Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need to lose weight

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Need to lose weight

Sigh! I am 20 kgs overweight................I hate myself.............I feel low & my confidence level is inversely proportional to my size. The larger I am, the lower the confidende. I have seen a dietician & is acting on her advice. I love food...Sigh!!!!And I hate exercise.
    Anyone here, with my problem?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber scorpio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Niranjana,

It is just your 'determination' to lose weight that matters. If you are determined to shed that extra flab, nothing can stop you. My sister is a living example for that determination. Both of us used to look like 'Laurel and Hardy' till sometime before and now, she is as trim as I am inspite of a caeserean section recently. Follow yr diet chart with passion and if possible, ask yr parents / others in the family to support you by not eating and tempting u in the process with high-cal foods. Exercise is boring to start with, but if you make it a routine, believe me, you'll feel a vacuum if you dont exercise even for a day.

Fellow hubber Dev contributes a lot on weight loss in 'Healthy lifestyle' thread in 'Indian food' section. Do peep in and reap the benefits.

All the best!
    Your attitude determines your altitude!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    niranjana wrote:
    I am 20 kgs overweight................I hate myself.............
    You dont have to. Being overweight is just a reflection of your body, not your mind and soul (are they one and the same?). So all is not lost. I am a person who is overweight just like you. My office timings prevent me from running regularly, yet I play every weekend in an attempt to keep fit. Not that it is producing great results, but atleast it is one way of shedding extra pounds. My advice is if you find yourself running away (!!??) from exercises in the gym for weight reduction then,
    1. Go find a nice swimming pool and start swimming.
    2. If you can walk/run to a place to which you are currently commuting by car or other motor vehicle, then start walking and running.
    3. Exercising all alone can be boring at times, if so then find out any group that plays team games like softball, badminton, squash, cricket or tennis. Play regularly, there is an element of learning nuances and skill as you play so the mind gets hooked and body doesn't mind obliging to that.
    4. As you play these games, swimming, you will realise that you can do these things better by a little bit of exercise/yoga. Then you will find that you don't mind exercising.
    5. Sports has the potential of conditioning body mind and spirit. Even if you are not endowed with a great body or an astute mind, you definitely have a spirit, for all humans are blessed with one. Sports will help you find the hidden spirit in you as you want to do be on par or better than your peers while playing. It is a well proven fact that most efficient and physically fit animals do not exercise, rather they play and their play provides them the exercise and all the skills they need in future. Humans are no different in this regard.

As far as the dieting part goes, I am not the right person to talk about that ( ) try PM ing raghu and ratchasi and other hubbers who contribute in fitness freaks thread. They might be able to help you out on that.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was 15 Kg overweight a month back and i am now 10Kg overweight.

I have not reduced on my food and havent done much exercise. All I did was some changes in the selection of food. Like fruits instead of sweets (i like both). Stoped having Roti (Roti has maida which uses more nutrietians to digest that it gives) instead have chapati (pure wheat). Brown rice instead of white.

Why dont you consult a dietician and tell her your limition. Without diet and exercise it may be slow but you can sure reduce weight by knowing what to eat and what not to.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sandeep wrote:
    Like fruits instead of sweets
    Yeah! thats a good one. Even among fruits hi carb fruits can be avoided (eg. banana, sapota and more juicy and citric fruits can be taken) If you are in US, search for the nearest sweet tomatoes . a good restaurant serving salads and fruits for lunch.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes

As far as the dieting part goes, I am not the right person to talk about that ( ) try PM ing raghu and ratchasi and other hubbers who contribute in fitness freaks thread. They might be able to help you out on that.
    Thanks Jaiganes,

Niranjana, please visit the 'Any fitness freaks thread', Me, akash & a.ratchasi will help u, I lost 24kg in two months, if I can do it you can do it too

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey niranjana cheer up :wave.

U can STILL DO IT.

I would personally advice DO NOT GO TO
    ANY FAT REDUCING SCIENTIFIC TECHNIQUES.

Just follow these..................

1. WITH GREAT DETERMINATION....start skipping
    10 nos.

2. increase it to 20 next day

3. in one week increase it to 100

4. keep doign this for 3 months. (if possible do twice
    a day)

Initially U WOULD HATE EXERCISING...later
    u cant live without it.

JUST DO IT. would eb tough for first week
    then u would love it.

Just skip. and eat the regular food. (do not eat more)

Remember, being fat has nothign to do with
    physical looks. DO NOT FEEL PUT OFF. IF YOU
    ARE A LOVELY PERSON WITHIN, THATS WHAT COUNTS.

but being fat, MAY LEAD TO DISEASE LATER ON.

SO, pls DO IT. u can.

rgds,
    shakthiprabha.

p.s, raghu PLZ TELL me HOW U LOST 24 KG!!!!!!!!
    Thats amazing.

p.s.2 .. I actually happen to be
    5 kg over weight...and yes, love to be 5 kg on
    heavier side... :P

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful Shakthi.

If you feel the excess weight might be of concern due to health reasons, try the following:
    i)Exercise:vital to keep fit, not necessarily to lose weight only
    Going to the gym is not the only option, a simple routine such as walking/skipping is sufficient for starters.

ii)Food: Minimise white rice consumption. If still feeling hungry, go for the side dish rather than adding rice + side dish all over again.
    Minimise sugar intake, not only in food but also in drinks.
    Go for high in fibre meals such as capathi, wholemeal bread. No coconut milk based curry!
    Increase fruit intake. If you are used to having in-between snacks, substitute those with fruits or juices made from fresh fruits.
    Instead of having meat, consume fish as it's high in protein.

Do not skip breakfast, lunch and dinner at all.
    It is highly important to have a good breakfast.
    Your body needs all the energy it needs to function throughout the day.
    On the contrary, dinner should be light if possible and sleep atleast 2 hrs after having your dinner.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good and effective points a.r. It works definitely !!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha

but being fat, MAY LEAD TO DISEASE LATER ON.

SO, pls DO IT. u can.
    Comforting,yet not so convincing!HaHa!

Many shoulders to cry on!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast