self-love. But the real gift was the final slide of the opening titles that gave the hitherto “interfering actor” the credit for the creatives."

"Kamal had been an idol that refused to accompany me from my childhood to teenage. Somewhere along the way, I stopped being a Kamal devotee. The “great range” seemed to be a contrived career strategy. And the man had, by then, resorted to veiled mimicking and fancy dress shows on screen. Gum shields for ‘Nayakan’, protruding canines and jelly belly for ‘Indran Chandran’, the “unknown trick” behind the Apu midget… Kamal Haasan was fast moving out of the actor’s realm into that of the street magician."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber kalyan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    mods, please delete this post. the author in microsoft is strongly anti-kamal and he has expressed his hatred for kamal's acting. the same link was also posted in the Orkut KH community about 15 days back and it was promptly deleted. both bala and DM know about this.

Quote Originally Posted by irir123

"Novelty was supposed to be Kamal’s USP. Behind that popular façade was a narrow-minded formula aimed purely at hoodwinking the critic. Discerning observers knew that he was a predictable actor. Beneath the makeup the midget cried exactly like the lunatic. The revelation that Kamal had never ever ventured beyond mimicking was a painful one indeed. The actor continued his affair with trophies and citations, but the interest he generated seemed as artificial and forced as his work. Predictability became a predicament with the not-too-blinded Kamal Haasan fan. He always knew what his hero was going to do next."

"‘Hey Ram’. A courageous foray into a ‘forbidden’ topic, the film could very well merit the king’s crown among India’s period features. Kamal Haasan, the actor, was skin deep as always. The French Kiss fetish was still there. So was self-love. But the real gift was the final slide of the opening titles that gave the hitherto “interfering actor” the credit for the creatives."

"Kamal had been an idol that refused to accompany me from my childhood to teenage. Somewhere along the way, I stopped being a Kamal devotee. The “great range” seemed to be a contrived career strategy. And the man had, by then, resorted to veiled mimicking and fancy dress shows on screen. Gum shields for ‘Nayakan’, protruding canines and jelly belly for ‘Indran Chandran’, the “unknown trick” behind the Apu midget… Kamal Haasan was fast moving out of the actor’s realm into that of the street magician."
    Keep digressing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kalyan
    mods, please delete this post. the author in microsoft is strongly anti-kamal and he has expressed his hatred for kamal's acting. the same link was also posted in the Orkut KH community about 15 days back and it was promptly deleted. both bala and DM know about this.

kalyan, ithu HUB.. inge naanum, bala-vums MODs illai..

inge konjam adjust panni thaan poganum.. ingeyum, namma control irunthuchunaa bore adikumla..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devar Magan

inge konjam adjust panni thaan poganum.. ingeyum, namma control irunthuchunaa bore adikumla..
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent writeup...I like it en karuthugalodu othu Poguthu nerayavae

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO, This guy seems to be lesser known of other great performances like sappani, Kuruthipunal, Moonram pirai, mahanadhi, heyram, VNS, MMKR, Nizhalgal, Sathileelavathi and many more. Nottai sollanumne ezhuthuvanuga pola irukku
    Quote Originally Posted by Devar Magan
    Quote Originally Posted by kalyan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer
    IMHO, This guy seems to be lesser known of other great performances like sappani, Kuruthipunal, Moonram pirai, mahanadhi, heyram, VNS, MMKR, Nizhalgal, Sathileelavathi and many more. Nottai sollanumne ezhuthuvanuga pola irukku
    Growing out of being the fan of 'kamal the Actor' and embracing 'kamal the Creator/Director' is Nottai Sollufying for you
    After Reading the synopsis itself i knew KSR'kkum intha padathukkum entha sambandhamum illa. 'My foot he doesnt know about parallel universes travelling across space-time et all' Appadinnu Kathanum pola irukku!!! 4th dimesionna ennannu KSR kitta kaetta ithukku badhil kedaichudum :P Aanalum Kamal the creator is going and hiding behind the kamal the actor and pushing KSR to the forefront. Ennathukku Ivalo Bayapadraarnnu thaan puriya maatenguthu

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    RS,
    neenga thaan antha article ah ezhuthunatha

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you can read the entire article from a kamal hater prism you can understand what i say . Otherwise no point in discussing
    Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer
    Growing out of being the fan of 'kamal the Actor' and embracing 'kamal the Creator/Director' is Nottai Sollufying for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    RS,
    neenga thaan antha article ah ezhuthunatha
    Kittathatta naan ezhuthina maathiriyae irukku

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast