Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has tfmpage lost its charm?

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Has tfmpage lost its charm?

Has tfmpage lost its charm, or is it just me? I am a frequent visitor to tfmpage and a semi-frequent poster. But ever since the tfmpage took its new avatar, there seems to be less and less of action here. Where have all the regular posters gone?

I request the admin not to close this thread or move it to the 'Comments' section. I want people to look at the thread topic, come in and post their thoughts...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think so.

Its just that now the hub has million other things apart from just tfm, so as a result the crowd is dispersed in various threads, making you feel, why are there no frequent replies that used to be there previously. Personally, I like the emoticons and other cool tools in this hub.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jaiganes,

True, the new DF is great, I love it! But it is just that I feel the enthu and vigor with which people used to post, that is missing...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even i feel the enthu is not there anymore.Also so many regular posters have gone missing&even the one's still there don't post frequently.the new look is good but it is preventing more participation

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, even I feel the same. Instead of spilting the topics into sections, one flat stripped down version like the previous df will draw more people. Though "lite view" mimics the old one, somehow it does not feel like it. On the contrary, the new df has lot of features which will be good in the long run. I hope people will take some time to adjust to the new df.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I too had the same feeling as 'dude' about the new forum. Though its definitely a good initiative, I wonder if the new design helps. The old one seemed better (or probably we got used to it). But the tfmpage should continue. Apart from the entertainment angle, its a treasure trove of information. I could get information about so many songs/singers/music thru' this forum. And yes, I miss the old/regular participants too. Wonder if they are still around with different pseudo names.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's quite difficult to better the best

The `original' TFMDF is one of the best forums seen in the web IMHO and that's why I still use the `lite' version to post / view. This is in a way better than the old IMHO, because of the `sections' as one need not browse through 100's of thread titles...I miss the `old responses', however, that helps taste the new look DF, which we'll all get used to and start appreciating the newer features in time.

I haven't tried from my home yet (with analog phone line modem, similar to what I had in India) on the new look pages, can comment on the speed after that...

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmmm. ya

I think it is...probably until we get used to this.... any new change always has trouble to be accepted immediately unless it is very appealing suddenly....otherwise... it is like Einstein's theory getting accepted against Newton's theory getting accepted against Aristotle's theory...

:)

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the comments. Positive or negative, they are always useful. If you have any specific suggestions that we can implement, pls post them.

Instead of spilting the topics into sections, one flat stripped down version like the previous df will draw more people.
    MrJudge: The new TFM Portal is meant to address this concern. Take a look and give me your verdict

http://tfmpage.com/hub/portal.php?c=2

It'll replace the TFMPage.Com frontpage eventually.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    RR:

Yes, the new one looks good. Let me get back to you if I have any suggestions.

I tried to log in from the lite view but it takes me to the full view automatically. Any idea why this happens?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast