• Novelist

0 0%
  • All the above

9 31.03%
Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Poet Laureate Kannadasan

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    BL. I know that TMS himself has said how he differentiates between NT and MGR especially. For NT he goes deeper, from the stomach up, while MGR's, the sound would just emerge from throat. But having heard them all sometimes he sounds the same, but of course, the emotions varies.

Take this one of fav songs of mine: ViLakke Nee Konda Oli naanee (Niraikoodam)...very nasal, it could be for even Jai Shankar...but when you reach the very emotional saranam (Poovum Kaayum veeru veeru, poovee kaayagum)...it's 100% NT.

NOV, did you watch MSV show yesterday. I had to switch for a while to watch Tuliyile Aalavantha song (Chinnathambi). Thirumba thirumba he brushes off praises citing Teamwork. MSV, humility is thy name
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    But there is another theory that says TMS sings the same for both the thilagams, but its just our own perception that differentiates them...

In some show, I saw tharaimEl pirakka vaiththaan song played for a sivaji film and it really looked like sivaji singing the song!

Rakesh, I watched the tail bit only. Vaanavil
    Yes, MSV is humble and usually says the right thing. He also aways says that one of his eyes is Kannadhasan. (remember the pullaangkuzhal koduththa moongilgalE song... he changes the lyrics to engal kannadhasan pugazhai paadungalEn ...

MSV is a living legend - hope the govt of the day recognises him when he is alive now.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    and oh.... nice to see you here Benny.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, NOV. As per my SMS. Is it true that Attan Ennathaan was written in ten minutes? Can you provide the lyircs here? I wanna take a closer look at this express song and relate it to the scene after social worker herbal medicine seller community service hero Rahim gives white flower to Devika to indicate his agreeance to her love. Athu vaayile sollirukaamula Poor Mary.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Okay, NOV. As per my SMS. Is it true that Attan Ennathaan was written in ten minutes? Can you provide the lyircs here?
    அத்தான் என் அத்தான்
    அவர் என்னைத் தான் எப்படிச் சொல்வேனடி
    அவர் கையைத் தான் கொண்டு மெல்லாத் தான்
    வந்து கண்ணைத் தான் எப்படி சொல்வேனடி

ஏனத்தான் என்னைப் பார் அத்தான்
    கேளத்தான் என்று சொல்லித் தான்
    சென்ற பெண்ணைத் தான் கண்டு துடித்தான்
    அழைத்தான் சிரித்தான் அணைத்தான்
    எப்படி சொல்வேனடி

மொட்டுத் தான் கன்னிச் சிட்டுத் தான்
    முத்துத் தான் உடல் பட்டுத் தான்
    என்று தொட்டுத் தான்
    கையில் இணைத்தான் வளைத்தான்
    சிரித்தான் அணைத்தான்
    எப்படி சொல்வேனடி
    I am surprised at your amazement in the 10-min lyrics-writing by Kannadhasan. There are many many other similar stories.

Surely you have heard of him writing on the cigarette box foil a song, on the way to the railway station and accompanied by the producer and one mister Loganathan.
    The mister was so taken in by the lyrics that he pleaded to sing the song.. which became a huge hit. yeah... the story of the birth of aasaiyE alai pOlE naam ellaam adhan mElE

Post Thanks / Like
    Not like Amaze amaze. But yeah, I just want confirmation. Yaarukku theriyum some history revisionist (there are too many of them) might correct us saying Kannadhasan wrote it in 9.3 minutes or something :P

Yeah, I heard about the fag foil incident. Looking at the lyrics. Simple but sooo strong! Thanks, NOV.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, same movie different matter.

Why was the word "matham"tanai padaitaan was replaced with "Panam"tanai. The patchwork was bad in the movie and NT was clearly mouthing, "matham"tanai. Why? Yen? Yenthukondu? Apasal?

Post Thanks / Like
    if I remember correctly, there were some protests from some religionists saying that according to thier religion its wrong to say that man invented religion.

Post Thanks / Like
    infact, even changing lines due to some protests had been fairly common, from even MKT days.

I'm sure you would have heard of vadhanamE chandra bimbamO
    originally it was written as muham adhu chandra bimbamO... and was striked off becos it was too close to muhammad...
    and then it was changed to aham adhu chandra bimbamO... which was also striked off cos it was too close to ahmad..

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I know that story.

Also MGR's Naan Aanai Ittal...Kaakaigal Kootattai Olippen becomes Kuuttattin Aattathai Olippen Poor Valee also became victim to this lyrics censorship. I just didn't know about the Pava Manippu song.

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast