Page 114 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1491

Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan - Part 5

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    நேற்றிரவு வசந்த் தொலைக்காட்சியின் 'சிங்கத்தமிழன் சிவாஜி' நிகழ்ச்சியில், திரு ராம்குமார் அவர்கள் தயாரிப்பாளர், இயக்குனர் திரு வி.சி.குகநாதனைப்பற்றிச் சொல்ல்லும்போது, குகநாதனே நேரடியாக தொலைக்காட்சியில் தோன்றிப் பேசினார். பிசிறில்லாத தெளிவான கணீர்க்குரலில், தனக்கும் நடிகர்திலகத்துக்கும் இருந்த திரையுலகத் தொடர்பு பற்றியும், அதற்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட குடும்ப உறவு பற்றியும் விளக்கமாகச்சொன்னார். தான் 'ராஜபார்ட் ரங்கதுரை' படத்தைத் தயாரித்ததில் இன்றளவும் பெருமைப்படுவதாகவும், அந்தப்பெருமை தன் உயிர் இருக்கும்வரை தொடர்ந்து இருக்கும் என்று உணர்ச்சி வசப்பட்டார்.

ராஜபார்ட் ரங்கதுரை படத்தைப் பெருந்தலைவர் பார்த்து பாராட்டிய விஷயத்தை அவர் சொன்னபோது, சென்ற ஆண்டு என் தந்தை சொன்னதை இங்கே நான் பதித்திருந்தது அப்படியே நினைவுக்கு வந்தது. படத்தைப்பார்க்க அழைத்தபோது, இப்போதெல்லாம் தான் சினிமா பார்ப்பதில்லையென்று பெருந்தலைவர் மறுத்தார் எனவும், படத்தில் தேசியத்தை வலியுறுத்தும் காட்சிகள் நிறைய இடம் பெற்றிருப்பதைச் சொல்லி அழைத்ததும் தலைவர் வந்து பார்க்க ஆரம்பித்தவர், சிறிது நேரத்தில் படத்தோடு ஒன்றி விட்டார் என்றும், பகவத்சிங், திருப்ப்பூர் குமரன் ஆகியோர் இறக்கும் காட்சிகளில் அவர் கண்கலங்கினார் என்றும் சொன்னார். படம் முடிந்து வெளியே செல்லும்போது தன்னுடைய கைகளைப்பிடித்துக்கொண்டு, "படம் நல்லா இருக்கு. இதே மாதிரி நல்ல படங்களா எடுங்க" என்று பெருந்தலைவர் பாராட்டிச்சென்றது, தன் வாழ்க்கையில் தான் பெற்ற பெரிய விருது என்று சொன்னார். இன்றளவும் ராஜபார்ட் ரங்கதுரை தனக்கு பேர்சொல்லும் ஒரு படமாகத்திகழ்கிறது என்று மனம் நெகிழ்ந்தார் குகநாதன்.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    hey grouch, what do you think of remaking NT's movies. Yes? No? Maybe? If yes, chew some cud, no?
    It has been done already, Plum. Except they were not called official remakes.

Rajini's Mullum Malarum is a beautiful reinterpretation of Pasa Malar. So does Padikathavan, though it is a Hindi remake, does it not remind you of NT and the Pa varisai films, as would Darmadurai? What about Kamal's Per Sollum Pillai, it was intentionally made with NTs early 60s films in mind and they hired KSG for the story. Let's not even talk about Karnan's remake. These are good interpretations.

And then there are podipassangga remakes. Totally unacknowledged one where due credits are not given. There was a Vijay film where Simran would not know who he really is owing to her blindness, does that not remind you of Niraikoodam?

Avavan kaapi adichittu busyyaa poykittirukkaangga. Ippo ethukku remake-u podalangga ellam

chew cud-nu sonnA....

I am not interested in the channeling efforts. Ofcourse, any actor would channel Sivaji Ganesan. I dont count those at all.
    I am talking of serious remakes, reinterpretations.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Thamiz, Pazhani comes to my mind.

There are only two actors who can do and have done NT film remakes - Rajini and Kamal.

It's amazing how sometimes when you think carefully, how some films have immediate narrative connection to some NT films.

Take Rajini's Muthu, for example. Sure, it is a Malayalam remake, but the film that came to my mind when I think about it is one with similar title, Muradan Muthu. Strange, considering both are remakes.

Just for fun.

Rajini's close relationship and loyalty to Sarath Babu, then he was forced to leave.
    NT's close relationwhip and loyalty with Banthulu then he was forced (though it was his decision) to leave.

Ride on horse carriage with philosophic song.
    Muthu: Oruvan Oruvan Muthalali.
    M.Muthu: Ponnaasai Kondoorku Ullam Illai.

Rajini has love affair with someone of his own status, Meena.
    NT has love affair with someone of his own status, Devika.

The end.
    Rajini becomes part of the Jameen.
    NT becomes part of Jameen (Asokan's family)

Of course, I did some selective thinking there, but you get the point.

Oh, did I mention that both lead characters name are the same :P
    I have seen muradan muththu but I dont remember anything about the movie. Only thing I remember is shivaji used to scare a child or of that sort.

Good analogy, Groucho!
    This is a very big world!

Post Thanks / Like
    Groucho:

We discussed about this earlier, R Madhavan's * Priyasakhi can be called as a remake of NT's P Madhavan directed, "pattikkAda pattNamA"

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tamizh,
    Another notable one .. Sabash Meena - ULLaththai aLLiththaa
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    இன்று அக்டோபர் 29-ந் தேதி. 39 வருடங்களுக்கு முன்பு இதே நாளில் தான் எங்கிருந்தோ வந்தாளும் சொர்க்கமும் வெளியானது.இரண்டும் நூறு நாட்கள். ஒரு ஊரில் மட்டும் அல்ல. தமிழகத்தின் முக்கியமான ஐந்து ஊர்களில் நூறு நாட்களை கடந்தது. ஊமை படங்களின் காலம் தொட்டு அது வரை, ஏன் அதற்கு பின்னரும் சரி எந்த கொம்பாதி கொம்பனாலும் சாதிக்க முடியாத சாதனையை இரண்டாவது முறையாக [முதல் முறை 1967 -ல் ஊட்டி வரை உறவு, இரு மலர்கள்] நடிகர் திலகம் செய்துக் காட்டிய நாளின் துவக்கம் இது. வாழ்க அவர் புகழ்.

அன்புடன்

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Tamizh,
    Another notable one .. Sabash Meena - ULLaththai aLLiththaa
    Joe: I have seen sabash meena long time ago. I think I have a copy of UAT, I will watch it.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber abkhlabhi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,

If I am a director, and Sivaji films approaches me and ask me to choose a film of theirs to be remade, I'll pick two:

1. Kungumam.
    Could have been a brilliant movie, so we can repair it with stronger script.
    2. Puthiya Paravai.
    I know it already has great script, but imagine putting it in modern context, make it Sigappu Rojakkal-esque, explore characters psyche a bit more.

And you know whom I'd love to have as the lead.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    2. Puthiya Paravai.

Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!