Page 383 of 410 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 4092

Thread: Box Office Collections

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ArulprakasH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammy R View Post
    Buddy - I think the point was more around the logic used by BM, which is what Cedy used in his reply and which you questioned. We are all in agreement now on that at least, so its all good.

However, I do understand what you mean on some boys updating box office reports; however, I am not sure if posting BO updates is meant to degrade a particular movie - all these are coming from websites that are typically used when the movie does well too. Now I do know some people may have an agenda while posting bad results and I may have missed some of the bad posts, but then, that happens from both sides when an Ajith/Vijay movie releases. We all know about a few who bring Vijay into the discussion even when the topic doesn't involve Vijay, and what kind of bad language is used to address him. No senior hubber even cares to read or reply to such posts. As long as both sides maintain this, we will see more of such civil conversations even in future and I really wish to see the day when an Ajith fan can openly criticize a Vijay film and vice versa.

As far as YA is concerned, I too have heard decent reviews from few friends outside the hub, so as I have been saying, it may be too early to label the movie as average or a superhit or whatever. We may get a better picture by next week. If Anegan doesn't turn out to be good, it may well work in YA's favor. Let's see.
    Cedy did not point the mistake in that analysis rather he posted an analysis with his own logic. It is not just the BO updates, they were projecting it like completely bombed.

I have understood one solid thing from this thread. Let me remember it forever. Signing off from this thread.
    முதல் அடியில் நடுங்க வேண்டும்.. மறு அடியில் அடங்க வேண்டும்.. மீண்டு வந்தால் மீண்டும் அடி.. மறுபடி மரண அடி!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    AP,

Edhachum sollanumnu sollappidadhu. I had to wait till Thursday for watching Kaththi 3rd time as I didnt get tickets in any screen. S2 Perambur was available but not Sathyam, Escape or Luxe which I prefer.

And for 28th October, I had to book the previous Friday and there were very few seats available in Luxe Screen 2. Also, I still remember Ratheesh waiting till Wednesday to post first non houseful night show of Kaththi in Abirami. Our guys including me lack the 'soodhanam' factor to take screenshots then and there to prove things. Even I can only point out that in SPIcinemas Kaththi had 72 shows per day in the second weekend in spite of Poojai and HNY. But I cant prove it without screenshots. What to do?
    Last edited by ajaybaskar; 11th February 2015 at 10:54 PM. Reason: S
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    But CBO is a real shock for me.

Disclaimer: No offense to Ajith/Ajith fans

I'm not at all surprised, for regular movie goer there should be some gripping elements to attract, that's totally missing in YA. Ajiths presence should be enough for some but not for all. Is the movie a flop material? definitely not.. it does have good moments but that's not enough to see a blockbuster success. At the max it can reach above average IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dammy R View Post

However, I do understand what you mean on some boys updating box office reports; however, I am not sure if posting BO updates is meant to degrade a particular movie - all these are coming from websites that are typically used when the movie does well too. Now I do know some people may have an agenda while posting bad results and I may have missed some of the bad posts, but then, that happens from both sides when an Ajith/Vijay movie releases. .

Regarding the comparison of BO numbers, "the usual suspects" post the BO numbers just to compare and degrade the movie, some Vijay fans ( from the suspect list) are so desperate to give the comparison numbers with Lingaa & YA.. they didn't even cared about "I" which collected more than Kathhi (atleast CBO).. I don't understand the reason.. may be the suspects had an agenda as you mentioned
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ai collected more than Kaththi in almost all regions I guess. But why would it be even mentioned when the real intention is to find who is the real successor to Rajni in terms of BO pull? The fight is always between Ajith and Vijay fans, no?
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    AP,

Yes. U r right. Last night I was checking today's evening status. And it was all green except Sathyam. I specifically pointed out the complex for the same reason that MB mentioned. All movie goers' first choice in Chennai is Sathyam. Most movies show green from the first Monday but the evening shows are always booked at least 2,3 days in advance. It has been the case for all big actors including Ajith. But YA is not getting that kinda rush honestly. Getting booked on the same day in Sathyam is different thing altogether. Just peep in at 6 pm. You wont get tickets for even Isai, let alone YA.

