Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: what's the appeal of going abroad/desi identity crisis

Senior Member Senior Hubber lordstanher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilavenil
    Good luck with your education and future career in India. Well, since I didn't say that Indians should't leave India, this rule doesn't apply to me I don't think I came to USA because I wanted to. Like your parents sent you to Singapore to study, we have different reasons, not everybody leaves India because they didn't like India. So, I really don't know when or if I will leave USA.
    Thanks, I'm glad we cud end this on a more pleasant note!
    And aside, of course there r ppl. who leave India bcos they weren't fortunate enuff to get proper oppurtunities/employment etc. and not nec. bcos they din't like India....however, I've come across even ppl. who r well-off in India but then r not satisfied, saying tat they want more pay, 'better' quality of life etc. and target the US, thinking tat they can hav the best life there.....but its not nec. true......I've heard abt Indians who faced hardships even after settling down in the US....one of the most common ones for eg. being unemployment due to downsizing of companies. I imagine tat can be a really hard blow on ppl. who r cut off from the organisations!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, wherever people are, you can take the Indian out of India but not the India out of the Indian, Pa!!

So, don't feel bad if you are far flung. My husband always says, if you can survive in India, you'd survive anywhere else!! That's how strong and resilient we are as people, Pa!!

Senior Member Regular Hubber Guyana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Comming back to Haunt.

What Nirosha said today and on Jan. 17th and what Aravindhan said on Jan 19th., and some of the same things I would say.

Mainly, I wanted you guys to have a peep at what I look like (my avatar) after reading so many of my post over the years

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guyana!! Glad to read a post from you, Pa!! How's life??? Do drop by to share your thoughts often!!

Let bygones be bygones and carry on hubbing Pa!!

Senior Member Regular Hubber Guyana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry if I disappointed anyone by not having my avatar up as I thought. Its there now, however small it shows.

>>How's life??? <<

Well I have been treating it with allot of grace which has gotten me through a far way. Starting to have some enjoyment with some sorrow (passing of a close relative (father's brother while my father was undergoing a major surgery the same day of the death of his brother) who was only cremated about a week ago. Don't need any sympathy, as this is all part of life. I am also extremely busy as usual, but much more focused these days. It has been year back here, so, it took some time. Dob't want to get more personal than this for what I am sometime taken to be here.

Have another post to make in another thread. See you there soon.

Urme

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456