Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Re-analysis of IR post 2000

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok!. just asking..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

En Veetu Jannal

Guys,

Love the "En Veetu Jannal "song - ( Lyrics could have been better - but lyrics have been IR's achilles heal since mid 90's save the occasional Vaali gems that were few and far between ..) - I somehow feel instantaneously latched on his hindolams ( not sure how pure this particular song is in terms of the Raaga/Scale) .. Naanaga Naan Illai, Om Namasivaya, Naan Thedum sevanthi poovithu , Sadha Sadha ( ramana maalai) and many others ) - I am always puzzled by how this man could make Hindolam sway to his will to suit the various moods. .. All the above mentioned Hindolam songs are all different in terms of the moods the songs evoke.. But one thing i felt in his hindolams was always ecstasy /Getting immersed in a particular emotion.. A good example is Naanaga Naan Illai - THis one a guy is immersed in his mother's affection. Sadha Sadha evokes a mood where one is immersed in devotion.

Any hindolam fans here .. would be glad if you could point more hindolams from IR/Other MD's.

Cheers
    MSK

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    From most of the postings we could conclude that the hasty decision of overlooking IR's post 2000 music was due to a mental-"love" for his past gems. Just like how kannunukku enna vendum is causing a analysis there are alot of songs for us to analyse in this era of IR.

I suggest that musical techies bring in some "hated" aspects of raaja such as synth which i feel there he has put to good use in some of the films. If there is a analysis for that it would be great for us as well. After all he is also a pioneer for using synth in TFM and also mastered its bass version as well.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: En Veetu Jannal

Quote Originally Posted by cry_sandiego
    Guys,

Love the "En Veetu Jannal "song - ( Lyrics could have been better - but lyrics have been IR's achilles heal since mid 90's save the occasional Vaali gems that were few and far between ..) - I somehow feel instantaneously latched on his hindolams ( not sure how pure this particular song is in terms of the Raaga/Scale) .. Naanaga Naan Illai, Om Namasivaya, Naan Thedum sevanthi poovithu , Sadha Sadha ( ramana maalai) and many others ) - I am always puzzled by how this man could make Hindolam sway to his will to suit the various moods. .. All the above mentioned Hindolam songs are all different in terms of the moods the songs evoke.. But one thing i felt in his hindolams was always ecstasy /Getting immersed in a particular emotion.. A good example is Naanaga Naan Illai - THis one a guy is immersed in his mother's affection. Sadha Sadha evokes a mood where one is immersed in devotion.

Any hindolam fans here .. would be glad if you could point more hindolams from IR/Other MD's.

Cheers
    MSK
    http://vasudev1954.sulekha.com/blog/...t-nimmathi.htm

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    one more big fan of 'en veettu jannal etti' song - adiyen - inspite of bhavatharini. Raaman abdullah dhaane...
    Sembaruththi pennoruththi...
    muthmizhae muthamizhae
    great album - smooth magical songs..

and one more thing about sembaruththi pennoruththi..

That 'ho....' thing they (SPB and Chithra) do in the charanams was / is uber cool and so melodic.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like

Hindholam

Thanks Rajasaranam for the link. That one looks like the link from Classical IR article by Lakshmi Narayan. Kanna unai thedukiren vaa from that Nadiya movie is also a classic in Hindolam. I remember seeing that movie in the mid 80's and it was an instant hit!

Jaiganes,

Me too love that Sembarathi song.. a faced paced duet - miss SPB/Chitra these days..

All,

Happened to watch IR's Italy concert VCD only this morning. ( this was a VCD i bought from a CD shop right next to PRasad Studios during my last trip to Chennai and totally forgot abt it until this morning when i watched.. the sound quality was bad but it had it's interesting moments with IR describing the folk song background to the Italian person who was translating it. The crescendo peice on Veetukku Veedu and the 3 note peice were also good - But i thought they played Thumbi vaa too, but the VCD did not have it.

Cheers
    MSK

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    MSK,

What a strange coincidence. I too played the VCD today morning. Morning in India I have played this many times. Not the best produced VCD since they could have got more IR songs into it. The most tragic cut was the 'Mood Kapi', which is essentially based on the Tumbi Vaa song. Anyway I am happy with whatever they have given, especially the instrumental version of Azhagu Malar Aada. What a performance from the orchestra.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Suresh,

yes. The Azhagu Malar Aada intrumental was so good. I wish IR releases more of his song tracks in Instrumental version. Was a great peice.. Coincidentally, i was browsing a blog site by Anand where he has many interlude peices of IR - Great collection.

By the way, your post 2000 analysis was interesting but thought you missed Sethu. ( maybe Sethu came before 2000 i might be wrong ). But great review of Post 2000 songs ( i am looking up some of the movies now )

Cheers
    MSK

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks MSK. I am not sure if Sethu was 1999 or Post 2000. I looked my data from a web site and I later realized I missed a few like 'MayaKannadi' (which AE pointed out) and 'Chidambarathil Oru Appuswamy'. In case you are searching, look for the Malayalam movies. You will not be disappointed with the songs. (Can't assure you that about the movies though

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes
    one more big fan of 'en veettu jannal etti' song - adiyen - inspite of bhavatharini. Raaman abdullah dhaane...
    Sembaruththi pennoruththi...
    muthmizhae muthamizhae
    great album - smooth magical songs..

and one more thing about sembaruththi pennoruththi..

That 'ho....' thing they (SPB and Chithra) do in the charanams was / is uber cool and so melodic.
    wov what an album, I purchased original cassete and it was sweet experience.

Moreover the flute piece comes at end of second interval in the song "puthithai ketukum" was marvalous one. Parthiban sonnathu maathiri ""Sethudalamnu thonum"

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast