Page 14 of 150 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan - Part 5

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rakesh,

Excellent. I know that something is cooking when you said that you had been writing the review. But when it got delayed, I thought that you were getting into the nuances. But this angle is different.

Now coming to the film, at the very outset it had a unique thing. An actor playing two different roles but not blood related ones. Though this was earlier tried by Chandrababu, this was the first time it was tried in a mythological film and that too by a Hero.

Rakesh, as you rightly said, the film is out and out based on an argument and if you care to check, the events that unfold on the screen would be so fast paced that you would start to feel that the story is happening on a single day.

I would say APN as a dialogue writer was brilliant. The arguments he advanced on behalf of all the three were interesting and the special attraction was he used them to highlight the situations that were prevailing at that point of time. While talking about Veeram, APN pinpointed the Chinese and the Pakistani aggression that happened a year before the release of SS. [1965 Sep - Pak War and 1966 Sep 3rd - SS release]. The dialogue would be something like this வீரம் மட்டும் இல்லையென்றால் அந்நிய நாட்டான் நமது நாட்டின் மீது படை எடுக்கிறான், நமது பகுதியை வசமாக்கி கொள்ளப் பார்க்கிறான்.

Kannadasan's pen had a field day for this movie. The lyrics were extraordinary. The one you left out, Kalviyaa Selvamaa Veeramaa, had seperate charanams for all the three. Especially the lines

படித்தவன் கருத்தெல்லாம் சபை ஏறுமா; பொருள்
    படைத்தவன் கருத்தானால் சபை மீறுமா;
    படித்தவன் படைத்தவன் யாராயினும்
    பலம் படைத்து விட்டால் அவனுக்கு இணையாகுமா

summarised the happenings of the world.

அகர முதல எழுத்தெல்லாம் was a class on its own. Kannadasan had once said that it was a challenge thrown by APN at him when he asked him to start every line with a உயிரெழுத்து. Mama tuned the lyrics after it was written. TMS was at his very best. But of course that one man simply beat all of them hands down.

Regarding Rani Maharani, it was included for the common man (like பார்த்தா பசு மரம்) and that proved a great hit.

Vidyapathi was created out and out for NT. The transformation from a dumb to the man with a gift of the gab was superbly done by NT. The make up and the costume and the hair do all added up. Especailly the blue silk costume. The entire theatre would be waiting for that moment. When KRV asks the pulavar to be brought in, the question GG asks and KRV replies would add pep.

யாரந்த புலவர்?

வருவார் பாருங்கள்.

காமிரா திரும்ப, நடையிலே நூறு வகை காட்டியவன் ராஜ நடை நடந்து உள்ளே நுழைந்து, ராகேஷ் சொன்னது போல எனக்கு முன் நீங்கள் எல்லாம் எம்மாத்திரம் என்ற பார்வையை முகத்திலே தவழ விட்டு அங்கே வீசப்படும் கேள்விகளையெல்லாம் அலட்சியமாக எதிர் கொண்டு இறுதியில் சிறை தண்டனை பெற்று போகும் வரை அங்கே அரங்கேறும் ஸ்டைல் யாராலும் வெல்ல முடியாத ஒன்று.

ஆலய தரிசனத்தின் போது ராணியின் கண்கள் அலை பாய்வதை கண்டு ஒரு விஷம புன்னகையுடன் "அங்கொரு கண்ணும் இங்கொரு கண்ணும் ஆலய வழிப்பாடில்லை" என்று பாடுவது. இப்படி சொல்லிக் கொண்டே போகலாம்.

One interesting info was in the climax, when the elephant comes for beheading Vidyapathi, NT acted without dupe. You could see him lying down when the elephant lifts his leg. Ganesha was aware of Ganesan and no harm came.

Rakesh, never thought that I am going to write down so much when I opened the PC. Your post made me to.

Regards

PS: Rakesh, saw beautiful Devika and majestic NT recently.

PS 2: Senthil, sorry. Work pressure. Would try to contibute as much as I could.

2. Thanks senthilvel thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Murali-sar,

Thank you for your words. I am glad that I made you to write a mini-review, as did Saradha madam.

As I mentioned to Harish, you and madam has the capability to transport, with your beautifully chosen words to the screen…nay, inside the film itself.

“Ganesha was aware of Ganesan” – Awesome Murali-sar. Like a recent famous dialogue, NTs films are to be experienced, not to be just viewed.

