Page 22 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan - Part 5

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas
    Why a shortened review? You should have written it as you normally do.

I guess everyone would have seen it and my post was supposed to be nostalgic.
    aduththa thadava kandippaa ezhudhuren.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    Watched Gnana Oli for the umpteenth time. From an orphan to a lover, a husband, father, grandfather... Coffin maker to friend, murderer, convict, philathropist... appappaa... how many roles does the don of acting take in one single role!
    Well, put, NOV! (Romba naalaa kaanom? Holiday-ah?)

Saying Gnana Oli is great is like admitting honey is sweet.

So many highlights in this film. I always liked the part before he returns as rich man Arun.

I especially love the rooftop encounter and Amma Kannu Summa Sollu Aasai Illaiyoo is one of the often forgotten songs that I listen to time to time. There has been many rooftop romances in Tamil film industry (including the recent brain repellent Anniyan), but nothing can top this in its humour, silliness and the giddy romance.

Of course, there also lies his relationship with the church, his relationship with the father (who is this actor, he’s so good). The use of left hand (the mannerism which is maintained until he ditched it when returning as Arun) is an important issue here as the same hand befells what could have been his son-in-law. One strike. “Adichen…poyittaan!” the baffled look on NT’s face during this scene is worth watching the entire movie (there are thousands of other reasons as well).

Gnana Oli is definitely one of the VCDs I take out on lonely nights when I want to let out strong emotions. One who feels that he is wronged, that he has not been given fair treatment, and one who is always standing on the edge of the world when the rest are turning their faces away. This is an iconic role for NT.

" நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rakesh, I should have woken you up on Sat morning to catch this film Very good print too.

Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    (Romba naalaa kaanom? Holiday-ah?)
    year end break.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    Rakesh, I should have woken you up on Sat morning to catch this film Very good print too.

This gives rise to the question: Which NT films are best watched in the morning, or at night. B/W films especially work very well at night, if you ask me. Gnana Oli and Deiva Magan are very atmospheric of that time of the day. Switch off the lights and let the images flicker at dark. The thing is, you will be affected so much that you'll have trouble sleeping afterwards.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mr_karthik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gnana Oli

I especially love the rooftop encounter and Amma Kannu Summa Sollu Aasai Illaiyoo is one of the often forgotten songs that I listen to time to time. There has been many rooftop romances in Tamil film industry (including the recent brain repellent Anniyan), but nothing can top this in its humour, silliness and the giddy romance.
    My goodness.... groucho070...

When I was thnking to write about this scene (when reading NOV's post), you are there. (Nt fans always have same wavelength).

No doubt it is one among the finest romance scenes. When watching this scene and song, each and every NT fan think, 'WHY VIJAYA NIRMALA DID NOT ACT AS PAIR OF NT FOR SOME MORE FILMS?'.

Yes that much coincidence between them, and their love scene just a lightning that pass through with a rainbow colours (in a B&W film).

And the song 'amma kannu' also a catchy tune by the great MSV. The other song 'manamEdai malargaLudan dheepam' also a wonder by him by mixing the christian church tune, in an acceptable ratio.

What a movie is Gnana oLi....!!!!!!. (hmmm.... adhellAm oru poRkAlamunga)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mr_karthik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This gives rise to the question: Which NT films are best watched in the morning, or at night. B/W films especially work very well at night, if you ask me. Gnana Oli and Deiva Magan are very atmospheric of that time of the day. Switch off the lights and let the images flicker at dark. The thing is, you will be affected so much that you'll have trouble sleeping afterwards.
    Yes.... Nothing but truth.....

I enjoyed that experience many times, recently two days back, with 'Raman Edthanai Ramanadi' in the late night, and last week with 'Niraikudam' in DVDs.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today morning i was watching the song "Aaru maname Aaru" in jaya max continued by "Amaidhiyaana nadhiyinile"

நடிகர்திலகத்தின் பல்வேறு படங்களில் இருந்து அவருடைய நடையழகை பட்டியலிட்டால் என்ன என்று தோன்றியது.உடனடியாக என் ஞாபகத்துக்கு வந்தவை:
    அமைதியான நதியினிலே பாடலின் நடுவில் ஒரு நளின நடை
    ஆறு மனமே ஆறு பாடலின் கடைசியில் கடலையை வாயில் போட்டு கொண்டே ஒரு விரக்தி நடை
    பார் மகளே பார் ஆரம்பத்தில் ஆஸ்பத்திரிக்கு வரும் மிடுக்கு நடை
    ம்ன்னவ்ன் வந்தானடியில் ராஜநடை
    அப்பராக தளர்ந்த நடை
    தங்கபதக்கத்தில் கம்பீர நடை

இப்படி பல நடைகள்
    நடிகதிலகத்தின் ரசிகர்படை இன்னும் பல படங்களில் இருந்து அவரது நடையழகை பட்டியலிடும் என்று ஆவலோடு எதிர்பார்க்கிறேன்
    TAMIL THAAYIN THALAIMAGAN NADIGARTHILAGAM

Senior Member Regular Hubber mohanraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kandhan karunai matrum kattabommanil Raja Nadai.
    Thiruvilayadal kadaloraththil "yul brynner" nadai.
    Navarathri 9 nadaigal.....appappa pala irukkey !!! Pattiyal podamudiyuma ?
    Entertainment starts where reality ends???

Post Thanks / Like
    mr_karthik

you are right about Vijaya Nirmala. Good chemistry between the two. Glad that you have that habit of watching B/W NT flicks at night. You should try Deiva Magan in darkness and marvel at the cinematography, especially the final shoot out. I still haven’t watched Andha Naal, and hope to watch it soon…at night!

Harish.
    Mohanram-sar sonnathupool, adukki kittey poogalam.

Mohanram-sar,

Good to see you here. Adikadi vaangga sar.

Moderator Diamond Hubber Thirumaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Warning to m1:

People here are not doing any fun or comedies.. Restrain urself from such comedy dialogues and making fun and indirectly provoking.

As far statue related topic if u dont believe in such things let it be with you and let other's live with their opinion.

Thanks.