Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meditation

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Meditation

The Meditation is very good very health and also keeping down our temperness.

It will keep you cool and fresh at your work.

So just do meditation to keep u healthy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mr. Srilu,

This is Not anything NEW you have said... but what many wise people are advising since several centuries....

... which was LAUGHED AT by the Westerners.... and...

... Subsequently they are the FORE-RUNNERS in the present day world.!

If you want to make this Thread PURPOSEFUL and MEANINGFUL....

Please tell YOUR EXPERIENCE before and after taking up Meditation.

To start with .... Please reply the below-mentioned ..

.... Lay-man's Questions... in a Practical manner ...

Uniquely.... INTERESTING. .... THOUGHT-PROVOKING...

... and CONVERSATIONAL.... on Why and How?

Differing in presentation from the lot of Books already available on the Subject., Internationally.

(1) What is Meditation? Is it a THERAPY ? ... or .. A DAILY ROUTINE like washing Teeth and Taking Bath?... How and Why?.

(2) What made you CHOOSE this Process of Meditation?

(3) What Realistic Benefit you got out of Meditation?

(4) In What way the People who practice Meditation and others who DO NOT.... can DISCERN and feel different by this practice?

(5) What is your SUGGESTION or ADVICE to any Seeker based on YOUR EXPERIENCE? .

.... and the like....

.... I too will join with you... time to time ...

.... Sharing the Practical-Knowledge and EXPERIENCE of Mine too !!!

By taking up such a HEALTHY APPROACH...

..... You will be doing a WORTHY SERVICE .... to the Global-Society.
    Most INVALUABLE TREASURE is.. Time.
    Spend it MEANINGFULLY Spread effectively.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My dad's been meditating everyday since he was in his twneties, I've never seen him angry. That's because of meditation right?
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Regular Hubber Cindy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sudhama...

I am not wise enough to explain all about meditation... but as you said...meditation in my experiences..

Have you ever wondered where to keep a thing in your fully stuffed cupboard, not even able to close as things are pushing out?...but there would be enough space there after arranging things inside properly and removing the unwanted things out?...or sometimes even without removing anything... you will find enough space...

I once realized that my mind too is stuffed with too many junks and dont remember a thing when i need it... and think of it when i am trying to remember something else.... and my teacher gave me this wonderful tool - meditation. when you do meditation with proper breathing....it calms your mind and your brain gets enough oxygen for its proper function and you WILL see the difference ...the magic that works on you.

"Neuroscientists have found that meditators shift their brain activity to different areas of the cortex - Brain waves in the stress-prone right frontal cortex move to the calmer left frontal cortex. In other words, they were calmer and happier than others."

You will be able to remain calm in any situation.(YEs Surya, thats right).

It encourages deeper understanding of yourself and others. Thus you will follow your chosen path with more precision. It will be easier for you to stand up for yourself and, therefore, your relationships with others will improve.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber madhu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi !

till today I am confused about meditation ! In prayer and during some work.. we are concentrating and is it not giving you the result of meditation..? Exactly why we have to sit and do it.. ? Plz anyone explain.. Plz dont use high level words... Just tell me in layman's worlds..

Post Thanks / Like
    Sudhama,

Neengha Krishnarin aaruyir nanabar aiche

Quote Originally Posted by Sudhaama

(1) What is Meditation? Is it a THERAPY ? ... or .. A DAILY ROUTINE like washing Teeth and Taking Bath?... How and Why?.

Meditation derives from HINDUISM, it's basic technique is 'Self Realisation', that is to understand, that this body is not yours, you are only the Athma, and the world and every thing that you indulge in this material world during this era 'Kali Yuga' is all ‘Maya’ (Illusion).

Hence the ONLY purpose of Meditation (have) is to liberate the 'ATHMA' from this 'Maya' with the ‘Paramatha’ (the Ultimate truth)

This is why Maheshwar (Maha means Big, Iswar means the Ultimate truth, in this case Lord Shiva, hence the name Maheshwar), Lord Shiva, who comprises of Lord Vishnu & Brahma is the supreme Personality of God head, his Shivalingam denotes this.

If you look at a Typical Picture of Lord Shiva, he shows (poses) how meditation should be done; he sits with Legs Crossed, and thread of 108 beads in his one hand
    And the other one resting on a stick, with his eyes closed, all the energy is concentrated on his 'Kundala' his forehead,
    This is called meditation, as per my knowledge.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber ramurugan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Srilu,

I am very much interested in learning Yoga, Meditation & Pranayama... Anyone to guide me.... I am in Chennai....

Murugu...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ve not learnt proper meditation. I understand anyway of concentrating on anything pleasing is a form of meditation. Generally When alone, I close my eyes, and visualise greenery and I am wandering along the greenery with carefree mind. Sometimes just the greenery would suffice.

Then at some point of time, thoughts arises would be lessened.
    I have experienced a jolt or two of sudden surge of energy and immy got up from meditation. I was I agree, lil scared to go beyond that. I AM STILL LIL SCARED to do beyond that.

Unfortunately, I dont have any proper guru, who has initiated me to do meditation. What I do is, just my own kinda meditation.

Mediation has foll benefits.

1. RELAXES U
    2. REFRESHES U
    3. MAKES U EXPERIENCE PEACE FROM DEEP WITHIN

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    3. MAKES U EXPERIENCE PEACE FROM DEEP WITHIN
    that is what is called 'Athma'

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghu