Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Animation movies

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarna
    Quote Originally Posted by Puliyan_Biryani
    I am yet to see this, but is it better than WALL-E and Up?
    what is Up ?
    This is Up
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1049413/

Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982
    My rating: Wall-E > HTTYD >>Up
    Thanks master. Only seen Wall-E so far (best animation movie I have seen). HTTYD and Up - irukku, paakkanum .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Up um nalla thaan irukkum..
    enakku vairsai padutha theriyala..
    aaniyae pudunga venaam!

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked UP too. Compared with other Pixar films, it was little boring and less rewatch value

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Jyothsna's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me, HTTYD is better than Wall-E ..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a big fan of animation movies right from Lion King, Toy Story I days. I certainly feel these movies not just for kids. I see more value and emotions in these films compared to mainstream hollywood movies. Also, I become a child when watching the film. Again, the best reason to watch these movies for the songs and the scores.

The composers are truly magnificient. Randy Newman, Michael Giacchino, Hans Zimmer, Elton John, the list goes on...

Up - Carl goes up -Michael Giacchino

What a composition, whenever I listen to this music, I cannot avoid tears. This song has so much emotion (highlight being it is just an instrumental) This song also blends the tune of another great score called 'Married Life' from the same film. The composer would have blended excellently both these songs into this song. Never tired of listening to these songs again and again.

Toy Story 3 - So Long - Randy Newman

This score is from Toy Story 3, which comes at the end, when Andy leaves to college leaving behind all the toys to another kid. After watching this film, no one will treat the toys in the same way. We will even think those toys are still alive. I have even purchased Woody and Buzz Light (at this age) and kept on my desk and would feel like they are talking to me. That's is the impact the the film and the score gives. Again Randy Newman a great composer and singer.

These are just two scores, from the mighty line-up of animation films. "Cars", "The Incredibles", "Ratatouille" and A Bug's Life" again big scores.

There is even a CD I bought recently titled "Disney/Pixar Greatest Hits", which almost includes all of best scores from these films. I have played that CD around 500 times still playing. Never tired. This is what I call soul in the composition.

Waiting for 'Cars 2' and 'Kung Fu Panda 2' coming summer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ratatouille
    brilliant film...the details of the animations.. ..very funny and enjoyable film..
    Say My Name

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ratatouille

Raghavendran,
    Yes, it's an excellent movie and concept. Every time pixar is coming up with new concepts, which is what I like about them. Again, one of the biggest asset for such type of films is music. We can drown ourselves in the music. Ratatouille also has some nice scores, especially this french song composed by Michael Giacchino.

The song is nicely structured (I think with only synth), yet the soul is not at all compromised. I think the accordian which comes around 1:38 blew me off. The singing by Camille and the choir is so sweet. Great song and a perfect example on how to use minimal orchestration and sound beautiful. And it goes well in the movie too and you can imagine Paris at the backdrop of this song, it will fit in correctly.

"Wall Rat" - Another great score from the movie (my favorite score)
    Please hear from 0:52, flute sonata with violins. Wow! absolutely amazing!!

"End Credit" I always love end credits as there is no limit for composer to cut short anything due to a scene and also need not worry about the scene, just that the tune has to flow like a river. More freedom is there.

Other scores are also available in the related videos, it's a treat to hear them again and again.

Michael Giacchino is one genius of a composer in this modern age IMHO.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rapunzel - A Tangled Tale
    The best animation movie of this year!
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Spirited Away

Whatay loully marvellous film.
    YeesuallA enakku indha pillaingaLukkAga creatyuwA imagine paNrEnnu solravaingannAlE oru allergy. But this one overcame all the cynicism.

மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567