Lets keep our chella rivalry aside. But at least for me, the movie is not doing well. An Ajith movie, say for example Veeram, drew more crowds the same period. And actually its quite surprising for me. Because after a long time, I enjoyed an Ajith movie and enjoyed it better than Kaakka Kaakka. And I thought it would become a superhit if not a blockbuster, mainly because it had the right dose of sentiments and romance in it. And except for the first half an hour or so, I found the film gripping. I kinda knew that it wouldn't reach the suburbs given the director's making style. But CBO is a real shock for me.
    AB - Just when you think things are going smooth- Please don't turn the tide. Festival Releases are different, Veeram was a Pongal Release. Satyam is not the only yardstick for movies success- If You found the movie gripping except for the first 30 Mins, we are happy. By any means you are not a trade analyst (Neither am I). let us give the movie sometime to determine the Hit/ Flop status.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sathyam added Santham 9 Am shows on weekends...So it shows that there are demand for YA tickets...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats why I said at least for me. While comparing with Veeram, I have clearly mentioned as the second weekend. Pongal is not celebrated for 10 days. After 4 days, all the films are the same.

Ok. Sathyam is not an yardstick. Then which one is?
    Last edited by ajaybaskar; 11th February 2015 at 09:45 PM.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This hub fan base (based on numbers) are as follows

VJ fans > Ajith fans > Kamal Fans > Rajni fans (many have left)

So it is common to see more activities from VJ fans, Competition between VJ vs Ajith, and Kamal vs Rajni is quite norm. But since the release of "Knife" this thread was updated almost daily, disregarding any other BO results of other movies which got released along with or just before /after Kathi .
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 11th February 2015 at 09:56 PM.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vithagan View Post
    Disclaimer: No offense to Ajith/Ajith fans

I'm not at all surprised, for regular movie goer there should be some gripping elements to attract, that's totally missing in YA. Ajiths presence should be enough for some but not for all. Is the movie a flop material? definitely not.. it does have good moments but that's not enough to see a blockbuster success. At the max it can reach above average IMO.

Regarding the comparison of BO numbers, "the usual suspects" post the BO numbers just to compare and degrade the movie, some Vijay fans ( from the suspect list) are so desperate to give the comparison numbers with Lingaa & YA.. they didn't even cared about "I" which collected more than Kathhi (atleast CBO).. I don't understand the reason.. may be the suspects had an agenda as you mentioned
    Vithagan - We are not offended. I could have collected more, But which movie was more profitable matters - You rope in Shankar, ARR, PCC - Take 2 Years to complete the movie, you lose weight, put on weight - Toil for the movie spend crores, Final result was an very average movie not upto Shankar's standards - But OMG we all felt the movie need to succeed for Vikram's effort.

Coming back to YA - The movie did not have any lagging moments - Please go to Twitter and check out the Negative Publicity by VJ fans - This reviewer itsprasanth - He visually looks drunk, He tweets between movies constantly and comes out and gives a review - Movie la croud illayam - is this a movie's drawback- Did KK, VV, VTV, have a star studded crew or always shot at a crowded location, Bullshit I say. This guys needs to stop reviewing movies. in UK The movie was telecasted on TV the very first day. Who would go to the movie theater if a family of 3 can save 40 Pounds. Finally If a movie collected 450,000$ in US and collected 30/40 Crores in India (Downplaying) - The movie is till running and will be in the super hit status.

For all Ajith Fans YA will be near and dear to our hearts - The movie has all qualities to being a BB material.

11. Likes balakumar86 liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very glad to know that Vijay fans are checking every Chennai screens to check how YA is doing, as I posted here earlier the movie is doing well at least in Chennai multiplexes.. if u want to know check yennaiarindhaal hashtag, there are screen shots haven been posted and good thing is u can come to know the timings of the screen shot taken.

I agree with you vithagan, the movie got Mixed WOM and another thing this it is been seen as a drama genre