Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ARTHRITIS

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks dev. I am waiting for yr reply.

Meanwhile, can u suggest me the brand name of olive oil for cooking purpose?

Bye.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am not sure R...I'm not very brand conscious & so I don't bother to remember the brand names unless they prove to be something unique... & tht too in the case of oil,if I just buy a litre of oil it'll last for more than 3 months... If you can give me abt a weeks time,I'll try to gather info abt the brand of olive oil from my friends & let u know... For deep frying, most of my friends use veg oil only...Some use palm oil but i don't really like it...

& I would always advocate using different types of oil for cooking... Read somewhere tht it's always good to do so coz it can help balance the saturated fat & unsaturated fat etc...diff oils have diff combinations of sat & unsat fat...& for ur info,the recommended intake of oil for an healthy adult is just 1 tbsp(ie 15 ml or 3 tsp) of oil a day... My husband has done a research(not a Ph.D though ) in healthy eating & we've a huge amt of data which we r trying to put in a website so that more & more ppl will be benefited... But he hardly finds time to work on it & we r not getting the right kind of ppl to help us in the process... Anyways,we now have a handful of our friends following our diet & they 've seen good results... Am happy abt it & hopefully will get the website done soon so tht we can help atleast a few lead a healthy life... I strongly feel tht it's time ppl understand what is on their plate,not just in terms of the name of the dish but in terms of nutrients too,atleast to some extent...

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gayathri ,
    Thank you so much for your tips.
    Hi dev and R, when I came to USA I was under the confusion to use which oil?When I met an Indian Dietition ,their saying is according to this weather , three oils are good for heart and health.
    C O P means C- Canola oil,O-Olive oiland P-Peanut oil,which contains poly and mono saturated fat.BERTOLLI EXTRA LIGHT OLIVE oil is good for seasoning and Canola oil is good for regular cooking and frying Indian food.Of course gingelly oil( nallennai) is very good for cooking if it is available,for frying it will not be good because of its smoking point.
    Thanks
    Ammu

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks dev for yr explanation.

And ammu, that helps me a lot. Now I know clearly what to choose, thank you so much.

Bye.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234