Thanks also for pointing out the Chinese/Pakistan aggression. Last night I watched it again, not in full, for the third time in one month’s time.

Devika and NT? I wonder which film you saw…
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Devika and NT? I wonder which film you saw…
    neela vaanam?

but nothing to beat the grace of iravum nilavum malarattumE
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas
    Ganesha was aware of Ganesan and no harm came.

Senior Member Senior Hubber kalnayak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting. Great write-ups from all the three about SS.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now coming to the film, at the very outset it had a unique thing. An actor playing two different roles but not blood related ones. Though this was earlier tried by Chandrababu, this was the first time it was tried in a mythological film and that too by a Hero.
    ஆம். உண்மையில் இது யாரும் எதிர்பாராத ஒன்று...

அதிலும் நாரதருக்கும், புலவர் வித்யாபதிக்கும்தான் நடிப்பில் எத்தனை வித்தியாச பரிமாணங்கள். மூன்று தேவியரும் ஒரே இடத்தில் ஒன்று சேர்ந்து நாரதரை மடக்கும்போது ஒவ்வொருவரிடமும் போய் அவர்களுக்கு ஏற்றாற்போல பதில் சொல்வது, நிச்சயம் தற்கால அரசியல்வாதிகளின் இரட்டை நாக்குகளை... இல்லையில்லை, பல நாக்குகளை மனதில் வைத்து ஏ.பி.என். எழுதியதாக இருக்கக்கூடும்.

சரஸ்வதியிடம்... "தாயே, செல்வம் நிலையில்லாதது. அதனால்தான் பெரியோர்கள் அதற்கு செல்வம், செல்வம் செல்வோம் என்று பெயர் வைத்திருக்கிறார்கள்"

லட்சுமியிடம்... "தேவி, ஒருவன் என்னதான் கல்வி கற்றிருந்தபோதிலும், செல்வம படைத்தவனிடம் சென்று அவனைப்பாடி, பரிசில் பெற்றுத்தான் வாழ்க்கை நடத்தியிருக்கிறார்கள்".

சக்தியிடம்... "தேவி, ஒரு நாடு என்னதான் கல்வியும் செல்வமும் நிறையப் பெற்றதாக இருந்தாலும், அங்கே வீரம் இல்லையென்றால் அந்த நாடு நாளை மாற்றான் கையில்".

I would say APN as a dialogue writer was brilliant. The arguments he advanced on behalf of all the three were interesting and the special attraction was he used them to highlight the situations that were prevailing at that point of time. While talking about Veeram, APN pinpointed the Chinese and the Pakistani aggression that happened a year before the release of SS. [1965 Sep - Pak War and 1966 Sep 3rd - SS release]. The dialogue would be something like this வீரம் மட்டும் இல்லையென்றால் அந்நிய நாட்டான் நமது நாட்டின் மீது படை
    ஆம், சரஸ்வதி சபதம் 1966-ல் வெளியான போதிலும், 1965 இறுதிகளில் படப்பிடிப்பில் இருந்ததால், இந்திய-பாகிஸ்தான் போரின் எஃபெக்ட் அந்த வசனங்களில் வெளிப்பட்டிருக்க வாய்ப்புள்ளது. சின்ன சின்ன, துல்லியமான விஷயங்களைக்கூட மிகத்தெளிவாக உங்கள் பதிவில் புகுத்தி விடுகிறீர்கள். அதனால்தான் உங்கள் பதிவுகள் MORE INFORMATIVE ஆக இருக்கின்றன.

Kannadasan's pen had a field day for this movie. The lyrics were extraordinary.
    படித்தவன் கருத்தெல்லாம் சபை ஏறுமா; பொருள்
    படைத்தவன் கருத்தானால் சபை மீறுமா;
    படித்தவன் படைத்தவன் யாராயினும்
    பலம் படைத்து விட்டால் அவனுக்கு இணையாகுமா

summarised the happenings of the world.
    ஒன்றுக்குள் ஒன்றக கருவானது - அது
    ஒன்றினுள் ஒன்றான பொருளானது
    ஒன்றையொன்று பகைத்தால் உயர்வேது - மூன்றும்
    ஓரிடத்தில் இருந்தால் நிகர் ஏது

மூன்று தலைமுறைக்கு நிதி வேன்டுமா - காலம்
    முற்றும் புகழ் வளர்க்கும் மதி வேண்டுமா
    தோன்றும் படை நடுங்கும் பலம் வேண்டுமா - இவை
    மூன்றும் துணையிருக்கும் நலம் வேண்டுமா

பதினெட்டாவது ரீலின் கடைசியில் ஏ.பி.என். மூன்று தேவியரின் வாய் வழியாக சொல்லவிருப்பதை படத்தின் முதல் பாடலிலேயே சொல்லிவிட்டுப்போய் விட்டார் கவியரசர்.

அகர முதல எழுத்தெல்லாம் was a class on its own. Kannadasan had once said that it was a challenge thrown by APN at him when he asked him to start every line with a உயிரெழுத்து. Mama tuned the lyrics after it was written. TMS was at his very best. But of course that one man simply beat all of them hands down.
    உண்மையைத்தவிர வேறொன்றுமில்லை....

அதிலும் குறிப்பாக, கம்பீரமான சிரித்த முகத்தோடு
    "உயிர்மெய் எழுத்தெல்லாம் தெரிய வைத்தாய்"
    என்ற வரிக்கு முகபாவம் காட்டியவர், சட்டென்று சோகம் கப்பிய முகபாவத்தோடு, நாக்கு தழுதழுக்க
    "ஊமையை வாய் திறந்து பேசவைத்தாய் அம்மா பேச வைத்தாய்"
    (அடுத்த 'அகரமுதல எழுத்தெல்லாம்' என்ற வரிகளைக் கேட்க முடியாத அளவுக்கு கைதட்டல்).

Regarding Rani Maharani, it was included for the common man (like பார்த்தா பசு மரம்) and that proved a great hit.
    இருந்தாலும், வித்யாபதியின் தரத்துக்கு இப்பாடல் சற்று சறுக்கல்தான். தியேட்டரிலேயே கூட குரல்கள் எழுந்தன.. "மகாராணி கேட்கும்போது பாட மாட்டேன் என்றவர், ஒரு சிப்பாய் கேட்கும்போது ஏன் பாடுகிறார்?"

One interesting info was in the climax, when the elephant comes for beheading Vidyapathi, NT acted without dupe. You could see him lying down when the elephant lifts his leg. Ganesha was aware of Ganesan and no harm came.
    ஆகா... இப்படி இடம் பார்த்து அடிக்க உங்களால் மட்டுமே முடியும். என்ன ஒரு சிலேடை நயம்.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome Saradha mdm. Yes, the lyrics are powerful.

I like the scene where Narathar sways from one goddess to another. Nallaa samaalippaaru….you can’t just get a comedian to do that (that is why other Narathar’s are not memorable), but someone with strong wit and ability to project humour as well. You know he is scared, but he still dares to jump from one goddess to another.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    நான் முதன்முதலாக சசபதம் பார்த்தபோது எனக்கு சுமார் 10 வயதிருக்கும்.1985 அல்லது 86 என நினைக்கிறேன்,பெங்கலூர் காவேரி தியேட்டரில் rerelease செய்தபோது பார்த்தது.எனக்கு இன்னும் நினைவிருக்கிறது,கல்வியா,செல்வமா பாடலுக்கு ரசிகர்கள் செய்த ஆரவாரம், அப்பப்பா,இப்போது நினைத்தாலும் புல்லரிக்கிறது.நடிகர்திலகத்தின் ஒவ்வொரு பாடலுக்கும்,அவர் kvயை சந்திக்க அரன்மனைக்கு வரும்போதும் சில்லரை காசுக்களை அள்ளி வீசிக்கொண்டே இருந்தனர்.எனக்கு அவ்வளவாக சொல்ல தெரியவில்லை,murali sir is great in narrating the theatre events.after that i have watched SS several times but the first experience is still fresh in my mind.
    TAMIL THAAYIN THALAIMAGAN NADIGARTHILAGAM

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    devika-NT - Bale Pandiya? Aandavan Katalai?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    devika-NT - Bale Pandiya? Aandavan Katalai?
    கீழ்க்கண்டவற்றுள் ஏதோ ஒன்று...

பாவ மன்னிப்பு
    பலே பாண்டியா
    அன்னை இல்லம்
    ஆன்டவன் கட்டளை
    கர்ணன்
    அன்புக்கரங்கள்
    சாந்தி
    முரடன் முத்து
    நீலவானம்