Page 327 of 410 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 4092

Thread: Box Office Collections

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honest,

The disadvantages that you've mentioned are actually advantages.

- Yesteryear heroes having continuous releases actually helped them. Even if they delivered a flop they immediately delivered a hit or an average film which made the people forget the flop. I remember Rajni advising someone (Ajith??) to churn out movies continuously exactly for this reason. This model is working well in Malayalam now. The big Ms release their movies every 3 months and even if their last film was a flop, the next release helps them to stay afloat.

- Those days the budgets of movies were much lesser because Tamil movies had market only in TN. So limited release didn't matter. And since there were no social media, the word of mouth, either good or bad, took time to circulate. So the movies of big stars had an uninterrupted run for weeks. Thats why a Maharaasan or Adhisaya Piravi had a good initial run those days and no one dared to make a movie like Soodhu Kavvum then. Think of Maharasan and Adhisaya piravi quality movies releasing now.

- Breakeven was quite easy to achieve for the reasons mentioned above. Easy in the sense, easier than today's movies. And producers were intelligent enough compared to today's corporate houses who have no idea about the field. Devar films or an AVM knew what budget would suit which star. I cant point out one such producer in today's scene.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ajaybaskar; 7th July 2014 at 08:15 AM.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    your breakeven analysis does not make sens to me as you take/assume the factors that play against each other actually equal or something like in over all is actually playing role against financial viability of a project
    I wont agree with you.....

there are so many moving parts in film business.....Due to growth of media and technology, the dynamism has reached to next level... if sumit up,in overall, it should provide positive impact otherwise stakeholders of the business such as producers, distributors and exhibitors, actors would not have embrace it.

There is no denying fact that technology development and media growth is like double edge sword but a industry player know how to handle those... On one hand, he can take risk mitigation measures and other hand take leverage of reach of media....

Acting in many movies at a time is like diversifying the risk. the objective is risk mitigation.... But acting in one movie at a time is concentrating one project and make it happen big... here the objective is maximizing the revenue/profit etc....Lead actors have the choice to choose later option.
    Last edited by Avadi to America; 7th July 2014 at 08:43 AM.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

4. Likes Cinemarasigan liked this post
    Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    i heard antha kaalathula chiranjeevi oru varushathukku 15 padam nadippaaram

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post

a SS film telecasted in TV brings whole family to watch it together atleast for 30 mins.. i ask Ajith & Vijay fans.. how many of your family members watch your hero's films when it is telecasted in TV..
    Probably these family members were youngsters when SS was at his prime and the youngsters fighting today will watch Ajith/Vijay movies on TV when they become respectable family members. And I do not feel it is correct to pick a lone medium and then compare actors of different generations through it. If you are comparing the reach of two current generation stars through TV then it is a different case.

A digitised and re-release of an MGR/Sivaji flick has more chances of attracting audience than a Rajini/Kamal film. Similar could be the case of the TV watching family audience(am assuming what you say is true despite the TRP of Vijay films being really high as the argument could be that not the entire family watches it) preferring Rajini over Ajith/Vijay.

7. Likes Arragesh liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    Probably these family members were youngsters when SS was at his prime and the youngsters fighting today will watch Ajith/Vijay movies on TV when they become respectable family members.
    Exactly my point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably these family members were youngsters when SS was at his prime and the youngsters fighting today will watch Ajith/Vijay movies on TV when they become respectable family members. And I do not feel it is correct to pick a lone medium and then compare actors of different generations through it. If you are comparing the reach of two current generation stars through TV then it is a different case.

A digitised and re-release of an MGR/Sivaji flick has more chances of attracting audience than a Rajini/Kamal film. Similar could be the case of the TV watching family audience(am assuming what you say is true despite the TRP of Vijay films being really high as the argument could be that not the entire family watches it) preferring Rajini over Ajith/Vijay.
    Precisely my point.
    Rajesh......

Vazhkai enbathae oru anubavam thaane...

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    u mean chinna pasanga refers to arya, simbu, ravi, vishal ?. Yeah kamal is better than them in BO collection

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamal is not a threat to both Ajith and Vijay when it comes to BO
    நிச்சயமா. ஏன்னா கமல் படங்களின் சாதனையை இந்த ஜென்மத்தில் மட்டும் இல்லை அடுத்த ஜென்மத்தில் கூட விஜய் ,அஜித்தால் முறியடிக்க முடியாது.
    அது சரி, விஜய் படங்கள் எல்லாம் அப்படி என்னப்பா சாதனை பண்ணிடுச்சு?

எனக்கு தெரிஞ்சு 'மதுர','சச்சின்' போன்ற FLOP படங்களை 150,200 நாட்கள் என 'ஓட்டியது' தான் விஜய் படங்கள் செய்த சாதனை.அதை விட்டு Record எல்லாம் எதுவும் பண்ணலியே. யாராவது விவரம் தெரிந்தவர்கள் சொல்லுங்கப்பா.

12. Likes rachel liked this post
    Senior Member Regular Hubber sakthii's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

more over now days.. particularly sat/sun movies are filled with ads.. no one is watching 'full' movie to get 'movie experience'.
    movie with 'songs', 'comedy' is getting watched during weekend.. movies like 'winner' will still being telecasted many times..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    iLaiya Thilagam 'Raajakumaaran' Prabhu
    Kothu vudura maari theriyudhae.