Page 321 of 410 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 4092

Thread: Box Office Collections

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    Bill has not included KH in his post, not sure why are u pulling him into this..

I don't think Ajith or Vijay would be able to touch or beat the records of Superstar going by the current trends...

Both of them are not trying to do some great movie so that it will create record in collections;

They are aiming at satisfying their respective fans &

Want their movies to be minimum guarantee

If they take risk by doing movies with entirely new different storyline, with more scope for acting coupled with good supporting technicians they may be able to come to that stage...

Will that happen?
    I afraid not..

A good story based movie can become a hit. But from hit to blockbuster is only being decided by the stars (Which is unfair, but a naked truth)
    The complain over Ajit and Vijay is kind of harsh, because SS's blockbusters success movies not really offbeat or path breaking, but pure entertaining.

Tamil movies never had such a world wide market when SS was 40+. But look where the market now. Both Ajith and Vijay have another good run of may be 10 years. Sure they will beat the SS' current collection.

PS: This post is purely based on collection, not charisma..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Muthalvan View Post

A good story based movie can become a hit. But from hit to blockbuster is only being decided by the stars (Which is unfair, but a naked truth)
    The complain over Ajit and Vijay is kind of harsh, because SS's blockbusters success movies not really offbeat or path breaking, but pure entertaining.
    Star value give a push for initial collection... story, Music, Performance and quality entertainment (advt + hype) make them block busters
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    Bill has not included KH in his post, not sure why are u pulling him into this..

I don't think Ajith or Vijay would be able to touch or beat the records of Superstar going by the current trends...

Both of them are not trying to do some great movie so that it will create record in collections;

They are aiming at satisfying their respective fans &

Want their movies to be minimum guarantee

If they take risk by doing movies with entirely new different storyline, with more scope for acting coupled with good supporting technicians they may be able to come to that stage...

Will that happen?
    Well Me including KH is more in honouring note because even now Highest collected movies are from SS & KH then followed by current gen actors.
    and doing some great movies by both the actors,Even I feel exactly the same that Both Ajith & Vijay have to select some great stories with great team.But yeah again a nutshell no production company would take risk of spending more money fearing about the return I'm sure even SS & KH would have went through this situation in the beginning when their seniors were in buisness once they shaded away industry need to moot other actors to capitalize the market here they did with SS & KH.

I'm sure once SS & KH retires/reduce the frequency of movies industry would be looking for other alternative to capitalize/increase the horizon of market at that time mostly they would opt for Ajith & Vijay.
    Rajesh......

Vazhkai enbathae oru anubavam thaane...

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arragesh View Post
    Well Me including KH is more in honouring note because even now Highest collected movies are from SS & KH then followed by current gen actors.
    and doing some great movies by both the actors,Even I feel exactly the same that Both Ajith & Vijay have to select some great stories with great team.But yeah again a nutshell no production company would take risk of spending more money fearing about the return I'm sure even SS & KH would have went through this situation in the beginning when their seniors were in buisness once they shaded away industry need to moot other actors to capitalize the market here they did with SS & KH.

I'm sure once SS & KH retires/reduce the frequency of movies industry would be looking for other alternative to capitalize/increase the horizon of market at that time mostly they would opt for Ajith & Vijay.
    There's absolutely no evidence to support your claim. SS has had many lean periods with no effect on Vijay and Ajith collections. Unless they do a path breaking movie as CR says, things are more likely to stay the same.

KH is in a different space and has no effect on Ajith and Vijay. Moreover KH has never shied away from doing offbeat roles and roles of different genre many of which have bombed in the box office. The post was mainly to compare a mediocre SS movie collections with the best ones of Ajith/Vijay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Muthalvan View Post
    I afraid not..

Tamil movies never had such a world wide market when SS was 40+. But look where the market now. Both Ajith and Vijay have another good run of may be 10 years. Sure they will beat the SS' current collection.

PS: This post is purely based on collection, not charisma..
    Blockbusters are typically based on ROI. GolliSoda was the only BB for this year so far. VR was the one last year preceded by Thuppakki. If you meant gross collections then yes they are on SS power/charisma. Tamil Nadu/India collections still dwarf the worldwide collections - so even with a wider reach, I'm not sure if it'll help. But I could be wrong.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rajni and Kamal are different from Ajith and Vijay. Rajni and Kamal have following beyond their fan base. A rajni movie or a kamal movie easily becomes a talking point at homes. Vijay and Ajith are more in lines with Vijayakanth, a niche fan following - of course much larger than Vijayakanth. Rajni and Kamal has long before became a cultural entity of Tamil nadu, while Ajith and Vijay are just movie stars with a large fan following. Apart from different factors, this is also because of their acting ability. You need skill to do get into household by doing MMKR,Thillu mullu, Sathi leelavathi, Thevar magan, Mannan, Muthu (I dont think wither Vijay or Ajith can do Muthu/Mannan from Rajni's filmography, let alone a thillu mullu/Johnny/ Mullum Malarum).

Both of them want to be Rajni. Rajni can do comedy, romance, drama between a matter of few scenes without any strong script and still can convince general audience and keep them hooked. Can Ajith and Vijay do it? If they cant, they have to be satisfied with the large niche fan following they have. Forget about becoming Rajni/Kamal.

8. Likes Adox liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vicky,

I think arragesh meant the situation after both SS and UN retire. I am sure the TN people will move on and will elevate Ajith and Vijay to their levels. They need not make a Muthu or Thillu Mullu or Sathi Leelavathy to make people watch their movies. A sensible movie with decent entertainment quotients will bring people to the theatre.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Saai View Post
    Rajni and Kamal are different from Ajith and Vijay. Rajni and Kamal have following beyond their fan base. A rajni movie or a kamal movie easily becomes a talking point at homes. Vijay and Ajith are more in lines with Vijayakanth, a niche fan following - of course much larger than Vijayakanth. Rajni and Kamal has long before became a cultural entity of Tamil nadu, while Ajith and Vijay are just movie stars with a large fan following. Apart from different factors, this is also because of their acting ability. You need skill to do get into household by doing MMKR,Thillu mullu, Sathi leelavathi, Thevar magan, Mannan, Muthu (I dont think wither Vijay or Ajith can do Muthu/Mannan from Rajni's filmography, let alone a thillu mullu/Johnny/ Mullum Malarum).

Both of them want to be Rajni. Rajni can do comedy, romance, drama between a matter of few scenes without any strong script and still can convince general audience and keep them hooked. Can Ajith and Vijay do it? If they cant, they have to be satisfied with the large niche fan following they have. Forget about becoming Rajni/Kamal.
    Great post. Couldn't have said it better ...

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ajay , dynamics are changing right? and you know how long stalin is waiting for kalaingar to retire?

"kodai avlo easiya therinjirucha?"

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamal may not retire and like bill4u said he is anyways not a competitor for these guys, considering the type of movies he makes. But Rajni's retirement, I can smell it already.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw